Judge Penny appeared on an episode of her son’s show, “Insecure”.

i don't know why - cause what i feel doesn't really make sense or is based on anything real or concrete - but i perceive her as being a judge as the means to an end, rather than being someone that is there to uphold the law to its greatest standard and fight for the fairness of the court protecting the system from the citizens and the citizens from the system.

not the brenda penny vibe i get.

Waking Up Nom GIF by The Grinch

I think this is inappropriate and conflicting because ultimately she's a judge and I can see so many situations where she could either benefit or damage someone on court based on a previous business / working connection between them and that's why judges don't have second careers and have a more limited presence in society aside from their law career. There's probably the argument that it was just a minor role and not recurring but there's still lots of interactions and associations that I don't think would be fitting. 

• Love 1