Matt Damon says his daughter told him to stop using the term *****t

First Dababy, now Academy award winner Matt Damon, is getting cancelled..

During promotion of his latest film "Stillwater",  which itself is causing controversy as Amanda Knox has called the film a little too similar of what she went throug.

He admitted it was just 6 months ago he stopped using the Anti gay slur, after his daughter told him to stop, well that's not good enough, he's being cancelled after his lame statement saying back in my day and the 19th century it meant something completely different, that didn't help, it made it worse, and this is an actor who has played Gay men in several of his films and of course the first primetime show to have openly gay characters as the main character throughout the series Will & Grace, so knowing he was using that word while doing these roles and an important show that helped up get into mainstream acceptance has been used against him in the cancel process.

Nice knowing ya, Matt, you should have kept your mouth shut, cos it's all about the years you've used that word is the problem..not that you stopped using that word..

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, itsxrichiexbish said:

Okay so I’m not offended by this at all... I mean it depends on context if you ask me. If he is saying it in a hateful way then that’s understandable; but if he is just joking then f it... but whatever, y’all get offended by some words... this is just my opinion and on the matter. No need to get offended more lol

I agree that it depends on context, IF you’re gay. He has no business calling anyone that word as a straight man. Me and my bf jokingly call each other it all the time but obviously we are gay. To me it’s kind of like taking it back from people that use it as a slur. However, I couldn’t care less and aren’t offended. He just looks like an idiot.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, itsxrichiexbish said:

Okay so I’m not offended by this at all... I mean it depends on context if you ask me. If he is saying it in a hateful way then that’s understandable; but if he is just joking then f it... but whatever, y’all get offended by some words... this is just my opinion and on the matter. No need to get offended more lol

So you're using the Morgan Wallen explanation? When he said the N word, it was just around friends and they were "kidding around". So everyone can stop being offended. How can any heterose/xual person use the word f/aggot without it having hateful intent?  :ririshade1_rihanna_annoyed_window_bye_irritated_mad_black:

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Most people who say that don't mean it as an insult to gay people anyway.

It's just like people calling others "autistic" online or "********". It's just words that are used to generically offend without too much thought about the actual meaning of the word. 

We should move past these slurs but some people still use them to offend and don't actually even hate on gays, autistic people etc. They're just being superficial and immature using these words.

He should have shut up, especially in this time of people being offended about anything. I could understand "cancelling" someone who uses a slur and actually harbours hate towards a category of people but most of the time it's just someone who is being stupid. 

Like a white kid who grows up listening to rap and repeating the N word because that's what he hears on these songs. Clearly he is not using the term to hate but just because he perceives it as cool slang. People should be able to use their brains and understand when someone is being actually racist or not. 

• Love 3
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, MikeHunt said:

So you're using the Morgan Wallen explanation? When he said the N word, it was just around friends and they were "kidding around". So everyone can stop being offended. How can any heterose/xual person use the word f/aggot without it having hateful intent?  :ririshade1_rihanna_annoyed_window_bye_irritated_mad_black:

I've seen people saying that to people who are clearly not gay. It's just a way to offend. There's no actual hate towards a gay person. I don't know how to explain it to you... They don't use it to offend gays but as a generic insult. It's stupid but that's how many people use that word.

I personally find all swearing tacky but some people are like that and use slurs without any agenda. 

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, itsxrichiexbish said:

He’s not gay so…. @MattDamon @itsxrichiexbish

I have something to say to u……. :thelook_pissed_mad_judging_bow_blue_cheerleader_judging:

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Glittilicious said:

I've seen people saying that to people who are clearly not gay. It's just a way to offend. There's no actual hate towards a gay person. I don't know how to explain it to you... They don't use it to offend gays but as a generic insult. It's stupid but that's how many people use that word.

I personally find all swearing tacky but some people are like that and use slurs without any agenda. 

The way you're describing this is like when people say "that's so gay". It's not directed towards a gay person in a homophobic way. Its meant as something bad. But that still doesnt make it right. Straight people using any homophobic slurs, regardless of peoples made up intents is just wrong. 

• Love 1

I just think we should move past being so sensitive about things. I understand the backlash, I get it. He really sounds like an idiot for his story telling to be honest. But it doesn’t effect me in any way, and I just feel like he chose to be ignorant. I just don’t let things like that effect my life. Matt Damon or his opinion effects me In no way. I don’t even think I’ve ever spent any money on any thing with Matt Damon in it. At least his daughter is more progressive than he is. And that’s really all that matters at the end of the day. Eventually racism and hatred will die out. And coverage like this only keeps it alive that much longer. Love the Hilary duff vid 🥰

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, MikeHunt said:

Oh and I can’t believe people got offended from this guy.. like this is how a lot of people talk... anybody who hasn’t grown up in mansions or not prudes know this..: I think the only ppl to get offended by this were Karen’s who weren’t really black and turned it into a thing.. ridiculous ... same thing with the whole Olivia rodrigo and her “blaccent” people are just trying to be offend these days. Pretty soon every article or ad is gonna be like the McDonald’s fries with the “hot” warning. Every thing is going to have a warning label. Is that the kind of world you want?

• Love 2

It's all about the origins of the slur. Calling someone a "ret%rd" or a "n%gg$r" or a "fagg@t" is insulting because a special needs person, a black person and a gay person have all been seen as "less than" or undesirable or something that others did not want to be or be associated with. Things become insults because people don't like those things.

If my dad says these things, it's ****/y. But he's never left my rinky dink hometown. Matt Damon has been exposed to this great big world and should have known better long ago. I'm not pressed. I'll still watch his movies,  but I'll think less of him as a person.

• Love 2
  • Like 2
20 minutes ago, J R said:

It's all about the origins of the slur. Calling someone a "ret%rd" or a "n%gg$r" or a "fagg@t" is insulting because a special needs person, a black person and a gay person have all been seen as "less than" or undesirable or something that others did not want to be or be associated with. Things become insults because people don't like those things.

If my dad says these things, it's ****/y. But he's never left my rinky dink hometown. Matt Damon has been exposed to this great big world and should have known better long ago. I'm not pressed. I'll still watch his movies,  but I'll think less of him as a person.

Apparently they saying you can't take him and his way Boston way out of thinking out of him, so apparently Boston and Massachusetts is very homophobic in general.

Not surprised at all a 50 year old dude from Boston would use that word. I can only imagine how common it was in use when he was in highschool.

Surprised it took his own daughter calling him out in the year 2021  about using that slur in private for him to stop using it in private. Good for her.

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block