Billboard casually admits their charts are whack: "No. 2 debuts are basically the new No. 1 debuts"

Stares at Billboard  in

Ray of light By Madonna 

Blackout by Britney spears 

Damita Jo by Janet 

20 Y.0. By Janet

Rebel heart by Madonna 

That's the Billboard 200 

Stares at the hot 100 as

Material girl by Madonna 

Express yourself by Madonna 

Causing a Commotion by Madonna 

Cherish by Madonna 

All that she wants by Ace of Base (seriously was number two for like two months, the massive radio airplay and that damn hero by Mariah Carey prevented the swedish act for having a massive number one debut single, but stares at hero as a double platinum single which was hard to get back then in physical form).

Frozen By Madonna 

Me! By Taylor swift 

You need to calm down by Taylor swift..

Lots of number twos that was blocked by massive divas (Lil' Nas X is included In this Since that queen did block Taylor from two potential number one debuts 

• Love 1
  • Like 3
1 minute ago, IForgotYouExisted said:

I don't get it. Just HOW RICH ARE BTS FANS LOL? They keep buying the song...I'd be loooong broke lmao.

I think it's more so streams and different ways to trick the system into counting them. It feels like with streaming, Billboard is the new TRL. No legitimate impact just hardcore fandoms. I only listen to two large pop radio stations in LA and I've only head BTS play on a top 8 or top 9 @9Pm fan requested countdown. But good on the BTS fans, without general support they are keeping their faves on top.

• Like 4
  • Content Curators
4 minutes ago, MikeHunt said:

I think it's more so streams and different ways to trick the system into counting them. It feels like with streaming, Billboard is the new TRL. No legitimate impact just hardcore fandoms. I only listen to two large pop radio stations in LA and I've only head BTS play on a top 8 or top 9 @9Pm fan requested countdown. But good on the BTS fans, without general support they are keeping their faves on top.

It is truly them being rich. They just keep buying the song every week to keep it at #1.

Grammy Awards and Billboard #1 ain’t relevant anymore. We saw so many hits with a massive success staying at #2 and a lot of acts reaching this position as if by magic. I TOLD YOU!

People is brainwashed with payola and fake streamings to made them believe some mediocre tunes are hits.

”Blackout” was number one and we already know it.

• Love 4
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

Lil Nas X's new song "Industry Baby" debuted at #2. Which according to Billboard is the new #1 :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

Not them low-key knowing BTS stans allegedly will stop at nothing to keep them at #1 (not saying they're using bots, but I'm not not saying that either) :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

They totally use Payola to get on the radio. The GP liked Dynamite, it was pretty catchy. Butter is not Dynamite. I know people are going to fight me on this but the GP doesn't really know Butter all that well. I think I read it just cracked into the top 10 on pop airplay radio, meaning all these previous weeks at #1 were NOT because of GP knowing the song from the radio. That can be backed up by their streaming figures. Butter is not even in the top 50 on Spotify streams in the US, yet it is number 1 on the Hot 100? ********. Their sales are purely their stans buying the 0.69 digital singles. Go over to Hits Daily Double and it tells you the same story. Their streams are WAY below anyone else in the top 20, while their digital sales are WAY higher. Their stans know pure sales will keep them on top. 

But hey they put in the leg work to get to cult status so good on them. I used to really like BTS until they became as boring as vanilla wafers. 

• Love 3
  • Like 1

Well, BB have always been manipulative but the problem with these days I see is mass buying earlier even if you don't like the song or the album it was reached the GP, I remember Katy Perry's Teenage Dream which was literally everywhere you just couldn't escape it same for GaGa debut those times. 

BTS songs are not reaching the GP and that's the problem, I am happy they are ruling the charts but most GP don't even know the band earlier it wasn't the case like this. 

Also, I remember Blackout being at No 2 with selling more than 200k+ units in the first week due to the lat minute change, I mean just imagine an album like Blackout which has been credited as one of the best albums of the decade in pop and not going to No 1 so charts are very irrelevant now + they are only an accolade for the artist when they are introduced for some awards and that's it. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, MikeHunt said:

That is the thing though, it is performing horribly on streaming platforms :orangu_orangutan_ape: It is the website sales these stans are hogging up to keep the song stable. We saw the way it fell to #7 when they started focusing on making PTD a #1 song.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Prachi said:

So, you can buy one time from iTunes and then the website also? 

Fans can also gift songs to people from itunes, whether it's redeemed or not. 

If that person bought it for 12 or 25 people, it's all legal, but Billboard had a problem with bundles but they won't change the practice on gifting Music to fans regardless if it was wanted or not..

@Blackout2006

@MikeHunt

@I Always Sing Live

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Fans can also gift songs to people from itunes, whether it's redeemed or not. 

If that person bought it for 12 or 25 people, it's all legal, but Billboard had a problem with bundles but they won't change the practice on gifting Music to fans regardless if it was wanted or not..

@Blackout2006

@MikeHunt

@I Always Sing Live

But gifting is not considered sale? I thought you can buy the song once, need some explanation how fans can buy 12-13 times?

7 minutes ago, Prachi said:

But gifting is not considered sale? I thought you can buy the song once, need some explanation how fans can buy 12-13 times?

Oh sweetie, there's a lot you don't know, all that have to do is send it to a friends e mail to redeem, and it doesn't matter the track was legally purchased. 

You should deep research a lot, Mariah Carey 's 19 number one singles several of them are considered fraud and very much payola. 

A lot of then under performed but Sony dropped prices and instant number one. Or matched any UPC to a Mariah Carey single by any sony act, to match her single in the neilsen database.  

You should research, Billboard is shady as hell for allowing what's not so secret agendas. 

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Oh sweetie, there's a lot you don't know, all that have to do is send it to a friends e mail to redeem, and it doesn't matter the track was legally purchased. 

You should deep research a lot, Mariah Carey 's 19 number one singles several of them are considered fraud and very much payola. 

A lot of then under performed but Sony dropped prices and instant number one. Or matched any UPC to a Mariah Carey single by any sony act, to match her single in the neilsen database.  

You should research, Billboard is shady as hell for allowing what's not so secret agendas. 

OMG, where can I read all this so you are saying fans are this free to gift a song to a lot of people to boost sales? Mariah 19 no1s is also like that?

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block