Now I get why Britney didn't feel on control with Femme Fatale and Britney Jean... Larry (& Adam) were the A&R

2 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

@Style. @lustwecantcontrol she literally had no control over these two albums, circus was a&r by Teresa Labarbara whites who was the A&R of Destiny's child, which could explain why that album had more of an urban and hip hop influence overall with the electro pop sound 

I think the same situation could've happened to Circus, but this is just based on rumors, but a long time ago I read on a forum someone saying that Larry was hunting down discarded demos at Jive for Circus, so basically the work of an A&R.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Applejack said:

I think the same situation could've happened to Circus, but this is just based on rumors, but a long time ago I read on a forum someone saying that Larry was hunting down discarded demos at Jive for Circus, so basically the work of an A&R.

Yeah, but Given how Jive went to Sony music, you can tell it became a seasoned professional, they basically got rid of professional people once the conservatorship secretly became permanent by the courts, looking at the credits, it's basically the same people that worked with her, for those two projects, Karen Kwak who a&R The emancipation of mimi and oversaw the Mariah Carey comeback, made sure glory would have been more urban, But Justin Tranter and other Con employees  was still working on the project.  

Remember Britney was supposed to have Tranter be executive producer for her 10th album, but we all know that ended up getting cancelled after what happened with her son. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, thedoughboy said:

what is a&r?

Artist and representation..

Britney spears is the artist, and the A&R is the one pulling the strings to assemble the album, the themes and overall sound of the project meaning They represent and present Britney Jean By Britney spears her 8th studio album, a proper way of saying the main executive producer of the project. 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Artist and representation..

Britney spears is the artist, and the A&R is the one pulling the strings to assemble the album, the themes and overall sound of the project meaning They represent and present Britney Jean By Britney spears her 8th studio album, a proper way of saying the main executive producer of the project. 

No, it’s A&R stands for Artists and Repertoire. This is the division of a record label that is responsible for talent scouting and the artistic and commercial development of the recording artist. It also acts as a liaison between the artist and the record label. @thedoughboy🙂

• Love 3
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, gapeach704 said:

When did Adam start managing Miley  instead of Larry? Anyone know? And why? I wonder how they feel about Miley and her unwavering support for #FreeBritney 

They probably don't like it but Miley doesn't give a ****. She knows they work for HER. Glad Britney is getting that confidence back too :bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

• Love 7
  • Like 2

She said they killed her dream, it's obvious she played by the rules on her first two albums, but when she decided to be s)/ exual and incorporate she was a very person indeed, you can tell the way she had to say I'm a virgin everytime, it's costumes, you can tell they wanted her to be like Taylor swift and a kids artist instead of growing up with her fans. 

Most people are glad the kids left at the third album, one said, they should have never been invited in the first place, and the marketing of the virgin til she was married was the first sign of major control happening like people still shamed of kids having s**, were not acting grown, but our hormones needed that release to happen. 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

She said they killed her dream, it's obvious she played by the rules on her first two albums, but when she decided to be s)/ exual and incorporate she was a very person indeed, you can tell the way she had to say I'm a virgin everytime, it's costumes, you can tell they wanted her to be like Taylor swift and a kids artist instead of growing up with her fans. 

Most people are glad the kids left at the third album, one said, they should have never been invited in the first place, and the marketing of the virgin til she was married was the first sign of major control happening like people still shamed of kids having s**, were not acting grown, but our hormones needed that release to happen. 

Wait WHAT?! :watrusayin_britney_xfactor_confused_shocked_surprised_um_what:

Her first two albums, and then she's s.exual and then a virgin and then leap forwards years and she's dressing like Taylor Swift.  Who's kids left and shouldn't have been invited in the first place by the "Britney" album? And the leap backwards to having hormones?

This is post is so :wow_surprised_shocked_omg:

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, frederiickx said:

I mean duh. I doubt Britney has had much control of ANY of the albums post-conservatorship. She always was in control of her music and how she wanted things to be, and I'm sure that was just another thing they took away from her. Evil people..

I think she definitely had some of a say with Circus and Glory...Theresa who exec produced Circus also helped Britney pick Blackout’s track listing so I’m sure she took Britney’s opinions in account for Circus. Britney also has a fair amount of writing credits on Circus and Glory as well and Britney seemed to have a passion for Glory which was absent for FF and BJ which leads me to believe she had some more influence over the album and honestly you can feel it on Glory...Glory feels like a Britney album not a label project!

• Like 1
7 hours ago, gapeach704 said:

When did Adam start managing Miley  instead of Larry? Anyone know? And why? I wonder how they feel about Miley and her unwavering support for #FreeBritney 

I think around bangerz when Larry was also there but she fired Larry, Adam not surprisingly has posted a lot of Miley shows images to IG even the recent one with the Free Britney screens and of course did not include those images. I think Adam thinks he can just walk away and play the “I left during Vegas” card as a scape route without anyone questioning his time with her. 

• Like 2
8 hours ago, gapeach704 said:

7 hours ago, frederiickx said:

They probably don't like it but Miley doesn't give a ****. She knows they work for HER. Glad Britney is getting that confidence back too :bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

Miley comes from a very powerful family in the music industry, her god mother is Dolly Parton, and she also recently spoke out.

The riskiest  thing they could do is start drama with her.

Remember black mirror…Miley has known about this Britney situation for a while, and really don’t find it all the coincidental that she was one of the first celebs to shout freeBritney in 2019, only to retract her statement, to then again now showing full blown support again 

Idk if she’s an opportunist (I mean she made money off of a role inspired by Britney alledglly) or has she been trying to get the message out the entire time?

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Forever222 said:

Larry took over big time with Circus, FF and BJ. He made his intentions clear 💰 

He like Jamie, think he is Britney Spears. They literally don’t understand the magic of her and her human side is what makes her iconic. All conservatorship albums are tainted unfortunately. 

I love that blackout is considered her greatest of all time, you know that pisses Larry off. 

The considerable dust her team consistently has paid the album I couldn’t agree more…

It’s weird I use to think blackout was basically being forgotten by her team because of all the drama circulating it, but it was probably because that album was a big F U, to her team and she had the most creative freedom with that album 

• Love 1

The AnR play an important part in an album's creation and release. (In some cases they w**d out potential songs that don't go with the vision of the album,like if Britney said she didn't want to seem too vulnerable, any songs that did that would be removed from the running before Britney heard them) All of the songwriters and producers I have chatted with have all talked about Britney's AnR.  I also chatted with Lindy Robbins and Heather Bright about the tracks that made the album and the tracks that Britney recorded but weren't included.  With Femme Fatale, Max Martin and Dr. Luke were helming the ship, which meant it would make sense for them to include the writers and producers who are under their own publishing deals.  All of the songwriters have talked about how everything is political.  Also, Larry Rudolph was the lawyer for a couple Britney songwriters/producers.  The more I chat with the producers/songwriters on the original doll podcast the more I see the political side.  

• Love 2