Billie Eilish album #1. Why?

H4T3r

4 hours ago, Good4Ya said:

Because she is a industry plant jammed down our throats :trash_throw_away_recycle:

Yes, she's proven to be talented, but her family and industry connections have paid her way too... 

2 hours ago, Luxuriou$ said:

I will never unterstand Billie Eilish phenomenon and honestly im not even trying to... next :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

You are the group of haters I am referring too, but stay pressed if it helps you sleep, I will listen to this flawless album. :praisega_gaga_amazing_brilliant_show_stopping_showstopping_sunglasses_incredible_yas_Yes:

• Love 1
13 hours ago, H4T3r said:

Yeah, I just think it's odd how people were dragging and calling her a flop and still are because it's 'underperforming' compared to her first album. 

I thik it comes with the territory. Masses kind of loves to build up people to tear them appart. 

Although i am not a huge fan of her jazzy sound, I love the fact that she is doing her own thing instead of trying to follow the next trend.

2 minutes ago, Persona said:

Ironically it's always the full fledged pop stans that hate on our main pop women the most. I guess it's just the current internet culture and trend to do that. I think this is deserved, I love her music and this album is definitely my cup of tea.

What was your favorite song?

13 hours ago, Stefani said:

Didn't she have some pre-add gimmick going on on Apple Music? Besides 230k isn't that impressive since it was only the 5th largest sales week of the year. For someone who's supposedly a cultural icon, that's actually quite low. :billie_eilish_green_chuckle_cackle_lol_lmao_haha_hehe_laugh:

She debuted with 240k units*. Plus, the album is projected to stay #1 for another week. I'd rather the record have consistent sales and then have a huge boom in its first week and then have lackluster sales onwards.

Just now, Blackout2006 said:

She debuted with 240k units*. Plus, the album is projected to stay #1 for another week. I'd rather the record have consistent sales and then have a huge boom in its first week and then have lackluster sales onwards.

Yea, Longevity over quick little peaks, period.

• Love 1

Everybody saying big hits.

Her debut album only had one hit and that was Bad Guy, she never intended to be a singles artist and her hot 100 record shows that, people love the singles now as it's part of a cohesive album, meaning nothing stands out by itself, but as an album it stands out completely as the full 16 tracks tell a story, which is rare in a Music industry consumed by singles as Beyonce said in 2011, albums are rare it's single after single tol they burn out fast, then repeat. 

Which some saw As shade To Rihanna, who made Anti, which I see influenced Billie alot, as you can tell there's no mainstream influences just influences from artists and genres her fans wouldn't know about like Bossa Nova which was a huge jazzy pop sound in the 60s..

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Pre adds is no gimmick, apple Music is a streaming service catered to the album, Pre Adding is literally Pre ordering in terms of streaming. 

You can't pre add or pre save literally on any other streaming service..

• Love 1
On 8/12/2021 at 8:36 AM, Stefani said:

Didn't she have some pre-add gimmick going on on Apple Music? Besides 230k isn't that impressive since it was only the 5th largest sales week of the year. For someone who's supposedly a cultural icon, that's actually quite low. :billie_eilish_green_chuckle_cackle_lol_lmao_haha_hehe_laugh:

Plus, it wasn't like WWAFA, which was the biggest era of 2019 had the biggest first week sales of 2019. Wasn't it the 3rd or 4th biggest debut sales. So technically, it is just a drop of 1 or 2 positions so how exactly is it bad again? :billie_eilish_green_chuckle_cackle_lol_lmao_haha_hehe_laugh:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block