opinion: circus is one of her best albums/eras

the singles were all great & 3 of them were hits, we got toxic 2.0, the tour while yes britney’s dancing was pretty **** but i don’t blame her had some of the best visuals/backdrops/set pieces/outfits & set list which made up for that and just the overall concept of the whole era was amazing:canthandleit_cry_katy_sob_sad_tears:

i feel like this is the closest we’ve gotten to a blackout 2.0 but circus is lowkey better in a way cuz it’s more diverse & the songs weren’t just about s** 

(before y’all attack me i’m strictly talking about the music/videos/performances the conservatorship bs going on highkey ruined the whole era for me:sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:)

• Love 6

Yes she clearly had zero interest in dancing but other than that she had some fire music videos, I just feel it started to weigh on her after the Circus video because the day she shot that video the conservator ship became permanent so everything changed from that point on, she gradually got more and more less interested, ugh but i think it was a fabulous comeback and really did a good thing for her career :snarky_katy_merry_go_round_smile_proud_spinning:

• Like 3

I count the circus album in my top 3 britney albums. I also saw her on the circus tour and while it's true she wasn't dancing that great, it was an awesome show and she looked real good (for someone who was being forced to work, that is :britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black:). I remember they still had that old website at the time and they would post photos of the show from each city/date. I lived for those pics! 

• Love 1
  • Like 2

Her dancing was good in the beginning of the tour, piece of me, hot as ice, get naked and toxic she was shaking her tail feather! She was on fire until towards the middle of the tour when she started to get stiff, I'm assuming that's when they started her on her meds. But I loooooved the circus tour, I went twice. I had fun 😁

• Like 1

I don’t think it was a cohesive album. I feel the album was rushed. It did give us some awesome looks and singles but overall I’m meh about circus era. In The Zone was her best album era when mixed with album quality imo. My pick for the best overall album is Blackout. 

• Love 4

ugh it's DEFINITELY one of her best albums and even eras <3

It's super pop, super Britney, all her key features and distinctions are highlighted. And even though her private life was a mess behind the scenes, it was a resurgence of her old, primitive self.

I don't know why it always gets under the radar with her fan base.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Onyxgirl17 said:

I don’t think it was a cohesive album. I feel the album was rushed. It did give us some awesome looks and singles but overall I’m meh about circus era. In The Zone was her best album era when mixed with album quality imo. My pick for the best overall album is Blackout. 

Several songs were produced during 2007. The was rushed indeed.

Circus had/has it's moments tho. But I always felt this was a desperate move to "clean" the 2007. And the album name always felt disgusting to me.
The execution of the "Circus" concept is nowhere to be found except maybe for the songs "Circus" (obviously), Shattered Glass and If You Seek Amy, they had this circus vibe idk why. But the rest of the album?... :britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black:

The album itself it's super messy tbh haha. 

Little review:

Mmm Papi being the that weird bop. (like Anticipating, Brave New Girl, Hot As Ice). Love it so much. 

Unusual You being the true "underrated(?)"gem of the album followed by Shattered Glass [(imo) I was hoping for it to be a single with a proper mv but...]

Blur, this song really transmits to me what she's singing, I love it. The vibe, the sound, the vocals, everything, can't get enough. 

Lace and Leather, that **** song that makes you wanna do a lap-dance to someone you like hahahaha. :werk_britney_bw_black_white_dance_sexy_flirt_my_prerogative:

Out From Under is a really good song, and even tho it's a cover, it's a really good one.

that's it. I'm tired 🥴

• Love 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Alvy said:

Circus had/has it's moments tho. But I always felt this was a desperate move to "clean" the 2007. And the album name always felt disgusting to me.
The execution of the "Circus" concept is nowhere to be found except maybe for the songs "Circus" (obviously), Shattered Glass and If You Seek Amy, they had this circus vibe idk why. But the rest of the album?... :britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black:

The album itself it's super messy tbh haha. 

Little review:

Mmm Papi being the that weird bop. (like Anticipating, Brave New Girl, Hot As Ice). Love it so much. 

Unusual You being the true "underrated(?)"gem of the album followed by Shattered Glass [(imo) I was hoping for it to be a single with a proper mv but...]

Blur, this song really transmits to me what she's singing, I love it. The vibe, the sound, the vocals, everything, can't get enough. 

Lace and Leather, that **** song that makes you wanna do a lap-dance to someone you like hahahaha. :werk_britney_bw_black_white_dance_sexy_flirt_my_prerogative:

Out From Under is a really good song, and even tho it's a cover, it's a really good one.

that's it. I'm tired 🥴

Literally everything you said, except for

Mmm Boringpi :idkha_mariah_i_dont_know_her_pink_idk_shake_no:

• Haha 1