30 Iconic Britney Spears Tattoos

On December 2nd, 1981 in McComb, Mississippi, the Princess of Pop, Britney Jean Spears was born. She'd go on to become one of the most celebrated, beloved and best-selling entertainers of all time, achieving worldwide success while still in her teens. Spears got her start in entertainment in 1992 as a cast member of "The Mickey Mouse Club," alongside other future stars— Christina Aguilera, Justin Timberlake and Ryan Gosling. Spears would go on to sign to Jive Records at the age of 15 in 1997, then release her debut album in 1999, "...Baby One More Time." This album sold over 25 million copies and remains the best-selling debut album of a female artist. Spears became an instant star and just one year later, she released her second album, "Oops!... I Did It Again." 

In 2001, Spears would release yet another album, "Britney," this time showing off a much more mature sound with singles such as "I'm a Slave 4 U." In 2002, Spears would star in the box office success "Crossroads," which despite negative reviews would become a cult classic. In 2003, Spears released her fourth album, "In the Zone," which would include one of the singer's most popular singles to date, "Toxic."

Spears took a hiatus from making music over the next several years, as she struggled with personal issues that were highly publicized in the media. Spears would address the controversies in her fifth album, "Blackout," with singles such as "Piece of Me." Spears' conservationship began in early 2008, but she continued to make music, releasing her sixth studio album, "Circus," later that year. Over the years, Spears continued to live under a strict conservationship,  but released numerous albums such as "Femme Fatale" in 2011, "Britney Jean" in 2013 and "Glory" in 2016. She would continue to headline worldwide tours and even had a residency in Las Vegas for several years. But, under the public facade, Spears was struggling with the restraints of her conservationship and began fighting for her freedom. 

As her struggle has become public, more and more people have worked to get the word out. The hashtag #freebritney has spread throughout social media and in a July 2021 hearing, Spears was granted the ability to hire her own representation for the first time. 

In honor of Britney Spears, her legacy and her fight for freedom, take a look at some of our favorite tattoos of the singer from talented artists around the world. Then help to spread the word by sharing the #freebritney hashtag on social media. 

• Love 3

Not a fan of portraits because a lot of times they end up not looking like the people they’re supposed to look like (and a few of these, while well done, don’t do Britney’s face justice).  The cartoon-y ones/pin-up versions are cute though.  And the portrait that legit looks like a photo is outstanding.

I have one Britney tattoo and it’s the lyrics from BOMT/Stronger.  In black it says “my loneliness is killing me” and then in red “is” is crossed out with “ain’t” above it and “no more” added to the end.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, G-unit said:

Not a fan of portraits because a lot of times they end up not looking like the people they’re supposed to look like (and a few of these, while well done, don’t do Britney’s face justice).  The cartoon-y ones/pin-up versions are cute though.  And the portrait that legit looks like a photo is outstanding.

I have one Britney tattoo and it’s the lyrics from BOMT/Stronger.  In black it says “my loneliness is killing me” and then in red “is” is crossed out with “ain’t” above it and “no more” added to the end.

I have 'It's Britney Bit-ch'