Backstreet Boys' Brian Littrell says Britney should be cautious about her social media posts

4 hours ago, HeyWhatsUpItsBrit said:

What's this supposed to even mean? Brian seems to think she's posting. The thread you're referring to is for Exhalers who don't believe she's posting :idgi_dont_get_it_how_confused_what_hmm_umm_thinking:

I'll assume you actually meant to compare this numbnuts to people who believe these posts make Britney look crazy. From what I've seen, most of those people are of the belief that Britney is actually posting. So they wouldn't be posting in that thread you're referencing.

In fact, there are a plethora of theories being discussed in that thread. Sure, some commenters may think her posts make her look bad, but many of us enjoy the content and would be thrilled to find out she's actually posting. However, for someone without access to her own friends down the street or her own credit card, it's difficult to believe Britney is allowed to speak freely to tens of millions of IG followers. THAT is the common belief underscoring that thread. 

It's unfortunate enough that genuine concerns about the authenticity of Britney's narrative are silenced and restricted to one thread, but incorrectly labeling us only perpetuates a false narrative. So before posting something about "that thread," maybe consider your intentions. If you're trying to throw shade, whether overtly or subtly, maybe reconsider posting. We're all here for the same reason. Let's stay focused and united instead of being petty and divided.

still, most of those that believe she isn't posting, actually come from the same underlying concern and preconception that what is being posted is not appropriate / gives the wrong impression to the oh so important general public, or that is somehow gonna be used against her in the court. The "she would never post something like that" narrative, if you will.

It wouldn't be a problem if what is being posted on her social media were "good posts" to the eyes of those that doubt it, but most of them already decided that the videos and captions for whatever reason, make her look unhinged and manic, and they don't stop to consider before posting, that maaaaybe, there could be a possibility that she's actually sending the content and the captions; at least the pictures and videos come from her, forced or not, and judging HER like that is much more awful than whatever "shade" I could ever throw.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

still, most of those that believe she isn't posting, actually come from the same underlying concern and preconception that what is being posted is not appropriate / gives the wrong impression to the oh so important general public, or that is somehow gonna be used against her in the court. The "she would never post something like that" narrative, if you will.

It wouldn't be a problem if what is being posted on her social media were "good posts" to the eyes of those that doubt it, but most of them already decided that the videos and captions for whatever reason, make her look unhinged and manic, and they don't stop to consider before posting, that maaaaybe, there could be a possibility that she's actually sending the content and the captions; at least the pictures and videos come from her, forced or not, and judging HER like that is much more awful than whatever "shade" I could ever throw.

I think you have the wrong idea about the majority of fans in that thread, and it's a little presumptuous of you to say that the underlying concern and preconception is that her content gives the wrong impression. There are many fans who would openly celebrate her posts if we knew for sure it was her because we like the content being posted. Her topless photos, if she posted them, are empowering and bold. But if she didn't have a say in that, it's a whole different ballgame. The hidden messages and metaphors in her captions are smart and clever. If it's really her. But to assume she has that much control, in my opinion, is naïve.

If Crowd Surf and Team Con are controlling most of the content, the question is why. Not everyone believes her team is trying to make her look unhinged. That's one theory, but there are plenty of others. Many fans think they're just posting a ton of content to distract from what's going on in court. Or they could be trying to keep her relevant and interesting so they can continue to earn money from her. They could be sneaking in endorsements for Target and Selena Gomez and driving traffic to JL's social media. Nobody knows what their motive may be. They're very smart. 

Anyway, that's all I'm going to say about it. You're entitled to your opinion, and I'm not here to argue or change anyone's mind. We have bigger fish to fry  :saycheese_make_me_mm_hat_smile_peace_sign_grin_glory_britney:

Edited by HeyWhatsUpItsBrit
I kept it short and sweet, but decided to go back and add my two cents.
  • Love 1

No infighting. we all want her to be free. some people wish her posts were less weird right now during this legal battle and trying to be free, and some people think the posts are fine and britney should be allowed to express herself freely. I get it. but let's all focus on the bottomline: we want her free! and we support the movement.

• Love 4
  • Like 1
18 minutes ago, breaktheice91 said:

I don’t take anything coming from a Qanon supporter seriously. Who would’ve thought he’d turn out to be worst BSB, it’s no wonder he’s lost his voice. 

You guys are RUTHLESS toward this man for no reason!!

Side note to everyone reemphasizing what I said before: Y’all need to stop pretending Britney doesn’t act very different than she used to. AGAIN. It’s not a reason for a conservatorship, or even for medication. And it’s okay. She’s been through a lot. She’s said herself she needs to work on confidence, etc. but I really wish everyone would stop acting like the perception of her posts shouldn’t be that they are a bit odd. What’s the point of lying to yourselves? 

having said all that. It’s not even necessary for us to comment, assess, theorize about it. She just needs support and a bit of privacy aside from what she wants to share (NOW that the truth is out). But it’s a fact that her posts are a bit odd.

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, halfdressed said:

You guys are RUTHLESS toward this man for no reason!!

Side note to everyone reemphasizing what I said before: Y’all need to stop pretending Britney doesn’t act very different than she used to. AGAIN. It’s not a reason for a conservatorship, or even for medication. And it’s okay. She’s been through a lot. She’s said herself she needs to work on confidence, etc. but I really wish everyone would stop acting like the perception of her posts shouldn’t be that they are a bit odd. What’s the point of lying to yourselves? 

having said all that. It’s not even necessary for us to comment, assess, theorize about it. She just needs support and a bit of privacy aside from what she wants to share (NOW that the truth is out). But it’s a fact that her posts are a bit odd.

If Britney’s breakdown wasn’t public, if the conservatorship didn’t exist, if the media didn’t tear Britney down, if mental illness or talks of her being “crazy” were never a factor or brought up, would people still perceive her posts as “off”? I think there’s some confirmation bias going on and people are either proactively or subconsciously looking at her posts under the guise of what they’ve been told about Britney and drawing ill informed conclusions. Her posts are more scrutinized than say, Kanye West whom we know has a diagnosed mental illness. This is just a double standard and plain ol’ misogyny. There are far more “off” or bizarre posts that I see daily on social media and no one bats an eye the way do when Britney posts. If her posts aren’t too your liking,doesn’t mean there’s anything “off” about it. 

• Love 1
  • Like 3
18 hours ago, Psammead said:

Who gets their rights taken away because of their social media posts? Her lawyer is perfectly capable of handling that. What's the point of fighting for her freedom if they keep her mentally afraid to step out of line or express herself?

These kinds of cautions seem to come mainly from men. Like the male lawyers who weighed in saying she'd have a hard time getting free because her statement was too "emotional".

What 20 something gets put under a 13 year conservatorship for a rough year or two? 

Last time I checked Britney's case is full of stuff that doesn't make a whole lot of sense. To act like she is completely safe to do as she pleases with her slight freedom at the moment is foolish. As many lawyers have said as this fight goes on, getting out of a conservatorship that has been going on this long isn't an easy process, and with a microscope on all aspects of her life it would be best to be a bit more careful. Social media played a part in the progress that has been made in her case, there is no doubt it could contribute to her downfall as well. 

• Super Mods

Lol wow.

Im a BSB fan but who is he to say what Britney should or should not do?

Britney didnt even like them, she was an NSYNC girl.

He didnt have to comment but he did and he kept rambling on, making her seem bats!!!!!t crazy

The "she should be smart" part annoys me! :nochillbrit_britney_impatient_2008_annoyed_irritated_nope_smh_head_shaking_my_ftr_for_the_record_circus:

I agree with him. I didn't look at the video but I'm going by the header. Britney and I are two different people. I'm not saying Britney doesn't have her serious moments. You're seeing a tiny fragment in a social media post and it SHOULDN'T determine if somebody is off their rocker or not. But there's stuff that I wish she hadn't posted. I have nothing wrong with topless pics but I sure as **** wouldn't want to have any ammo out there that could be used against me. Putting myself in her shoes: There's a lot of stuff I wouldn't post to the point where I'd probably put people to sleep. But if I did have a goofy, gonna show I'm having some fun type of personality...I think I'd just hit the pause button for awhile. I'd post videos every now and again of me plainly saying "I appreciate people caring about my wellbeing and I just want to check in with everybody and let everybody know I'm okay. There's a lot of craziness going on right now and I'm still going through the process of dealing with that. My kids are fine. Sean just started x grade and Jayden's in x grade this year. I can't believe how much they've grown up that my kids are in --- grades!"

Something like that. BUT I would also hope her team of lawyers would caution her if she's posting stuff that she shouldn't.

And I have nothing against the going for the throats posts she's made. She's pissed and nobody could sit there and say they wouldn't be pissed if they were in the exact same boat.

• Love 2