Michelle Branch announces 20th anniversary of The Spirit Room Re recording on Vinyl and Streaming Services

11 hours ago, jennyj said:

I did, but I wasn't the hugest fan of it tbh.  I did like her older slower songs though from Spirt Room and Hotel Paper.

Hopefully the new re recordings will be goodb

10 hours ago, Mister_Secret_X said:

You Get Me is out now and she sounds great on it!

Yes!!!!

35 minutes ago, MayhemMike said:

not gonna lie, i was a dissapointed.  i dont want to pass judgement on the whole project just yet though.

I actually very much enjoyed it but to me, it’s not that different from the original. Her voice sounds the closest to hotel paper/spirit room than it ever has however. When she was doing country and the west coast time recordings i could tell her voice had gotten lower. Hopeless romantic as well, but all around she was using a different technique and relying on her falsetto throughout, instead of pushing her head voice as she had done previously. 
I think because she can’t readh those same notes she’s adopted this softer chorus thing. I’m still excited to hear the project as a whole

5 hours ago, Mister_Secret_X said:

Michelle will play a virtual live concert of the full The Spirit Room album on September 10th! Tickets are not expensive, go to michellebranch.com 🥰

yikes. It’s not that great though, it’s a lot for a 2 minute meet and greet online 

but I’m also in Canada 

I love her! I always wished she'd released more solo music. Hotel Paper came out in high school but I so related to it through my college years and beyond. I LOVED Desperately, Tuesday Morning, One of these Days and Hotel Paper. Ah, early 2000s, I miss you. 

I really thought she was so underrated. I didn't like Hopeless Romantic as much but I have blasted Not a Love Song a LOT, lol. 

• Love 1
On 8/16/2021 at 8:54 AM, KL4521 said:

I love her! I always wished she'd released more solo music. Hotel Paper came out in high school but I so related to it through my college years and beyond. I LOVED Desperately, Tuesday Morning, One of these Days and Hotel Paper. Ah, early 2000s, I miss you. 

I really thought she was so underrated. I didn't like Hopeless Romantic as much but I have blasted Not a Love Song a LOT, lol. 

I love love love hotel paper even more than spirit room. She was going to release more solo music but alas her label destroyed that for her

On 8/19/2021 at 9:58 AM, Rik said:

I love love love hotel paper even more than spirit room. She was going to release more solo music but alas her label destroyed that for her

Me too. It felt much more grown up. And I really, really related to the songs. 

"I took your picture
While you were sleeping
And then I paced around the room
If I had known then
That these things happen
Would they have happened with you?"

• Love 1
1 hour ago, KL4521 said:

Me too. It felt much more grown up. And I really, really related to the songs. 

"I took your picture
While you were sleeping
And then I paced around the room
If I had known then
That these things happen
Would they have happened with you?"

That song I believe is about spending the night with someone for the first time. Most other themes were about travelling on the road as well, and not being old enough to go into the bars and feeling isolated. Very interesting 

hoping for a vinyl release 

• 3 weeks later...

New release: Sweet Misery

The Spirit Room 20th Anniversary Edition is to be released in March.

New solo album is called „The Trouble with Fever“ and set for a early summer 2022 release.

A new The Wreckers recording after.

Oh, and she’ll give birth to her third child in early 2022.

What a busy *****!

Who‘s joining the virtual concert tonight? 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Mister_Secret_X said:

New solo album is called „The Trouble with Fever“ and set for a early summer 2022 release.

What a busy *****!

Such a. Busy year! So the wreckers project is also confirmed then? I heard about her pregnancy too! Amazing for her and her family 🤍 something tells me not all of this will be released that year idk

the meet and greet is way too expensive for me

i wish she got exclusives on the record like these:

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Mister_Secret_X said:

I CANT wait to buy the vinyl- just hoping that the remakes live up to the originals. I like the idea of a double LP release, one for the original recordings and another for the updated interpretations. 

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Mister_Secret_X said:

What a busy *****!

Tbh I don’t like sweet misery but didn’t even on the original album