Here's who won at the 2021 VMAs

• Super Mods

Idk if its cause im getting older or something but

I barely know anyone on this list (except JB, Ariana, Doja Cat, Cardi B, Taylor Swift and BTS)

nor would they be on my playlist.

If u compare this to the VMAS 20 years ago,

music was SO much better back then!

Almost every single music or video was iconic.

You just dont see that anymore in VMAS yet alone music in general

• Love 3
  • 4 weeks later...

My friends are coming over later tonight to watch it together! VMAs are the only award show that I get excited for (though they have been disappointing lately).

I predict:

• Lil Nas X should win Video of the Year (that video is one of the best music videos released since 2010)
  • Olivia should win Song of the Year, and best new artist (whether we like her or not, she slayed this year) - I think she should also get Artist of the year but I doubt (probably Justin, Taylor, or Ariana?) May be someone else. 
  • Cardi (WAP) or Doja (Kiss Me More) for best collab; though my favorite is Miley & Dua 
  • Good 4 U or Positions for Best Pop (though I think BTS fans spammed this category)
  • Cardi best hip hop; H.E.R. best RnB
  • H.E.R. video for good

• Like 3

No one asked but anyway, my predictions x

Spoiler

Video of the Year - WAP

Song of the Year - Dynamite (I think BTS will win pretty much every non-technical award they’re nominated for because of how devoted their fanbase are to voting)

Artist of the Year - I feel like it’s a tossup between Megan Thee Stallion, Olivia Rodrigo and Taylor Swift, the other three nominated don’t have much of a chance in my opinion

Best New Artist - Olivia Rodrigo

Push Performance of the Year - Drivers License

Best Collaboration - WAP or Peaches

Best Pop - Butter

Best Hip Hop - WAP

Best R&B - Brown Skin Girl or Leave the Door Open

Best K-Pop - Butter

Best Latin - Un Dia (One Day) or Hawai

Best Rock - Shame Shame

Best Alternative - My Ex’s Best Friend

Video For Good - Your Power or Montero (Call Me By Your Name)

Group of the Year - BTS (they and BLACKPINK are the two finalists for this award)

Song of Summer - Butter (this song and Stay are the two finalists for this award)

Best Direction - Montero (Call Me By Your Name)

Best Art Direction - Already or Montero (Call Me By Your Name)

Best Choreography - Butter or Treat People With Kindness

Best Cinematography - Brown Skin Girl

Best Editing - Leave the Door Open or Treat People With Kindness

Best Visual Effects - Higher Power or Montero (Call Me By Your Name)

Not tuning it, it's starting rather late for me too. BTS ain't attending so I don't care. and for the people saying BTS will win in the voting categories...they should technically, as we have a bigger fandom. but I want to remind people that under terms & conditions the VMAs literally admit votings are just a suggestion to them and they essentially can choose whoever they want as the winner lol. attendance has always been a big deal to them so I'm not expecting much tonight.

ah man, these things used to be more exciting. I don't care who wins, just don't let Bieber win everything, I can't stand his ***.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block