What is Britney's worst lead single?

What is Britney’s WORST lead single?   

901 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Unpopular opinion...i never loved Slave 4 U when it first came out, and it's always the most skippable out of all the lead singles for me personally. If it weren't for the iconic snake performance and the choreography, i would be able to forget about the song itself. 

And I've been a fan since the tender age of 10 when BOMT first came out. Idk how relevant that is. slurp GIF

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 6
2 minutes ago, ganja_danja said:

Unpopular opinion...i never loved Slave 4 U when it first came out, and it's always the most skippable out of all the lead singles for me personally. If it weren't for the iconic snake performance and the choreography, i would be able to forget about the song itself. 

And I've been a fan since the tender age of 10 when BOMT first came out. 

Omg:omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised:

Although I heard many fans back then didn't like it, it was so different from Britney that they even got angry at her and stopped listening to her, moving on to Shakira for example. 

Maybe if she did release Bombastic Love, Lonely or Cinderella for the lead single it wouldn't be that quite of shock, but again, it wouldn't be so iconic without that shock factor.

• Like 7
1 minute ago, Lil-Jay said:

Although I heard many fans back then didn't like it, it was so different from Britney that they even got angry at her and stopped listening to her, moving on to Shakira for example. 

Maybe if she did release Bombastic Love, Lonely or Cinderella for the lead single it wouldn't be that quite of shock, but again, it wouldn't be so iconic without that shock factor.

She would have been like Taylor, playing it safe and not changing that much.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, nthenwkiss said:

happy to see MATM is getting the hate it deserves. imagine toxic as the lead? omg wasted opportunity.

and sorry, make me was a great choice, it showed her in a different light and i love that song.

outside of MATM - all other were good leads and fitted the moment / atmosphere of the time.

What are you smoking? MATM did fit the atmosphere of the time, that's why the Princess & Queen of Pop sang an RnB infused dance-song. It's reflective of its time and the definition of a mood and vibe.

Britney didn't even sing on WB and HIAM always sounded like awfully dated eurodancetrash from the 90s.

• Love 3
  • Like 4
4 hours ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

Make Me was and remains her most underwhelming lead single to date. It’s boring, forgettable and the G-Eazy verse just kills the entire vibe. Can’t remember the last time I actually took the time of my day to listen to it. default_um4.gif 

WB is a close second due to the lack of messy vocals, but at least the production was stellar and the song got people talking. :matches:
Also, jail to anyone who votes MATM. It’s one of her best productions and is peak urbanney at her finest. :katybelt_perry_witness_yelling_singing:

:gunney: MM is not a generic banger, but it's one of best songs. So I stan. :gunney: I jam to it daily since day 1.

And the genre was spot on the time. It still didn't age a day.

MATM is a great song, but lead single? Please. Toxic is one of the most iconic song ever made by ANYONE. So it was clearly lead single material.

• Love 2
  • Like 1

I feel like Make Me is only considered boring because of the music video....with a better video I feel it could have been recieved great. The song is good. 

MATM is sooooo boring to me. Such a boring song and video. I don't understand toxic not being the lead on this album? 

Hold it against me has way to many votes on this. That song and video are amongst some of her best! 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Lil-Jay said:

Oh no I was never mad about it or upset about the ***ual lyrics... I'm just not wild about the chorus. I can bop to it when it comes on...but it certainly doesn't make too many of my playlists. :( 

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block