Britney Best Selling Singles In US

1 minute ago, e_ffen said:

TTWE ahead of Toxic?? 😮

And POM above Gimme More?? 😮

3 is a little lower than I expected. I had hoped to see it 3x platinum one day :tifftear_miss_ny_new_york_ms_crying_wipe_tears_sad:

Womanizer slaying as usual. 

HIAM didn’t do as bad as some would like me to think :gunney:

Top of that this is just US, she sold a lot of singles despite being a non single artist WW! 

All of them are under-certified though/non certified also. Toxic will never go diamond I fear :umomg_britney_shocked_wow_omg_surprised_eyes_wide:

She has no diamond single :wontcry_tears_crying_sad:

1 minute ago, Roger said:

I thought that WB sold 2M :calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what:

This account is Legit AF, he never makes number unlike other fan account in which incident Selena Gomez has sold 300M records and Beyonce with DC 490M I mean :decisions_britney_thinking_confused_focusing_unsure_xfactor_bw_black_white:

I love how FF did his well despite being her worst era! 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Prachi said:

This account is Legit AF, he never makes number unlike other fan account in which incident Selena Gomez has sold 300M records and Beyonce with DC 490M I mean :decisions_britney_thinking_confused_focusing_unsure_xfactor_bw_black_white:

I love how FF did his well despite being her worst era! 

Just realised that WB sold 2M... worldwide :imok_goo_ooze_yellow_slime_mess_blonde:

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
Just now, Prachi said:

Top of that this is just US, she sold a lot of singles despite being a non single artist WW! 

All of them are under-certified though/non certified also. Toxic will never go diamond I fear :umomg_britney_shocked_wow_omg_surprised_eyes_wide:

She has no diamond single :wontcry_tears_crying_sad:

I can’t believe she doesn’t have one! Like how?? Hopefully S&S or Womanizer can make it there one day. I think I’ve seen SPS figures for both being around 7 or 8x platinum (still a long ways to go though) :tifftear_miss_ny_new_york_ms_crying_wipe_tears_sad:

But our girl has diamond albums and classics that spans a 20+ year long legendary career - and not everybody has that :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

• Love 4

Seeing a huge number of surprised users, this begs the question, what is the source for these numbers?

I have seen other topics where numbers were super inflated like both Glory and BJ selling 1M and it’s not a good look on the fan base to make such claims. 

1 hour ago, bas che said:

Seeing a huge number of surprised users, this begs the question, what is the source for these numbers?

I have seen other topics where numbers were super inflated like both Glory and BJ selling 1M and it’s not a good look on the fan base to make such claims. 

Chartmasters explained how albums looked like 40 to 30 Million sellers, the record label added the sales of the singles to the actual albums performance total sales, creating an illusion that it sold this massive, they said take away the singles, and you get a better number..

They said, this is still being used, by fandoms thanks to SPS and how they add all the streams numbers which looks like 100 million Units for an album, but that's impossible cos nobody streams albums, the singles are more popular than the album these days. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Lil-Jay said:

Where can I see worldwide digital sales?

Cause I need to know now oh because...

WW sales are next to impossible to know, you can only do an approximate value as only labels can tell you because on sales websites like CM they don't include a lot of shipments. 

9 hours ago, Prachi said:

WW sales are next to impossible to know, you can only do an approximate value as only labels can tell you because on sales websites like CM they don't include a lot of shipments. 

And the industry will always go by shipments as that's considered wholesale. As the store bought X amount of copies to sell, hint, the shipment are sales to the industry, the Sale itself is basically a purchased copy from a customer, which gets credited by MRC data, but gets discredited when it comes to certifications, as it was already purchased by the chain, so the label made double the money, one from the store, the other from the consumer. 

That's why people got smart and realized the industry was committing highway robbery with the 18.99 retail price. 

This was how piracy happened, people refused to pay that much for one or two songs, it worked for awhile, cos there was no internet, but once the internet happened, the industry was losing to its biggest enemy, the buying public..

@bas che

@I Always Sing Live

@Blackout2006

So, while they fought the mp3 battle, and horribly lost, they embraced streaming, but mostly to their terms, free spotify is still the sore point, as artists like Taylor swift, and the industry believe art should never be free, but I've noticed paid streaming services in terms of Music, don't go into the 100 Million crowd, spotify won as they believe people should have the option to pay or not. 

I only wish, the shuffle option, wasn't existing on mobile, I'm told desktop free spotify has the albums in chronological order with shuffle as an option..

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

And the industry will always go by shipments as that's considered wholesale. As the store bought X amount of copies to sell, hint, the shipment are sales to the industry, the Sale itself is basically a purchased copy from a customer, which gets credited by MRC data, but gets axed put as it was already purchased by the chain, so the label made double the money, one from the store, the other from the consumer. 

That's why people got smart and realized the industry was committing highway robbery with the 18.99 retail price. 

Agreed but from my research Britney is sitting at 135M albums with streaming and 160M singles WW.