Miley Cyrus speaks up about D*b*b* controversy

So Miley had an unconventional approach to this whole D*b*b* situation.

I personally love where her heart is with this and I believe she is very well intended and doing great for trying to be "the bigger person" and trying to educate. Although I'm afraid some people, like him, are just not willing to learn and grow outside their own pride and prejudice... ultimately this will blast on Miley's face.

What are your thoughts?

The problem isn't cancel culture, Miley. These aren't some innocent comments he made as a teenager. This is a 29-year-old man who has already shown that he doesn't want to learn. Plus, let's not forget that he's been involved in actual violence too. I agree that we need to be much more redemptive than punitive, but I don't think it applies to DaBaby. Not for now at least. :gunney:

• Love 2

only rich people have issues with cancel culture. why did he have to say that crap? now every celeb is just gonna say sorry on tv and be forgiven? not as easy as a simple conversation. this issue goes farther than homophobia in rap and music in general. I for one am happy he got what he deserved.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Britney671 said:

only rich people have issues with cancel culture. why did he have to say that crap? now every celeb is just gonna say sorry on tv and be forgiven? not as easy as a simple conversation. this issue goes farther than homophobia in rap and music in general. I for one am happy he got what he deserved.

Don't get me wrong. I agree with you - he absolutely got what he deserved. Would be a travesty to see festivals still endorsing him as a headliner after everything. :tired_so_there_head_tilt_annoyed_see_rose_mcgowan:
What I think Miley was trying to preach is basically anyone's right's to redemption and grow their way of thinking and behaving (i hardly believe her point was to say that he doesn't deserve being called out and getting dropped of work gigs). Either way I clap at Miley for having the will to try and speak with such of a close minded person, I know i couldn't.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, phinyls said:

Don't get me wrong. I agree with you - he absolutely got what he deserved. Would be a travesty to see festivals still endorsing him as a headliner after everything. :tired_so_there_head_tilt_annoyed_see_rose_mcgowan:
What I think Miley was trying to preach is basically anyone's right's to redemption and grow their way of thinking and behaving (i hardly believe her point was to say that he doesn't deserve being called out and getting dropped of work gigs). Either way I clap at Miley for having the will to try and speak with such of a close minded person, I know i couldn't.

I would have understood her feelings towards healing and redemption through growth, however, I have no respect for his comments about AIDS. I do wish healing for him through Miley.

• Love 2

I already spoke about this in the main DaBaby thread but I'm actually okay with this response. She wants to educate him on LGBTQ+ rights and help him become a better person. I don't see what's so bad about that. What he said was absolutely disgusting but hopefully he can learn from this. 

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block