Why is Judge Brenda Penny reacting slower than a snail?

11 minutes ago, HisNameisChase said:

I hate to say this... and it has been brought up before... but it could be related to race.

It has nothing to do with race and everything to do with the fact Brenda penny and all the lawyers involved are guilty, complicit, and gotten insanely rich off of imprisoning this woman 

• Love 5
  • Like 1
12 minutes ago, HisNameisChase said:

I hate to say this... and it has been brought up before... but it could be related to race.

:rihit_rihanna_annoyed_throw_walk_away_bye_irritated_mad: not again.....

Is Lou Taylor a  piece of **** because she’s white? 
What about Reva Goetz?

Please stop. 

• Love 1

I think sometimes people forget that judge penny looks over many cases, and taking this one into consideration more than others would probably be a detriment to others. I think sadly this type of stuff doesn’t keep her up at night. She’s probably numb to it and just cares about keeping her job and going through the motions. It’s sad and one of the many reasons the system fails, but she’s not the root of all evil. 

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
19 minutes ago, HearMeOnYourRadio said:

I think sometimes people forget that judge penny looks over many cases, and taking this one into consideration more than others would probably be a detriment to others. I think sadly this type of stuff doesn’t keep her up at night. She’s probably numb to it and just cares about keeping her job and going through the motions. It’s sad and one of the many reasons the system fails, but she’s not the root of all evil. 

Not true. A judge is supposed to uphold the law and ensure justice is served. That is the whole point of her professional existence. Or should be. But as you say, it is actually going through the motions keeping her job and what very "windfalls" that might include.

There is a saying evil triumphs only because 'decent' (or barely decent) people do nothing.

In other words apathy and indifference are the root cause of all evil

• Love 3

This is different from the Jodi security thing because all parties have submitted things for why or why not the hearing should be moved up. We have Mathew saying it is imperative to remove Jamie ASAP, Jamie saying one of the dates suggested is a Jewish holiday, and Jodi fighting with Jamie get again. It’s a lot more work for Judge Penny, but if she doesn’t decide by Monday …

The whole situation and her rigor mortis reactions to the fact Britney has stated she is being abused and is afraid of her father is alarming to say the least. Could she not have issued some kind of restraining order or whatever legal action a judge can do against Jamie until Britney's accusation was investigated? At least she could have staved off Jamie's insidious abusive influence over Britney until the court date but she hasn't. What on earth do her court moments with other people look like? Like this little made up scenario?

Teenager: "I'm begging you to restrain my father, Judge Penny. He's got a real drink problem and It's bad enough when my momma is around and he does bad stuff. But when she's not around he beats and rapes me any chance he gets. I'm terrified he might kill me."

Judge Penny: "Thankyou for your statement, madam. I can assure you we will get to the bottom of this in due course. In the meantime, child, you drink enough water, gets some exercise and enough sunlight and all will be good. *Slams the gavel down with dramatic flair* Now, I'll see you again at your next court date in six month time. Off you pop and take care, pumpkin. NEXT!"

It's chilling to say the least. Seriously, I'm at a loss by her lack of action to an ABUSE case. 

5JM.gif

• Love 2