Here's who won at the 2021 VMAs

7 minutes ago, Isla said:

Oh fff then :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

just in case anyone thinks I'm bull****ting lol

"(...)or for any other reason that Sponsor believes in its sole discretion to be reasonably necessary, Sponsor reserves the right to select the winners at its discretion and may take into consideration the number of votes received by a Nominee up until the time of the interruption or cancelation of the voting process."
https://files.mtv.com/rules/2021_VMA_Voting_Rules.pdf

• Like 1

For most of us VMAs will never live up to late 90s/early 00s (and a  few of the 2010s years - 2011, 2016 etc) but watching now and actually impressed! Between the mix of Madonna, Jlo, Olivia, Bieber etc its a nice feel of classic vmas and new. The energy is great too, and the production value and format of going across the stage for back to back performances is great. 

Nothing will ever top the Britney era of the VMAs but we should also be mindful that every generation says the same thing. When we were stanning the late 90s/2000s VMAs, the older generation who came of age w the 80s Madonna/Michael Jackson/80s rock era VMAs probably thought the ones we loved sucked. Its all relative….its human nature to favor what you grew up with. Not just w the vmas but everything. 

• Like 6
  • Twitter Team
2 minutes ago, Persona said:

just in case anyone thinks I'm bull****ting lol

"(...)or for any other reason that Sponsor believes in its sole discretion to be reasonably necessary, Sponsor reserves the right to select the winners at its discretion and may take into consideration the number of votes received by a Nominee up until the time of the interruption or cancelation of the voting process."
https://files.mtv.com/rules/2021_VMA_Voting_Rules.pdf

Oooh yeah this is interesting. And also BTS lost Best Pop to Justin Bieber..

• Like 1

I am watching it now.

I really miss early 00s shows.

I mean look at those current performances & performers. None of them has the charisma or attitude of britney, jlo, madonna or any artist of those times.

I feel sad for current generation. nothing iconic or memorable about these performances. 

PS: I do not know %95 of the performers or hosts. Am i too old or 00s' artists do not attend these kind of shows anymore? 

• Love 1
  • Like 1