...Baby One More Time vs Oops!...I Did It Again

?  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Super Mods

Man this is SO hard especially considering I discovered Britney through them.

But if I look at it objectively without emotions or attachment, I'd say:

Better song - Oops

Better video - BOMT

Better single cover - Oops

Im NOT saying BOMT isnt a good song but the production on Oops is more polished and clear however

Oops'  flaw is that its DATED as hell while BOMT is still fresh to listen to.

But yeah they are both so good

Bomt is my favorite song ever. Just fills me with happiness and nostalgia. 

I love both videos but I do think the oops video and choreo are more iconic. I also personally love the bridge of oops with the titanic nod and "awe you shouldn't have" 😅

The bridge for bomt is better to me though. Love how it builds up and then just explodes into a chorus of people singing. I'm also obsessed with that weird faint whistle sound right before the "I must confess!" At the end of the bridge. It all just sounds so good!

4 hours ago, frederiickx said:

BOMT is probably the bigger song, but Oops! for the rest.

I understand BOMT is globally a bigger song, it sold more, #1 in every country, more views on YT 

BUT 

I voted for Oops because I think in my country it was even bigger than BOMT.

When I was discovering Britney's discography (and slowly becoming a stan) a few years ago, I recognized Oops at the first listen while I didn't BOMT. That means I must've heard Oops many times on the radio as a kid or somewhere and BOMT never I guess? Like it just didn't sound familiar while I knew how's Oops chorus was gonna sound even before the chorus. At my "first" listen.

And also, Oops has more streams on Spotify:mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

So I chose Oops in every category:raven_thats_so_simone_talking_telling_preaching:

Both songs are THE Britney classics and you can't go wrong with either but I personally enjoy Oops a bit more:

1) the C# at the end

2) the vocal layering in the last chorus - > *******ic

3) Space theme

4) VMA performance

5) the pop rock remix from DWAD

6) the pop choir-like vocals reminiscent of the early 00s (Britney/Backstreet Boys/NSYNC) 

7) It's a bit more uptempo than Baby

• Like 1