What if Private Show was performed at the VMAs instead of Make Me

2 hours ago, Tetris said:

She would have been dragged even more. I quite like the Make Me performance, but it inspired an onslaught of thinkpieces about Britney being stuck in another time.

Ugh I remember this. People weren’t necessarily being mean, but commenting how Britney hasn’t evolved as an artist in years. That to me was really upsetting, because I had to kind of agree.

Β 

The performance was good, yes, but compared to performances other artists gave it really dulled in comparison. Especially considering it was her β€œcomeback” performance. Also Glory, at least to me, was a defining moment in her career musically. I felt she evolved even more as an artist. However the rollout of the album showed a lack of competence not from her but her team and label.
Β 

Truly, if you ask me, releasing the original musicΒ video and whatever they originally had planned for the album would have cemented the era more in the minds for not just fans but possibly the GP as well. Im not saying it would have been a Circus level or even Femme Fatale level era but it a shocking MV with outlandish imagery would have had much more longevity than what we ended up getting. I’m just saying my friends and family are always completely gagged at the cage scene with the body paint πŸ˜‚ and that’s just her team’s cut of the video. Imagine if we got the original 18 minute version?Β