Is 'Piece Of Me' a classic Britney song?

"Miss American Dream since I was 17" is one of her most classic lyrics PERIOD!

and YES this entire song, album, era will remain classic and iconic forever.

Last night I was drunk and theorizing that Britney will forever be iconic, even hundreds of years from now. The same way that people are still fascinated by Marie Antoinette today. 

:bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

• Haha 3
Just now, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Doesn't this contradict what a classic is though. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

Like it's a classic among Britney fans but outside of that, how

Because fans know about it and how relevant it is to her life but it doesn’t get the airplay that Toxic, BOMT, Oops, Lucky, Stronger, Gimme More, etc. gets. It also wasn’t as played at the time as TTWE or IWG.

It’s integral to her career as far as her storyline of struggling with the media, her POM residency, but it’s not as played as other songs for the GP. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

No generation knows it, ya know? Literally nobody but Britney stans and the friends who they force to worship her remember this song. :kesha_sunglasses_pink_talking_telling:

It’s a bold statement coming from a 13 yo, how do you know? :blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao: The song has almost 140 million views on YT and Britney sang it on every tour.  :blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

• Haha 3
  • Super Mods
43 minutes ago, gapeach704 said:

Agreed. I honestly think “gimme more” is her best song. The swag in her vocals, the harmony, the melody, the production, “it’s Britney *****.” I mean, it’s the ultimate pop song and I hate that toxic overshadows it. I do wish Britney would re-record the video eventually though (kinda like Mariah did with AIWFCIY). “Gimme More” is the kinda song EVERY POP SINGER wishes they had.

:groovin_dance_clap_alien_monster_party_costume_Halloween_spooky_scary:

No lies detected! The other girls’ discographies are lacking because Gimme More isn’t theirs.

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148862e686ec8ddb19a1ff4

• Love 3
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, Style. said:

It’s a bold statement coming from a 13 yo, how do you know? :blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao: The song has almost 140 million views on YT and Britney sang it on every tour.  :blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

52 minutes ago, SlayOut said:

LMFAOOOO

Praying for you!

We're talking IRL, girls. Plus it's had years the amass that much views. It's a great song but a gay club classic is not a universal classic.

Piece of me is one of the most well written, sarcastic, hot sounding, attacking the media while being super **** songs..well the only and its great.

2 hours ago, Slayer said:

Would you say 'Piece Of Me' is a classic Britney song and iconic like BOMT, OOPS, Gimme More, Slave, Toxic etc.

Thoughts?

I personally think it is iconic and relates to her life so much!

Inspired by this thread:

2 hours ago, Million Billion said:

Yes. It is. The edgy dubstep sound is unique, you can immediately identify which song it is. Too bad the music from the Blackout era was amazing but the treatment the music videos got was so poor. I obviously understand the why but it still frustrates me. :verycool_britney_nod_glory_yes_yas_mhmm:

I love the POM video :lollipop_britney_sucker_dancing_party_2012:

It’s messy and goes perfectly with the whole Blackout album thematically.

The bathroom dancebreak might be one of my favorite scenes from her videos. Hooray for some iconic original Britney choreo!

Piece Of Me Blackout GIF by Britney Spears

• Love 6