Why hasn't Arnold Schwarzenegger spoken up about #FREEBRITNEY?

As the Former Governor of California, you would expect him to say something? 

Or are you getting tired of seeing these "Why hasn't X spoken up?" posts. X could literally be any relevant celebrity. 

Is it the responsibility of celebrities to speak out? Or do they have the right to mind their own business/stay neutral? 

Thoughts? 

• Like 2
  • Super Mods

Someone asked this same question about Demi Lovato so I’m going to generalize my repose to that post by saying:

Do we want celebrities/high profile individuals to speak out because it somehow will benefit Britney or because us as fans want to see the acknowledgment for our own gain?

It’s one thing if someone were to speak out and specifically address how Britney’s conservatorship impacted the personal or working relationship with Britney. But if all they do is post a pic of them or of Brit and say “#FreeBritney!”, then I don’t really see how that helps.

Like I don’t think celebs hopping on a bandwagon by posting #FreeBritney (and nothing else!) does much of anything except to feed some stan’s desire to see them acknowledge Britney’s situation.

• Like 7
11 minutes ago, SlayOut said:

Someone asked this same question about Demi Lovato so I’m going to generalize my repose to that post by saying:

Do we want celebrities/high profile individuals to speak out because it somehow will benefit Britney or because us as fans want to see the acknowledgment for our own gain?

It’s one thing if someone were to speak out and specifically address how Britney’s conservatorship impacted the personal or working relationship with Britney. But if all they do is post a pic of them or of Brit and say “#FreeBritney!”, then I don’t really see how that helps.

Like I don’t think celebs hopping on a bandwagon by posting #FreeBritney (and nothing else!) does much of anything except to feed some stan’s desire to see them acknowledge Britney’s situation.

Completely agree. There are so many posts like this now. It could be an endless discussion. 

Fans making demands for celebrities to jump on that bandwagon is really counter-productive, imo, people just start to get desensitised and even get annoyed hearing the same thing over, and over, and over, everywhere they go. 

• Love 1

Movement have become too global now, everybody is interested and this is not just fans I am talking about - her every IG post is a news now people are supporting her so I really don't think at this point celebrates speaking up will make any sense of course it's a good sign but now Britney news is too global. 

• Love 2

Bc he is not aware. Idk. We can assume anything about any celebrity or former governor or even Hilary Clinton. Did she speak up? At this point it is important that her new lawyer do his job and court act in Britneys best interest. Celebs talking won't make her free infortunately even if it will make more noize about situation as a whole.

I prefer noting ppl who did speak up and thank them other than calling out the ones who did not. 

I mean her own family said nothing for years that do u expect from the strangers..

This might sound controversial, but posting '#FreeBritney' achieves nothing at this point. We achieved what we set out to achieve with the hashtag, and that's general awareness. 

What we need now is for people to come forward to provide evidence and witness statements so that the court can see the extent of the abuse that's occurred over the past 13 years.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, SlayOut said:

“Fans own gain”?

Britney is the only one being directly  benefited by people saying freebritney, when she’s happy we’re happy.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, SlayOut said:

Well they should speak out because it is so extreme and involve a colleague of theirs, it is in their own field of work. Same country, same state. And yes, all support benefits Britney.

27 minutes ago, MARKUS said:

Why hasn't my moms causin who works with my aunts mother with my brothers son whos in a relashionship with obama who hates jessica who called me a feak the other night hasnt spoke about free britney? :xcuseme_mad_say_what_hmm_confused:

boy that was a ride

Spoiler

Very Funny Joke GIF

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, cillaward said:

This might sound controversial, but posting '#FreeBritney' achieves nothing at this point. We achieved what we set out to achieve with the hashtag, and that's general awareness. 

What we need now is for people to come forward to provide evidence and witness statements so that the court can see the extent of the abuse that's occurred over the past 13 years.

I think you are wrong because even the lawyers on both sides think it is hugely important to win over the GP through the media. So yes, it matters when high profile celebrities speak up. It is just that it is mostly so weak when they do it. They should join the rallies, they should actually campaign for her.

Has he spoken on ANYTHING in the past 10 years, though? I'm from California and can't recall the last time I saw him speak or make a public appearance. He seems to have went completely M.I.A after being replaced as governor. Governors have hundreds if not thousands of issues on their plate to consider addressing and the legality of conservatorships was more than likely not at the top of his mind. Honestly, I'd be shocked if it's ever been on his mind at all.