Matt Damon says his daughter told him to stop using the term *****t

5 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

and of course the first primetime show to have openly gay characters as the main character throughout the series Will & Grace, so knowing he was using that word while doing these roles and an important show that helped up get into mainstream acceptance

Will & Grace show used that word a lot :nysassy_miss_ny_ms_new_york_tiffany_pollard_cigarette_smoke_nod:

45 minutes ago, J R said:

It's all about the origins of the slur. Calling someone a "ret%rd" or a "n%gg$r" or a "fagg@t" is insulting because a special needs person, a black person and a gay person have all been seen as "less than" or undesirable or something that others did not want to be or be associated with. Things become insults because people don't like those things.

If my dad says these things, it's ****/y. But he's never left my rinky dink hometown. Matt Damon has been exposed to this great big world and should have known better long ago. I'm not pressed. I'll still watch his movies,  but I'll think less of him as a person.

And he even ****ed Michael Douglas.

It’s sad that he’s getting backlash for trying to start a dialogue and be humble and honest about that he needed to change. What world do we live in? Isn’t this what we want? People to be comfortable with admitting they were wrong and learn new Habits and ways of thinking? Or are we expected to never make a mistake and just be born being politically correct? 

Matt Damon admitted he was wrong and changed a behaviour. Wow. This should not even be news.  

• Love 3
5 hours ago, itsxrichiexbish said:

Pretty soon every article or ad is gonna be like the McDonald’s fries with the “hot” warning

it was the mcdonalds hot drinks and not a good example. it was implemented after an elderly lady burned herself so bad with a drink that she had to get skin grafts... and then mcdonalds refused to pay for her medical expenses so when it went to court instead of acknowledging how they were wrong they created a smear campaign mocking the lady

• Love 1
1 hour ago, lili_ballet said:

it was the mcdonalds hot drinks and not a good example. it was implemented after an elderly lady burned herself so bad with a drink that she had to get skin grafts... and then mcdonalds refused to pay for her medical expenses so when it went to court instead of acknowledging how they were wrong they created a smear campaign mocking the lady

Ur kinda missing the point lol but okay

Oh my god. No one is getting canceled LOL Big Brother Reaction GIF by MOODMAN "He said ****t, cancel him, off with his head" some of ya'll are ridiculous. The issue lies more with anyone insulted by the word than the actually person who said it, because OBVIOUSLY it wasn't said in the context of hate. Matt Damon is in freaking Hollywood, 95% of people are bi or gay or just very free spirited. The fact that he says he just got schooled on it now though, is kind of like, dude, what? Where have you been? But other than that, I am not judging him for having an honest moment. I am applauding him. But of course the insecure Queens feel insulted, because they cant miss a chance acting like a privileged Karen. Oh, I myself am gay, so I can have an opinion too Tea Smh GIF by MOODMAN

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, Poutsos said:

Oh my god. No one is getting canceled LOL Big Brother Reaction GIF by MOODMAN "He said ****t, cancel him, off with his head" some of ya'll are ridiculous. The issue lies more with anyone insulted by the word than the actually person who said it, because OBVIOUSLY it wasn't said in the context of hate. Matt Damon is in freaking Hollywood, 95% of people are bi or gay or just very free spirited. The fact that he says he just got schooled on it now though, is kind of like, dude, what? Where have you been? But other than that, I am not judging him for having an honest moment. I am applauding him. But of course the insecure Queens feel insulted, because they cant miss a chance acting like a privileged Karen. Oh, I myself am gay, so I can have an opinion too Tea Smh GIF by MOODMAN

Well it's 2021, all it takes is one **** up, and your immediately cancelled, that's life today. Get used to it..

No more forgiveness, were done forgiving people 

What a dumb arse, lol he canceled his own career admitting he was homophobe after decades of co workers and friends that are lgbtq advocates. Bye dude. Not going to endorse any male female or other who thinks thats **** is cool. Dont care if its an artist I loved. Not gunna give you my money and call you a queen or king while you’re spreading hatred about gay culture. There are enough homophobes in the world I am sure as hell not going to pay listen to one. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2021 at 11:05 AM, Spicechinodiva said:

Well it's 2021, all it takes is one **** up, and your immediately cancelled, that's life today. Get used to it..

No more forgiveness, were done forgiving people 

Sorry, I am not going to "get use to it" and I dont appreciate you telling me what I should get use to. I dont want to get use to hate and bull**** and cancel culture LOL you sound ridiculous. That's not life today, maybe that's your life. You have issues feeling so privileged to "cancel" someone or thinkin you even have that power. Who are you? Mr. Perfect? The LGBTQ community is full of hate, that's why I distanced my self from it. as a gay man myself. You talk about love but you can't wait to "cancel" someone. Whatever. "We are done forgiving" no one asked for your forgiveness and I know Matt Damon didn't. How can you be happy with someone suffering and canceling them instead of maybe educating them. His kid daughter is more mature than some of ya'll.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block