Without their consent, Blackground Records is making old JoJo, Aaliyah and Toni Braxton albums available for streaming

@Rik

@ohoney

@Malibu.D.Luxx

@Jordan Miller

The launch of blackground records 2.0, guess what's coming to platforms. 

The original jojo albums, that jojo was unsuccessful in getting, libra by Toni Braxton and the highly sought aaliyah albums that her own uncle basically held hostage. 

I don't know how to feel, the estate of Aaliyah, revealed they will not be making any profits or royalties off this strategic move, so stream the new versions by jojo as I'm sure she won't be making a dime at all from this shady stunt. 

@boyinthemirror

• Love 3

JoJo confirmed she won’t be making money off of this so I bet none of the others will either: 

This moment was long awaited for many of us but they managed to ruin it. I’m really not excited at all. They all deserved better, at least the decency to be notified that this was going to happen. So rude imo. So stream and buy if you want but know this!

• Love 3
15 hours ago, boyinthemirror said:

JoJo confirmed she won’t be making money off of this so I bet none of the others will either: 

This moment was long awaited for many of us but they managed to ruin it. I’m really not excited at all. They all deserved better, at least the decency to be notified that this was going to happen. So rude imo. So stream and buy if you want but know this!

Yikes. I tried listening to the rerecorded Leave (Get Out) and it wasn’t that great to me though. Even Aaliyah’s estate released a statement saying they don’t fully support this.

Blackground are a terrible label. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Isla said:

Yikes. I tried listening to the rerecorded Leave (Get Out) and it wasn’t that great to me though. Even Aaliyah’s estate released a statement saying they don’t fully support this.

Blackground are a terrible label. 

So is the estate however. It’s very complex but it’s very much a family issue. None of them have handled this properly in 15 years.

• Like 2
19 hours ago, boyinthemirror said:

Barry makes me sick🤢! Ugh! SMDH

22 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

@Rik

@ohoney

@Malibu.D.Luxx

@Jordan Miller

The launch of blackground records 2.0, guess what's coming to platforms. 

The original jojo albums, that jojo was unsuccessful in getting, libra by Toni Braxton and the highly sought aaliyah albums that her own uncle basically held hostage. 

I don't know how to feel, the estate of Aaliyah, revealed they will not be making any profits or royalties off this strategic move, so stream the new versions by jojo as I'm sure she won't be making a dime at all from this shady stunt. 

@boyinthemirror

1 hour ago, gapeach704 said:

Why would her own uncle do this to her and her family? Just terrible 

29 minutes ago, Yolo_92swag said:

Beautiful Lie and Feel So Alive were my favorites on that album! 

41 minutes ago, JoJo Online said:

Barry makes me sick🤢! Ugh! SMDH

Hey guys! I’m making an hour documentary on all of this that has been in production for over a year. I would really appreciate it if you could check it out on the 14th! I also made a free Britney documentary about exhale thats out now 

• Love 1

@Jordan Miller

Hey Jordan! I’m doing a documentary on Aaliyah which shows a retelling of her life and also again, includes interviews from a variety of people who grew up listening to her music. I’d like to also explain the impact of having no songs on streaming services available on her legacy and show a divide between new music listeners who don’t know her music, and those who grew up with it
I also get into a. Drake album that never happened and where the masters were sold to. This is all in time for the 20th anniversary of her death. I’d like to premiere it on august 24TH. 
would you be willing to help me promote it on your socials on august 19TH/20th 

5 minutes ago, Rik said:

Hey guys! I’m making an hour documentary on all of this that has been in production for over a year. I would really appreciate it if you could check it out on the 14th! I also made a free Britney documentary about exhale thats out now 

And who are you? :wyd_wtf_meme_hand_umm_wth_what_the_hell:

JUST KIDDING! Of course! Can't wait to check it out! :yay_britney_excited_ftr_for_the_record_2008_cheering_clapping:

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block