Are the Battles of Female Teen Queen Rivalries Over?

MikeHunt

Record labels for decades, pitted artists against each other, and fanbase's were left to decide who they wanted to rep. So my question is concerning 2020's- we have teen queens but no rivalries in the same way have in the past. Are the record label's educed comparisons over, or are teen artists for the time being, just not prevalent? Or are there other reason this generation doesn't have a two girl rivalry?

1980's Debbie Gibson and Tiffany

May be an image of 2 people and people smiling

1990's Brandy and Monica

Brandy & Monica's 'Verzuz' Battle Had So Many Celeb Viewers – See Their  Comments! | Brandy, Extended, Monica | Just Jared

Early 2000's Britney & Christina Aguilera

BnXtina.jpg

Mid to late 2000's Hilary and Lindsay Lohan

HDvLL.jpg

2010's Selena Gomez and Miley Cyrus

Why Miley Cyrus Is Defending Selena Gomez On Instagram | Selena gomez miley  cyrus, Miley cyrus, Selena gomez

2020's ...Who?

Billie Eilish versus Olivia Rodrigo? 

Bill-VSolive.jpg

Billie and Oliva do not talk crap on eachother and the media doesnt pit them against eachother even tho they both do alternative/rock/pop music and are 18 and 19. They are the biggest teen singers right now but the media hasn't pitted them against eachother like they have with other young female singers before. So do you think the media are done making rivalries? Can and SHOULD women that may appear to be in the same lane, be able to be just as successful as their "rival"?

• Like 2

The media really mainly picked on tiffany, cos debbie Gibson is still the only teenage act male or female, to produce, write and perform a number one single on the hot 100, but in reality she is the only artist besides prince that got to do that Child prodigy ish, no other artists got that kind of control like these two did..

More so it's common given it's all computers and beats, but back then even prince had to prove he could play all the instruments and lay down all the vocals, in the studio but he needed a live band, from what I hear, boy had a curse jar, let's just its rumored to be in the millions, cos he was the only one that didn't curse, this was after he became a jehovah's witness..

They also did Madonna vs. Cyndi Lauper..

Billboard declared in 1985, Madonna would be out by the end of 1985, Cyndi was the real star..

Look how that turned out, both became the complete opposite..

Madonna was not out by the end of 85, and she was the top female of that decade..

4 hours ago, Broccoli Spears said:

Record companies? Or toxic fans and click bait media? 

And that Christina photo is unnecessary and kinda proves my point about fans instigating and fueling “rivalries”.

It's mainly the fans that keep it alive. 

Here we are, a decade later the Madonna vs. Gaga thing now is basically one sided, we all left, but everytime a Music blog makes a post celebrating anything Madonna, the munsters, come out saying she ended (Gaga) Madonna. 

Which is always clapped back with the rhetorical, who ended who, who broke their hip at 26 on tour, we can continue of what actually happened to your girl during the height of this feud. 

You said don't break a hip granny, that backfired gaga got injured badly.

You said arthritis, gaga got a more muscular painful disease.

It was really funny and sad, everything they wished would happen to Madonna, ended up backfiring and happening to their queen instead.

• Super Mods

Lmao at the Christina pic :blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

I never realized how much female popstars were labeled as rivals especially teen ones.

I just find it stupid how female stars are always in the headline for being rivals while there are no rivalries with male stars.

The Industry and even the world celebrate women vs women SMH

And the crazy thing is that 99% of the time, the rivalry either doesnt exist or its over a boy.

Like Miley & Selena fought over Nick Jonas

while Hilary and Lindsay fought over Aaron Carter (SO not worth it cause look at him now :grimace_judging_judge_squint_ew_gross_red_white_annoyed:)

I just think the industry needs to promote more Girl Power and Sisterhood.

Female rivalries is like pleasure to men and thats disgusting,

• Love 1
On 8/2/2021 at 12:49 AM, Spicechinodiva said:

The media really mainly picked on tiffany, cos debbie Gibson is still the only teenage act male or female, to produce, write and perform a number one single on the hot 100, but in reality she is the only artist besides prince that got to do that Child prodigy ish, no other artists got that kind of control like these two did..

More so it's common given it's all computers and beats, but back then even prince had to prove he could play all the instruments and lay down all the vocals, in the studio but he needed a live band, from what I hear, boy had a curse jar, let's just its rumored to be in the millions, cos he was the only one that didn't curse, this was after he became a jehovah's witness..

They also did Madonna vs. Cyndi Lauper..

Billboard declared in 1985, Madonna would be out by the end of 1985, Cyndi was the real star..

Look how that turned out, both became the complete opposite..

Madonna was not out by the end of 85, and she was the top female of that decade..

Well the thread is about teenage female singers, so Cyndi and Madonna aren't apart of this as they were already in their 20s when they popped off, but I get what you mean with media always pitting women against eachother.

The only time a male rivalry happened was Michael Jackson and Prince, literally the two biggest black male artists of their decade, and it was all started by Michael himself..

The infamous James brown incident, Michael set prince up to fail, paid to actually see purple rain by himself and give a scathing review as a pseudo pen name..

Refused Prince on we are the world, cos like Madonna, prince was being immoral with his love of ***uality..but took 4 the tears in your eyes none the less..

Invited Prince to do a duet with On Bad, where Michael would tell Prince..

"Your butt is mine, gonna straight you right "

"Don't show your face in broad daylight"

It was a made up one sided feud cos if @MikeHunt did the research, prince paid this all dust after the infamous James brown incident..

Plus Michael also had a feud with his brother, There Is this song called word 2 the Badd, that had to be lyrically rewritten to be about a horrible ex girlfriend, then the original subject being about Michael Jackson, his brother. 

If anybody understood the media it was Michael himself..he only turned on them, when they started painting him in a bad light, but prior to that he set up a lot of his tabloid stories, the elephant man bones,the sleeping in the hyperbolic chamber, he sold those stories..

13 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

The only time a male rivalry happened was Michael Jackson and Prince, literally the two biggest black male artists of their decade, and it was all started by Michael himself..

The infamous James brown incident, Michael set prince up to fail, paid to actually see purple rain by himself and give a scathing review as a pseudo pen name..

Refused Prince on we are the world, cos like Madonna, prince was being immoral with his love of ***uality..but took 4 the tears in your eyes none the less..

Invited Prince to do a duet with On Bad, where Michael would tell Prince..

"Your butt is mine, gonna straight you right "

"Don't show your face in broad daylight"

It was a made up one sided feud cos if @MikeHunt did the research, prince paid this all dust after the infamous James brown incident..

Plus Michael also had a feud with his brother, There Is this song called word 2 the Badd, that had to be lyrically rewritten to be about a horrible ex girlfriend, then the original subject being about Michael Jackson, his brother. 

If anybody understood the media it was Michael himself..he only turned on them, when they started painting him in a bad light, but prior to that he set up a lot of his tabloid stories, the elephant man bones,the sleeping in the hyperbolic chamber, he sold those stories..

If I did my research?! What are you talking about? You're the one who is off topic in this thread. Why are you calling me out on these grown men? My thread is about teen queen rivalries :wyd_wtf_meme_hand_umm_wth_what_the_hell:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block