Billboard casually admits their charts are whack: "No. 2 debuts are basically the new No. 1 debuts"

The BTS stans have setup PayPal, Venmo, cashapp accounts for donations and use VPNs to allow multiple purchases. Butter isn’t even in the top 40 of the Streaming Songs Chart and has the lowest score on US Radio. Billboard needs to revamp their entire system again because the obsessed stans are delegitimizing their charts. Here's how BTS used money laundering tactics to stay on top of the Hot 100

• Like 1
On 8/4/2021 at 5:13 AM, Blackout2006 said:

So they do admit to fraudulence? Utterly shameless :tiffcackle_Tiffany_miss_ny_New_York_pollard_laugh_giggle_lol_haha_hehe: Congrats to THE REAL AND ORGANIC hits such as 'Good 4 U' and 'Industry Baby' that have TRULY defined our summer with quality songs :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

Good 4 U is a hit. Industry Baby's video is the only reason people are talking about it but the GP generally doesn't know/care even about that compared to Montero's video reaction

• Like 1

I'm just gonna leave this here (that spelling mistake tho). I would agree with billboard and support them if they actually truly cared. but as always, issues only ever arise when it's a non white person dominating the charts, using the loopholes they themselves created to their advantage. well, not them but the fandom. how about changing things then if they have such an issue with it.

https://medium.com/revolutionmagazine/organic-vs-inorganic-music-business-and-chart-manipulations-eb1c4c32628b

Spoiler

The naysayers use the argument that fans “mass buying” a song is cheating but why doesn’t anyone ask the reason behind why fans are doing so? Sales have the highest weightage for the chart calculation and BTS ARMY has found out the perfect way to combat the radio and streaming platform playlisting tactics. BTS ARMY aren’t manipulating the charts, they’re using the same tactics available to all fans that no one had issues with until an underdog Asian artist started topping the chart! In fact many fanbases for western artists have started trying to utilize ARMY buying tactics, to various levels of success.

BTS shouldn’t be the ones getting the backlash about decades old US chart flaws and loopholes when they’ve been least favoured and always gatekept by the said charting system unlike the industry sweethearts. Labeling BTS topping charts as “inorganic” when they are among only 11 artists in the world to Sell Out Wembley stadium, occupying 60% worldwide music charts as of 2020, and topping charts in multiple languages and recently generated 1.33M paid viewers for their online show “BTS Muster 2021”. There’s no denying BTS ‘success in 2021 when they’ve truly conquered the music world, breaking decades old records at such a young age. To do so reveals the ingnorance and predjudice of the critic.

On 8/4/2021 at 9:18 AM, I Always Sing Live said:

I mean, we been knew... I don't know how this mass buying problem could be solved, though. Perhaps one purchase per IP address would be the way to go. And streaming services should base streams on unique listeners per hour, not streams in general. :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

That wouldn't work. I live in a big family and for example even my parents sometimes buy the same songs. 1 song per IP address is stopping everyone in that home but one from buying the song. That would not work.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block