Kacey Musgraves Covers Crack Magazine, Talks About Forthcoming Album

SlayOut

• Super Mods

Y’all. :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

Kacey Musgraves has graced the cover of Crack Magazine (idk ha :idkha_mariah_i_dont_know_her_pink_idk_shake_no:) and spoke about her artistic journey writing and recording her follow up to critically acclaimed Golden Hour.

Kacey-Musgraves-Portrait-Gallery-5.jpg

Some excerpts:

On the album: “…an ambitious record, formatted like a three-part Greek tragedy, that unpacks Musgraves’ experiences with glimmers of sumptuous, Shakespearean melodrama. She turned up to the studio as scheduled, and revealed the record she had inside of her all along, in complete chronological order. Two-and-a-half weeks later, it had been recorded. She compares its creation, and the songs that have made the final cut, to the grieving process: ‘denial, anger, sadness, depression, bargaining, guilt… [I’ve felt] all of those things,’ she says with a soft sigh, looking off camera as she thinks. She reconnected with her own sense of ‘God’ and spirituality too; succumbing to ‘the religion of starting over and trying like hell to see beauty in your pain and then transforming that trauma into something useful’.”

On the production: “Production-wise, the record places bittersweet songs like fados and buoyant pop tracks practically side-by-side; Japanese katos segue into jazz flutes into aggressive vocal processing. The thematic through-line is equally volatile, as humans in the grips of heartbreak tend to be: the tragedy starts with a bruised protagonist and ends with one significantly less so, but the journey to that point is shaped by setbacks and contradictions.

On whether she’ll perform Golden Hour songs: “Time will be a healer. ‘I may have to disassociate a little bit when I’m singing the Golden Hour stuff, but I do think what’s cool about it is that, yes, Golden Hour was written about someone in particular, but the magic and the feelings of that time don’t have to die with that relationship. I’ll find new meaning in those songs.’”

You can read the full cover story here: https://crackmagazine.net/article/profiles/kacey-musgraves/.

Y’all. :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad: I adore Kacey Musgraves and I literally cannot even function thinking about how we’ll be able to listen to this album eventually… :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad: I don’t even deserve a wig anymore. It’s property of Kacey Musgraves and she’s snatched it permanently. :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

Are you excited for Kacey’s next project? Do you have contact with your wigs since they’ve been snatched? Where’d they go?

Discuss. :wontcry_tears_crying_sad:

• Love 6
  • Super Mods
1 hour ago, femmepop said:

I'm very excited for this one!!!

I became a fan of her with Golden Hour and now I'm really into her entire discography.

This new album sounds so promising, I was hoping she'd get even more trippy an experimental with her production. And it sounds like she is :clap1_britney_clapping_chaotic_night_yay_cheer_excited:

I’m so glad another Kacey stan is here! :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad: I started following her at the very beginning of Golden Hour and then fell in love with her previous works as well! I saw her on the Oh, What a World Tour in Los Angeles! :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad: She is a gem and I cannot wait for the slayage we’re about to experience with this new project. :scalped_wind_storm_blowing_sand_dirt_desert_holding_on:

I know my emotional state will not be OK! :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing:

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Korey said:

Yes love her!! I also thought Easy should have been a much bigger hit. 

Same! that was such a cute collab. 

there's just SO much music out there and especially an oversaturation of "indie pop" (or whatever ya wanna call that genre) that things just get lost in the mix immediately.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block