The Problem With Britney Spears And The Grammys

1 minute ago, Spicechinodiva said:

She lost to singer songwriters, a vocalist, and won what some Britney fans dub a production category more than Britney as an artist, so most dismiss that Grammy win. 

completely agreed, I feel at one point she wanted to win grammys I feel she was not robbed in the beginning especially with Christina as a new artist. 

But TTWE and Self titled one deserved big time where she was snubbed that's why she just stopped attending the shows altogether. 

Slave 4 U I feel also needed a win for the dance recording! 

And Blackout, don't get me started also. 

• Like 2

grammys become so irrelevant when you are among the most recognized pop stars in the world - i feel like there comes a time and there's a certain magnitude that some people reach that the stereotypical "awards" and "recognitions" just fall short and are not really important.

britney spears is in a different category than most artist; she's just in a different universe. she's on a level that she is changing laws for the second time. her concerts get countrys' elections moved. 

im sure jeff bezos does not have an "entrepreneur award" or whatever other similar category / award exists in that world and his credentials are probably not very impressive - oh, but did he change the world.

some extraordinary people are above such simple things... same with elon musk for example - a simple tweet by him can devaluate or appraise a currency or create / destroy a company... yet does he have any awards / recognitions?

these aren't players - these are leaders. awards are for players.

• Love 1

I love Britney TO DEATH but lets admit her biggest weakness is singing live. It's not like Im expecting her to do a full live concert but if at least she put the same effort in delivering actual LIVE performances from time to time and keep training her singing abilities as she put in making great choreographies, her whole brand would have been different. 

I feel like at some point her label and Britney as well gave up on the singing side of her and focused 90% on the dancing side. Had she continued evolving as an artist after Blackout maybe she would be a different artist by now. But, we will never know :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

*edit: stop saying grammys can kiss Britney's *** cause as soon as she ever gets to be nominated or win another trophy we all will brag about it as much as we can. Yes, grammys are all about prestige and they definitely dont dictate how talented someone is but a grammy is a grammy. :nyschool_new_york_miss_tiffany_pollard_preaching_telling_talking_hand:

• Love 2