Without their consent, Blackground Records is making old JoJo, Aaliyah and Toni Braxton albums available for streaming

6 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Jojo had no major label backing, also she's no musician unlike Taylor swift sadly. 

That’s not a nice comment. Calling her a non musician.

you mean she’s not a business woman like Taylor. Which has nothing to do not being a musician. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, limezd said:

Good thing about Toni is that they only owe that one album. There was no hits on it except Please. And she still performs that live sometimes. It was a good album tho. She should have never listened to Barry feed her lies and to leave her label. 

Poor Toni seems to have had nothing but legal issues with most of the labels she’s been signed to. 

On 8/5/2021 at 12:50 PM, boyinthemirror said:

JoJo confirmed she won’t be making money off of this so I bet none of the others will either: 

This moment was long awaited for many of us but they managed to ruin it. I’m really not excited at all. They all deserved better, at least the decency to be notified that this was going to happen. So rude imo. So stream and buy if you want but know this!

A class act and response. Wish Taylor was like this instead of making people feel like **** for streaming music she made millions off of and now wanting even more millions for her re-recordings. Love Jojo 

• Love 2

I don't think there's such thing as 'consent' when it comes to music.  The labels own the music unless the artist is independent, and streaming platforms license the catalogs.

As Jojo said she doesn't care, and just stream her re-recorded versions if you want to support her.

12 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

Its about time!

I bet that they got backlash from online.

And wow the Aaliyah album will debut on my bday! Cool!

I cant wait to hear her music on there and even Jojo but then

again, she already re-recorded her first 2 albums.

Princess Mimi I am releasing a documentary on this very topic on ur bday that I’ve been working on for a year!!! Will u watch (yes I’m desperate for promo)

• Like 1
3 hours ago, OneLife said:

But how can they upload songs to her account without her or her current label's approval?

Especially since she earns nothing for it... 

Doesn't matter. She signed a contract, they OWN those masters and albums. They have every right to put it on Spotify, etc. and it will obviously go on her artist spotify. They do not need some new labels approval.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block