Watch this 5 Minute video from Nine inch nails to Kid rock, Jessica Simpson to Timbaland all had something negative to say About Britney and teen pop in general

This is old stuff from over 20 years ago and should be taken with a grain of salt. Look at where some of these people are today. Trent Reznor matured and has continued to be a great producer and artist, going as far as working with musicians from Jazz and Country and doing soundtrack work. Kid Rock became a Trump humper, enough said. Jessica Simpson don't have a career anymore, but seems to be humbled and thankful for what she has in life. 

You would've had to have been there in the 90s to understand the cultural push back over teen pop.

We had just went through Grunge, which was depressing and nihilistic. Grunge was really a fad and it was on the way out the door before Kurt Cobain's suicide. But after his suicide is when you had Post-Grunge and then Nu-Metal spring up, which turned the nihilism and rage past 11. I've always thought one of the reasons teeny bopper bubble gum pop exploded was due to the general public being sick of depressing and rage filled songs on the radio. Teen pop was a huge pushback to Post-Grunge.

I don't think it's fair to dig up stuff from decades ago and try to compare it to now. People change and in Reznor's case, he matured and has only gotten better musically and as a person through his age. 

• Love 1

Jessica Simpson was so envious and jealous! She said she didn’t have a #1 album because she’s not showing her belly and dancing all the time??? Lmaooo but girl that’s what you did for your first 2 albums lol and it still didn’t work. Because you couldn’t “dance” even if you wanted to and you didn’t have the star quality Britney had. All these haters thought it was cool to bash Britney in the early 2000’s yet she had the biggest career of them all. Music Video Smiling GIF

• Haha 1
18 hours ago, Vic_B_Like said:

Jessica Simpson was so envious and jealous! She said she didn’t have a #1 album because she’s not showing her belly and dancing all the time??? Lmaooo but girl that’s what you did for your first 2 albums lol and it still didn’t work. Because you couldn’t “dance” even if you wanted to and you didn’t have the star quality Britney had. All these haters thought it was cool to bash Britney in the early 2000’s yet she had the biggest career of them all. Music Video Smiling GIF

Lol exactly...

Jessica DID do the exact same thing, just really badly lol

• Like 3

The worst part about this is the hypocrisy. Seriously. :clownery_makeup_meme:

All the pop girls at the time who claimed that "I'm not Britney Spears" or "I don't have to be **** to sell albums" and their songs are just *****ier copies of Britney's songs. :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

All these rock musicians and rappers telling that Britney is a *** and bad role model meanwhile they are singing about ******* a girl, ********* people and eating corpses and whatever. :jtum_justin_timberlake_surprised_wow_um_blink_eyebrows_shocked:

Also the politician who would "shoot Britney if she could" because she's bad role model. That's literally the definition of hypocrisy:juggingu_britney_hat_meme_neyde:

• Haha 1
  • Like 2

The girls particularly Jessica Simpson and Avril, introduced s** after they got married. 

Did anybody not make connections, that now that I'm married I can tease the worlds men, see what you're missing. L

But both ended in divorce, sadly Avril can't stay married, but then again some people are born to be alone, and there's nothing wrong with it, the whole everybody gotta soulmate is also one outdated concept as well. 

But that's a different conversation, you'd be surprised how many people like being alone and actually living by themselves, social media played a big part of that. 

Britney was the perfect golden girl everyone loved to hate on. I think that’s why people didn’t get upset about her struggles later on or the conservatorship — so many people had been so jealous of her that something in them was happy to see her having a hard time.

Jessica Simpson still to this day has to make remarks about Britney. In her book, she wrote about a moment where her dad reminded her that she had a better voice than Britney. And then when she got asked about the documentary, she just said she didn’t have to watch it because she had lived it. Like no Jessica, you never went through what Britney did. You never had your kids and civil liberties stolen. 

• Love 2
On 8/9/2021 at 12:19 PM, ElenaB said:

it's so weird to me that everybody is on britney's side these days with the whole movement... it's the first time in history. she was ALWAYS dissed by her peers, made fun of by the press... it only got worse with time. and it's so unfair because she's always been a sweetheart to everyone.

True. And people wonder why certain celebrities haven’t voiced their support for her yet; the truth is, they’ve been simmering in irrational misogynistic hate and/or debilitating envy for decades. It’s really hard to throw someone a bone when they represent everything you’ll never be. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Stannedforever said:

The worst part about this is the hypocrisy. Seriously. :clownery_makeup_meme:

All the pop girls at the time who claimed that "I'm not Britney Spears" or "I don't have to be **** to sell albums" and their songs are just *****ier copies of Britney's songs. :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

All these rock musicians and rappers telling that Britney is a *** and bad role model meanwhile they are singing about ******* a girl, ********* people and eating corpses and whatever. :jtum_justin_timberlake_surprised_wow_um_blink_eyebrows_shocked:

Also the politician who would "shoot Britney if she could" because she's bad role model. That's literally the definition of hypocrisy:juggingu_britney_hat_meme_neyde:

DEATH to all of them :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams:

First of all those, so called "MEN" are pathetic and pressed to death... Lmao they were jealous of a teenager for selling millions,  breaking records and setting trends.
 Second of all, Jessica is so hypocrite, didn't she copy Britney in her song "Irresistible. Didn't she dance and show her belly as well !!!!! Poor girl FLOPPED though. Well ! it's not about just dancing and showing bellies. It takes more darling, it takes talent, it takes personality, it takes modesty... those things are appealing and that's what we call the X Factor, if you don't have it then you better excuse us and leave the room.

5 hours ago, KatieKat said:

Britney was the perfect golden girl everyone loved to hate on. I think that’s why people didn’t get upset about her struggles later on or the conservatorship — so many people had been so jealous of her that something in them was happy to see her having a hard time.

Jessica Simpson still to this day has to make remarks about Britney. In her book, she wrote about a moment where her dad reminded her that she had a better voice than Britney. And then when she got asked about the documentary, she just said she didn’t have to watch it because she had lived it. Like no Jessica, you never went through what Britney did. You never had your kids and civil liberties stolen. 

And even at Jessica's peak with Newlyweds she was still NEVER as big as Britney was :OMGney_britney_surprised_no_way_shocked_wide_eyes: Imagine being that delusional