Britney is named one of the 40 Greatest Music Video Artists in MTV history by SPIN!

1 minute ago, PokemonSpears said:

and it's not that it was atrocious, every artist has good and bad videos, but the thing with Britney is that she (or well, her team) has released very few videos in the span of a decade, and many of them have had very bad promo. Slumber Party is a great video for example, but no one knew she released that song. Perfume according to Joseph Kahn would've been amazing, but they butchered it, and again, no one knows that song outside the fandom. Criminal also has proved to be popular over the years, but back in 2011 no one knew about it.

Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy her videos. Slumber Party is hella **** and cool, but they look amateurish next to pre 2007 videos. Well, except for Womanizer and Circus. I’m thinking that a factor that made the videos look not so good was her attitude? She looked bloated during the Femme Fatale videos due to severe medication. Poor sweetheart! 

2 minutes ago, Prachi said:

Should be, yes! The problem with these lists are they are unable to see Britney has done things after 2004 and that is the problem, I am tired of seeing her legacy status like this though most list is good with rock videos etc but IDK Britney needs a new team when she's free and buy every article to be featured in. :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

I mean, I'm totally biased, but I've always said that it's impossible to measure Britney's impact with tangible, objective facts. It's like when it comes to sales, Oops or Toxic weren't #1 hits, but everyone and their grandma knows and for the most part, likes those songs, but how do you measure that?

With music videos, what tangible parameter can you use to rank them, number of awards? We know she was robbed back in the day. Number of views on youtube? We know she hasn't been able to compete in the digital era (though old videos like BOMT and Toxic have caught up in recent years despite their age). But those that are old to remember know she was slaying the TRL era, and in Latin America, she was also one of the most powerful artists, even lesser videos like Do Somethin' or Someday made it to the top positions in the yearly Top 100 rankings, and I bet a similar situation must have happened in other international MTV channels. But again, there's no record of it, and even if there was, MTV has ceased to be an authority in the field of music videos YEARS ago, so newer videos couldn't be measured with those numbers.

So I feel like she's always sabotaged in that aspect, because there isn't a scientific, verifiable method to prove how good and popular Britney really was/is, especially compared to other artists of her time.

• Like 3

Plus with the way the industry treats her as a nostalgia act.

I wouldn't blame her for wanting to retire, the industry she works for don't treat Madonna, Mariah Carey as Nostalgia or Christmas acts despite the public reception is different than the industry.

So why would Britney want to continue working for an industry that doesn't respect her, yes the fans love her, but the industry don't care about you guys, that's the reality, Britney knows she's hated and not wanted by her own industry that she works for, it's better to say **** it, you allowed this to happen to me, so why should I work for an industry that didn't help me til I spoke up.  

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Look at the ticket sales between Circus tour and Femme fatale, she didn't sell out a lot of markets on her last true world tour, to date. 

They really ruined her legacy and those horrible meet and greet stories didn't help her at all. I know it was a few people but still the media went more with the negative responses and that added more to her own down fall by her team, it would take a miracle for her to be on top at 40, the industry is ageist, I hope for once they won't be towards Britney and understand why it's important 40 or not for her to be given a chance to prove she still matters. 

Bit the industry regardless will probably deny her , well earned redemption time, because of her age. 

I literally was a Britard during those years and trust me, I know everything what went wrong. It’s sad ‘cause her team ruined her as a person. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

3 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

But like you said they only focus on her first 6 years of her career and perhaps the circus era, but that's it. 

Well, yeah no denying and what she made in those 6 years people are still not able to. If she comes back smartly, I see taylor is still relevant with 16 years into the industry because she and her team is smart and Britney is a smart being she just needs people working towards her not against. US is not the world, Britney hits are still played here till FF era in my county TBH she doesn't have to be at the top again, she just needs to build her legacy her empire. 

2 minutes ago, Style. said:

Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy her videos. Slumber Party is hella **** and cool, but they look amateurish next to pre 2007 videos. Well, except for Womanizer and Circus. I’m thinking that a factor that made the videos look not so good was her attitude? She looked bloated during the Femme Fatale videos due to severe medication. Poor sweetheart! 

yet the videos themselves are really greatly produced, despite her looks. But Criminal she looks genuinely good, and it's definitely the best of the FF era.

Tbh, from 2008 to 2016, I think the only really bad videos are Perfume and MM, and at least she looks awesome in them.

Ooh La La and PG could've been better, but they're still fun.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Style. said:

I literally was a Britard during those years and trust me, I know everything what went wrong. It’s sad ‘cause her team ruined her as a person. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

It's funny in the US that was her most successful radio era, and she still failed selling out the arenas, and didn't sell a million albums. 

I still asked what went wrong, it wasn't the music, behind the scenes they made her unapproachable which in reality was not her at all.

1 minute ago, PokemonSpears said:

yet the videos themselves are really greatly produced, despite her looks. But Criminal she looks genuinely good, and it's definitely the best of the FF era.

Tbh, from 2008 to 2016, I think the only really bad videos are Perfume and MM, and at least she looks awesome in them.

Ooh La La and PG could've been better, but they're still fun.

No, honey. I mean, technically yes but those “greatly” produced videos work for a B list celebrity ‘cause here and there they were just tacky. You just can’t have Toxic, Stronger, Baby, Oops, Slave, Womanizer in your videography and then I Wanna Go, Perfume, Make Me and Pretty Gorillaz. That’s not it! 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

It's funny in the US that was her most successful radio era, and she still failed selling out the arenas, and didn't sell a million albums. 

I still asked what went wrong, it wasn't the music, behind the scenes they made her unapproachable which in reality was not her at all.

The music was generic and super commercial, of course she scored so many hits. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

She sold more than 35M albums in the US and US was successful for era only radio wise not hit wise, her sales are very low in the US as compared to WW!

She has more WW hits than any of her peers only shakira is higher than her and now RiRi. 

10 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Plus with the way the industry treats her as a nostalgia act.

I wouldn't blame her for wanting to retire, the industry she works for don't treat Madonna, Mariah Carey as Nostalgia or Christmas acts despite the public reception is different than the industry.

So why would Britney want to continue working for an industry that doesn't respect her, yes the fans love her, but the industry don't care about you guys, that's the reality, Britney knows she's hated and not wanted by her own industry that she works for, it's better to say **** it, you allowed this to happen to me, so why should I work for an industry that didn't help me til I spoke up.  

I think it's not the industry, it's her team who never really worked towards her. Britney is very famous WW and loved not just by fans, by a lot of GP I do not feel industry is the reason to blame here, it's her team she needs better people to be around with he like Taylor or Beyonce. I work in the music industry, never have I ever seen people disrespecting her they see her as a legend and people will be in line working with her she needs a team. 

• Love 1