Why Did the Oops Era have 2 Tours (Crazy 2k and Oops)

I wouldn't say that Crazy 2k tour was Oops...!-era tour. Yes it has 2 songs from Oops...! album but it started and ended before the album was even released so it was kinda like transition tour from her first era to second. And as far as I know, it was meant to be promotional tour from the very start.   

About Germany; she was mega popular there, I mean both BOMT and oops...! were certified 3x platinum in Germany, and its population is around 80 million so I guess it's safe country for European touring.:nynod_miss_new_york_ms_nodding_yes_yas_agree:

• Love 7
  • Like 1
15 minutes ago, Tear the floor up up said:

Any idea what her popularity is like now there (or has been for the last decade or so)?

She still has her hardcore fans but her popularity/sales are very low compared to her prime. Her last certificated album in Germany is Circus and it "only" sold 100 000 there. I think the reason is the lack of promotion. Some fans didn' even know that there's new Britney music out there.  Surprisingly Glory went straight to Nr. 2 on the album charts which is her best charted album since ITZ, but it did only last 3 weeks on the top 100. 

Blackout, FF and BJ flopped though. 

• Like 5

Isn't the Crazy 2K Tour basically Baby One More Time Tour 2.0?

I remember the very first tour didn't have the stairs, had a few different outfits (mostly the opening outfit differs) and also had no songs from Oops but she started releasing singles from her upcoming album whilst on tour and I believe that's how Crazy 2K Tour was created. To basically promote BOMT the album but also the upcoming project what would be OIDIA the album. 

That's always how I thought it went down.

If it's true what I say then OIDIA had no 2 tours and n'either did BOMT. It was just a eevamped BOMT tour like she did with Piece of Me

• Love 1
  • Like 4
2 hours ago, IForgotYouExisted said:

I remember the very first tour didn't have the stairs, had a few different outfits (mostly the opening outfit differs) and also had no songs from Oops but she started releasing singles from her upcoming album whilst on tour and I believe that's how Crazy 2K Tour was created. To basically promote BOMT the album but also the upcoming project what would be OIDIA the album. 

If it's true what I say then OIDIA had no 2 tours and n'either did BOMT. It was just a eevamped BOMT tour like she did with Piece of Me

This!

I always look at it as the extention of BOMT era, not the part of OIDIA, despite performing Oops and DLMBTLTK.

4 hours ago, Stannedforever said:

I wouldn't say that Crazy 2k tour was Oops...!-era tour. Yes it has 2 songs from Oops...! album but it started and ended before the album was even released so it was kinda like transition tour from her first era to second. And as far as I know, it was meant to be promotional tour from the very start.   

But this would be the best explaination I believe. 

Or may be considered as a promo for OIDIA? Idk🤷🏼‍♂️

5 hours ago, aspireone said:

Also, why was there so many tour dates for Germany for the Oops tour (10 shows).

She was MASSIVE in 2000/01 in Germany. 

OIDIA album was extremely popular there and Lucky was the biggest non-German hit that year! Bigger than Oops single itself. 

Also in Austria and Switzerland, so we can say in all countries where German is spoken.

And why? Idk but one thing I know is that NSync started in Germany and released their debut album BEFORE releasing it in the US. I guess Germany really loved that late 90s/early 00s pop sound.

• Love 2
  • Like 2
4 hours ago, IForgotYouExisted said:

Yeah, she just debuted Oops and DLMBTLTK, but they were like bonuses, like a preview of what was to come, but the tour was basically a continuation of BOMT Tour. 

• Like 2

Crazy 2K was basically her first arena tour and world tour as a headliner, her first tour of the UK was as an opening act for Steps, who was much bigger than Britney in the UK at that time. And it seemed as a return of favor as they opened for her in the US. 

Plus outside the hawaii special, which felt more like behind the scenes with few performances and the pay per view special not much is known about that tour. 

Was the pay per view special up there with The Spice girls, Prince and TLC in terms of huge pre orders for the time slots. 

I know more about the others, but little is known about Britney's first and only pay per view concert special. 

40 minutes ago, Shadow. said:

I'm sure the performances in hawaii on the live & more DVD were a part of the crazy 2k tour

also we have ff, dwad & onyx/oops were live broadcasted so....

We have FF sure okay. DWAD was only because it was a special HBO broadcast called Live from Las Vegas. We got Lucky with that one.

But we have no LIVE Concert DVDs from her prime and other tours: 

Baby One More Time Tour DVD
Oops I Did It Again Tour DVD

“Live from Las Vegas” (we got lucky)

The Onyx Hotel Tour DVD 

The Circus Starring Britney Spears DVD

Femme Fatale Tour DVD (the only proper release) 

Piece Of Me: Las Vegas Residency DVD 

Well I remember for years Wikipedia listed Crazy 2K Tour as a second leg for the Baby One More Time Tour but I think it's different enough to be classed as its own tour. It technically happened before the Oops era kicked off.... Britney did premiere two songs from the album just to give fans a teaser of what was to come but the rest of the songs performed were from Baby... so it was like a predecessor to the Oops era and a bridge in the gap between that era and the Baby era.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, HIM said:

We have FF sure okay. DWAD was only because it was a special HBO broadcast called Live from Las Vegas. We got Lucky with that one.

But we have no LIVE Concert DVDs from her prime and other tours: 

Baby One More Time Tour DVD
Oops I Did It Again Tour DVD

“Live from Las Vegas” (we got lucky)

The Onyx Hotel Tour DVD 

The Circus Starring Britney Spears DVD

Femme Fatale Tour DVD (the only proper release) 

Piece Of Me: Las Vegas Residency DVD 

We may not have got DVDs for it but the Oops and Onyx Hotel tours were filmed and broadcast on TV.