Dababy Canceled but not Jbiebz ?

Question for the somewhat girls of Exhale :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

As a gay - I don’t get why we don’t give DaBaby a second chance when everyone gave Justin Bieber one for using the N word in the tune of one of his songs and vile racist jokes. (Trigger warning, video of what I’m talking about but the N word is censored)

It seems kind of pick-y and choose-y to me. :tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red: Especially since people are accusing of Dababy not writing his apology while at the same time Usher did all the apologies for Justin.

I hate what Dababy said but like everyone I think he should be given a 2nd chance. If he does it again then see ya later :gagacrash_driving_run_hit_lady_sunglasses:

what are your thoughts?

• Like 1

Back then (pre-PC culture era), you could get away with things more easily and by the time that video had leaked, his star power was massively insane.  DaBaby is/was a nobody compared to JB’s level of fame. For that reason alone, people were willing to forgive him more easily. Not to mention, he was a heartthrob. DaBaby’s career on the other hand, DEPENDS on the general public. He doesn’t nor did he have the platform that JB had.

• Haha 1
53 minutes ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

Back then (pre-PC culture era), you could get away with things more easily and by the time that video had leaked, his star power was massively insane.  DaBaby is/was a nobody compared to JB’s level of fame. For that reason alone, people were willing to forgive him more easily. Not to mention, he was a heartthrob. DaBaby’s career on the other hand, DEPENDS on the general public. He doesn’t nor did he have the platform that JB had.

Let’s face it, Justin Bieber is white and probably that’s why he’s not canceled by now. Plus, he’s become such an industry plant recently that no one give a flying F about what he say or does. Please, those multiple 1’s could mean anything. :gunney:

I think DaBaby was wrong for his behavior but because he is black, everyone is hopping on the bandwagon. :gunney:

ALSO IM DRUNCK AND I NEED DABABY RN :gunney: crucify me exhale :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

• Love 2

JB got away with it because it happened in pre-woke times. Same with CB beating Rihanna. It's not right, but the GP has pretty much forgotten about those incidents, and JB's and CB's stans have hundreds of excuses for their faves' behavior.

Also what makes the DaBaby situation different in my view is that he didn't seem genuinely apologetic when he first commented on the backlash he received. It wasn't until like a week later that he issued an apology that at least seemed sincere after being pressured into doing so.

On 8/4/2021 at 12:25 PM, Style. said:

Let’s face it, Justin Bieber is white and probably that’s why he’s not canceled by now. Plus, he’s become such an industry plant recently that no one give a flying F about what he say or does. Please, those multiple 1’s could mean anything. :gunney:

I think DaBaby was wrong for his behavior but because he is black, everyone is hopping on the bandwagon. :gunney:

ALSO IM DRUNCK AND I NEED DABABY RN :gunney: crucify me exhale :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

JB was a very good looking, young white male living in the heart of LA and had that to his advantage, sure. I don’t think race has anything to do with this recent situation however because even if DaBaby was an up-and-coming (which he was) White, Latino, or Asian, etc., he would still be cancelled. His comments about both the LGBTQ community and females were both extremely insensitive and represented toxic masculinity. In today’s landscape, it’s essentially career suicide. Also JB wasn’t aware of Morgan’s past as he issued an apology shortly after but ofc leave it to a bunch of snowflakes to find any way to be offended.

Not to mention that most straights and/or locals couldn’t care less about the controversy surrounding DaBaby and I bet you they are still willing to give him a platform, however in PC and corporate culture, he’s considered ‘cancelled’

• Super Mods
On 8/4/2021 at 12:43 PM, Style. said:

Can we make @MikeHuntgood for a weekend? We can do fry eggs on his V  :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

On 8/4/2021 at 12:52 PM, Malibu.D.Luxx said:

Say Yes Please GIF by Jake Martella

Here for this public display of thirst! :rihclap_rihanna_clapping_applause_yes_yas: Restoring Exhale to its initial purpose and promise! :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

O/T: I have nothing to contribute. Solely here for thirst! :byetina_xtina_Christina_aguilera_pink_leave_bye_walk_leave_carpet_cheetah_hat:

• Haha 2

DaToddler is a grown *** man, JB was a kid…

It’s so easy to tell Bieber is not racist, despite that awful sh!+ he said. Usher loves him to death and he’s all about black culture and elevating it any time he can, would he allow a racist in his circle? :waitwhat_britney_lights_out_scared_um_confused_what:

Now, homophobes in the black entertainment industry is a big deal, and I hope DaToddler will be the first of many to get this kind of attention. Black trans people’s life span is ridiculously slow (guess why), black queer people live even in more fear than white queer people. So much hatred and intolerance.

And what Eminem? he used the F*g word the last time in a song in 2018.

But the DaBaby thing is very very worst than a word. He was talking too much crap and ignorant things about the gays especific and also to the hiv persons.

There are people with hiv that are not gay, and there are people in the present that died because they dont know that have the virus. Is disrespectful as **** for this persons.

And the "Fellas, if you ain't sucking **** in the parking lot, put a cellphone light in the air." Im going to suck all the d*cks in a parking lot that i want.

Her comments they would not have been accepted in the 80's or 90's either, its 2021 and he was in a Festival, a place with young people and a place to partiyng.

Also her sorry was a mess and ignorant too. 

Oh finally he sure are take ***** and have s** with a lot of woman, and he talk about "junkies".

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block