Is 'Piece Of Me' a classic Britney song?

6 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

When I say younger generation, I do not refer to such young people obviously. I am referring to teenagers or people of my age atleast. Since I am a Britney stan, of course I would know POM. But I am 101% other people wouldn't know what that song is. And it isn't even about the younger generation. Even the older generations do not know this song. It really is just a fan classic and not a true classic. 

Yeah I was being shady towards you teenagers! :yesokay_britney_blush_blink: My point is that teenagers' knowledge shouldn't be the reference point, it's applicable to you but not everyone, and mostly because there's a whole 40 years worth of music for yous to still be discovering. I'm still discovering songs in my 20s that have transcended through generations that might not have got to me in my teens. Do you get what I mean?

I'm not saying POM is or is going to be one of those songs, I'm kinda on the fence, but I think it has potential!

• Like 1

I think it’s a cult classic but not necessarily a Britney classic. Someone that is not familiar with Britney’s discography wouldn’t know about this song. IMO it’s a shame that Gimme More got that recognition because aside from the iconic line, the song is not even good. POM is so much better, but no one can identify with the song other than Britney because of how personal to her life and reality the song is.

• Like 1

I wish it was but I dont know... To the fandom yes it is a classic. But to the GP idk, not any of my inner circle knew this song before i played it to them. I think ppl who were into mainstream music during that time know it and ppl who listened to radio and stuff but it isnt a classic in a same way gimme more or bomt is. People instanyly recognize those songs, Piece of me they may have heard somewhere but it doesnt have that same kind of classic status. Its kind of a popular at the time but kind of forgotten and underrated to the gp now. Its the megahit that didnt get as big as it deserved. I think it couldve been a classic if she promoted it by performing it and had a iconic performance of it that everyone would remember but in 2007 that just wasnt possible so Blackout album remains a bit forgotten and underrated for many