Here's who won at the 2021 VMAs

10 hours ago, maki93 said:

My friends are coming over later tonight to watch it together! VMAs are the only award show that I get excited for (though they have been disappointing lately).

I predict:

• Lil Nas X should win Video of the Year (that video is one of the best music videos released since 2010)
  • Olivia should win Song of the Year, and best new artist (whether we like her or not, she slayed this year) - I think she should also get Artist of the year but I doubt (probably Justin, Taylor, or Ariana?) May be someone else. 
  • Cardi (WAP) or Doja (Kiss Me More) for best collab; though my favorite is Miley & Dua 
  • Good 4 U or Positions for Best Pop (though I think BTS fans spammed this category)
  • Cardi best hip hop; H.E.R. best RnB
  • H.E.R. video for good

Got most of my predictions correct haha !! The show was so much fun! :lizzie_oops_dancing_red_maguire_hillary_duff:

I like Chloe, but I thought her performance was tacky. She literally sang “booty so big” for 4 mins, and twerked, showing her literal 🍑 in a leotard. There was no artistic vision in that. I felt the performance was a cheap gimmick to rid her of her innocent image. Also, she assumes blonde hair will help her have success I guess? She’s never had blonde hair before. Hopefully she shows more growth in future releases. Rooting for her, Normani, and Tinashe. And I’m tired of people trying to pit Chloe vs. Normani. They’re two completely different artists.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
21 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

So Bretman Rocks @Rikwore the same dress aaliyah wore 21 years ago, and Let's just say this is proving her legacy is valid..

We just wanted the Music we liked.

Her debut album only featured two singles in both of her compilations Back and Forth and At your best you are loved 

I saw! I can’t believe he pulled them from the archives. Her legacy is so valid and it’s so interesting to see it 21 years later hitting the red carpet yet again. 

26 minutes ago, gapeach704 said:

🗣🗣🗣NORMANI🗣🗣🗣

The VMA’s needed Normani. Without her there would’ve been nothing worthy of being talked about. Argue with your wall🗣🗣🗣

Red Carpet Normani GIF by 2018 MTV Video Music Awards

She is very talented and I like her but I am not familiar with her music. I also agree with u b, if ppl complain about her we know the real reason

I'm not a big fan of the huge video screens as the background.  Its so lazy compared to actually building sets.  It looks cheap to me.  Slave 4 U performance had the cages and so much it felt like an experience.  NSYNC did the Pop performance and built a whole set.  Now its just video screens and it looks so empty and plain.  Not a fan. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, allthat88 said:

I'm not a big fan of the huge video screens as the background.  Its so lazy compared to actually building sets.  It looks cheap to me.  Slave 4 U performance had the cages and so much it felt like an experience.  NSYNC did the Pop performance and built a whole set.  Now its just video screens and it looks so empty and plain.  Not a fan. 

I guess it’s all about the lack of a budget - the ratings for the VMAs are horrendous and honestly, there’s no reason to invest in these boring artists performances. A screen is enough for them 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block