Normani says "Motivation" had a cultural impact and that it created a shift in music

5 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Gen Z swears they are all about being woke and tried to cancel Doja but are the same ones streaming her records. Idk :emma: 

The white power bottoms are literally the ones who are streaming the most Doja. I even had one power bottom on my DM’s telling me how of an innovator Doja is and I starred at my display like :parisok_hilton_chewing_gum_pink_phone_Reading: daddy ain’t giving you no **** for this, son. :liar_red_mad_angry_anger_yell_slap: Thanks to Nicki these biches are seeing the way! :gunney: 

• Haha 2
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

GP hates Tinashe because she’s half white let’s be honest :byetina_xtina_Christina_aguilera_pink_leave_bye_walk_leave_carpet_cheetah_hat: you can’t make hip-hop/rap music unless you’re 100% black unless you’re male :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass: that’s why Iggy struggling too lmao 

That's not completely true. I like tinashe but her label releases were generic asf n ppl had a hard time relating to her after 2 on. 

Doja is fun n relatable but this "planet her" era is weird.

2 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

GP hates Tinashe because she’s half white let’s be honest :byetina_xtina_Christina_aguilera_pink_leave_bye_walk_leave_carpet_cheetah_hat: you can’t make hip-hop/rap music unless you’re 100% black unless you’re male :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass: that’s why Iggy struggling too lmao 

Isn’t Drake half white? 🤔 edit: he’s male 😂

PS Mariah…

2 hours ago, TeoVallet said:

I think she means the way other pop singers have also been paying tribute to late 90's and early 2000's. But it certainly didn't have a cultural impact, other than people highlighting her dance skills. 

:umok_pursed_squint_well_okay: but did it really? The song, video(I didn’t watch it in full so lol)  and all of that was super cool, but it was literally just referencing ACTUAL innovative music videos that ACTUALLY had cultural impact. 

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

As someone who is a teen, what I don't get is how the artists of today are all talk, but their work is forgotten quicker than it came. You didn't see Britney in 2000 being like, "well ya, I 100% revolutionized this industry, some of you wouldn't even have careers without me", you didn't see Mariah talking about how she was better than everyone else because she wrote her own music (she's talked about writing her own music but in a classy way, rarely as shade), you didn't see prime Madonna bragging everywhere in a cocky way of how she was the most revolutionary female musician to ever walk the planet. 

If your work truly is that impactful, let it stand on its own merit. 

People still to this day, do not give Mariah enough props for her writing, producing, and performing her own songs

• Love 2
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Give me some of what Normani is smoking. Music video is a Crazy In Love ripoff and although a bop, the song isn’t remembered. I remembered this song for the first time in a year because of this thread :orangu_orangutan_ape:

She also referenced Baby One More Time and other early 00s videos, also that part with the rain was everything

She is great performer and I really rooted for her 2 years ago BUT song and video unfortunately flopped and that's all she did. 

10 hours ago, Style. said:

They are pushing for her, I mean, there’s nothing special about her but the industry is pushing for her to happen. Tinashe is way but MILES better than her.

But RCA wanted just like Normani to do R&B and Hip hop Music, there's more than people realize..

They are being forced into stereotyped genres because of their skin colors, they want to do pop music but racism in the industry isn't allowing that..

Rihanna had to deal with it as well, and she told the press why can't I do both?

I have to be one or the other cos of my skin color? Is that where the industry stands today, this was 2012 on her 777 tour, sadly it looks like not much has changed at all. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block