Normani says "Motivation" had a cultural impact and that it created a shift in music

To be fair, the basketball bouncing off her butt into a hoop became like a trending challenge on TikTok but that was it. I like the song still and the video had such a nice throwback feel but it didn't change the game. 

Idk if its her team or its her thinking she can be beyonce and not promote her music on talk shows and radio show, but she needs to make her rounds on every talk show she can. Britney did it and early Beyonce did it. 

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, MikeHunt said:

To be fair, the basketball bouncing off her butt into a hoop became like a trending challenge on TikTok but that was it. I like the song still and the video had such a nice throwback feel but it didn't change the game. 

Idk if its her team or its her thinking she can be beyonce and not promote her music on talk shows and radio show, but she needs to make her rounds on every talk show she can. Britney did it and early Beyonce did it. 

Not that, I work in music RCA is very sad in terms of promoting actually and as Bey she looks successful and US being her buglers market she is still to touch 25M album sales there most sales are from her singles like halo, single ladies or collaborations. Bey seems to be successful but not has sold anything like her peers in fact Taylor her 70% sales are from US and has such way more than her in albums! 

She really buys into her own hype, huh? A lot of artists were bigging her up at the time, helping her become the "It Girl" from 5H...and tbh I do really rate her as a performer from what I've saw, but gurl....

I just realised I'm singing "motivation" by Kelly Rowland in my head... I can't even remember the song :nonono_britney_nope_head_shake:

• Haha 5
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block