Britney is named one of the 40 Greatest Music Video Artists in MTV history by SPIN!

Let's be honest MTV won't admit it but they banned Janet Jackson in 2004 after the super bowl halftime show. 

On a cover story to king magazine (literally most of her promotion was stuck to urban and black entertainment magazines from this point on), they noted MTV lied to the public when asked by a Janet Jackson stan why they won't promote 20 Y.O. or Damita jo. 

Janet just turned 40 in may of 2006, they said well she's 40 and is too old for our viewers, Janet's team said

Her manager at the time said. 

"Madonna just turned 48, and recieved 5 VMAS nominations for her disco fied "Hung Up" including the coveted Best female video and Video of the year, so MTV should be ashamed that they lied and said at 40 Janet Jackson was too old for MTV, when they nominated Madonna who is pushing 50 in a couple of years, why can't they be honest and say she was banned cos of the events of 2004. 

So the banning of Janet Jackson and basically erasing Janet as well, helped Beyonce in the long run. To become the ultimate black female entertainer..

11 minutes ago, britney_rocks said:

What’s with lists always putting Beyoncé in the top 10 when it comes to music videos, when 95% of her videography are forgettable, except single ladies to be honest.

Well, her songs are not WW impact her sales and touring proves that for me but with Lemonade album she became more culturally oriented focusing on black society + I feel Beyonce has a lot of respect which I feel is fake but can't deny facts unlike Britney. 

If Britney comes back she truly needs a team who can work upon her legacy. 

7 minutes ago, Prachi said:

Since when American awards have given any respect to Britney? America is a hypocritical country, Britney needs to move and then most awards shows will be happy to honour her. 

Well, with the movement maybe but I don't think so but maybe for the ratings sake they might do it because they are tanking big time. 

Britney Is a select few American acts with Madonna, Celine Dion (Canadian) and Michael Jackson, who technically doesn't need the US at all to actually get sales. 

I was like damn that's the truth. 

They said Mariah Carey (which I guess Asia doesn't count cos it's not Europe), usher, Janet Jackson actually needs the US to back up their massive sales. 

I said I get Mariah under performed in Europe, but in Asia she's still very popular and loved there than most US acts. 

8 minutes ago, Prachi said:

Since when American awards have given any respect to Britney? America is a hypocritical country, Britney needs to move and then most awards shows will be happy to honour her. 

Well, with the movement maybe but I don't think so but maybe for the ratings sake they might do it because they are tanking big time. 

As for that embarrassing tribute in 2011, we don't know if it wasn't done on purpose by team con, as we know they love to humiliate her. This tribute should not take place.

It was also weird that Britney didn't pick up her BBMA award in 2016, just behind the scenes. I couldn't get it, why didn't they do it at the gala? It was the most important statuette of this gala and a tribute to Britney. I'm sure team con had a hand in it.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, dfffff said:

As for that embarrassing tribute in 2011, we don't know if it wasn't done on purpose by team con, as we know they love to humiliate her. This tribute should not take place.

It was also weird that Britney didn't pick up her BBMA award in 2016, just behind the scenes. I couldn't get it, why didn't they do it at the gala? It was the most important statuette of this gala and a tribute to Britney. I'm sure team con had a hand in it.

Normally those big awards are usually at the the last or middle of the show, never the beginning. 

So that was one of the biggest wtf moments ever in her career. 

Britney probably would have been higher, but they really base it off her early career videos, although she has good videos post conservatorship non Of them really push the boundaries/envelope the way her early work did

so I can accept 31. We all know she wasn’t as passionate & didn’t have complete control of her image so yeah 

• Like 2
40 minutes ago, Prachi said:

Well, subjective I believe as I am not even a fan of GaGa but she deserves it more her MVs are amazing plus MJ, Madonna and Janet truly deserves to be in the top 10! 

Britney has literally the best videos of early 00s, she definitely deserves Top10 

Also BOMT was number #1 video on TRL best videos ever from 1998 to 2008) like her videography is upthere with ather pop royalty

Gaga deserves Top10 as well, but the fact that Beyonce got to Top10 and neither Britney and Gaga is beyond me

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, RafaelSpears said:

Britney Spears music video is more icomic than Gaga and Beyonce combined. I can't with some fans who says otherwise. Flop list. Bye. :gagacrash_driving_run_hit_lady_sunglasses:

Well, iconic I am there but Beyonce has been successful creating a cultural impact video type thing so US is loving her for this I guess. 

GaGa is good can't say it otherwise not a fan but her MVs are good, Britney is always seen with her historical videos if she decides to come back she needs to build her image and her team needs to work upon her legacy. 

2 minutes ago, Lil-Jay said:

Britney has literally the best videos of early 00s, she definitely deserves Top10 

Also BOMT was number #1 video on TRL best videos ever from 1998 to 2008) like her videography is upthere with ather pop royalty

Gaga deserves Top10 as well, but the fact that Beyonce got to Top10 and neither Britney and Gaga is beyond me

I am there with you, for me oops is also something that can be under top 15 easily because it's very perfectly executed but the problem with Bey is she has pushed the narrative of being culturally relevant so I don't think no media can exclude her! She has been accused to stealing ideas for Lemonade also but I don't know why she never gets criticised or being asked! 

Britney needs a team which can build her legacy as it was tarnished before, Britney is due now! 

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, Prachi said:

Well, subjective I believe as I am not even a fan of GaGa but she deserves it more her MVs are amazing plus MJ, Madonna and Janet truly deserves to be in the top 10! 

I thought the list was about MTV, but it's just music videos in general, so that makes sense.

If it was only about MTV, Britney should be way higher.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Style. said:

Britney’s legacy is tarnished that’s why no one is ******* with her no more. Do you realize that the world barely know who she is due to the conservatorship? Her videography post Circus was atrocious, and that’s more than half of her career. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

This, thats what I am trying to explain people see her before circus era they don't know! She needs to be free and need a team to build her legacy to the top again like Bey etc! Though Bey is local, Britney has been loved WW she can easily do this with the support she's getting. 

Media and critics has never been kind with her, it burns me. 

• Like 2
Just now, PokemonSpears said:

I thought the list was about MTV, but it's just music videos in general, so that makes sense.

If it was only about MTV, Britney should be way higher.

Should be, yes! The problem with these lists are they are unable to see Britney has done things after 2004 and that is the problem, I am tired of seeing her legacy status like this though most list is good with rock videos etc but IDK Britney needs a new team when she's free and buy every article to be featured in. :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Prachi said:

This, thats what I am trying to explain people see her before circus era they don't know! She needs to be free and need a team to build her legacy to the top again like Bey etc! Though Bey is local, Britney has been loved WW she can easily do this with the support she's getting. 

Media and critics has never been kind with her, it burns me. 

Honey, I feel you but that will never ******* happen. You know what she will do when she’s finally free? Retire! And I’m totally fine with that. The world failed her big time! :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Style. said:

Britney’s legacy is tarnished that’s why no one is ******* with her no more. Do you realize that the world barely know who she is due to the conservatorship? Her videography post Circus was atrocious, and that’s more than half of her career. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

and it's not that it was atrocious, every artist has good and bad videos, but the thing with Britney is that she (or well, her team) has released very few videos in the span of a decade, and many of them have had very bad promo. Slumber Party is a great video for example, but no one knew she released that song. Perfume according to Joseph Kahn would've been amazing, but they butchered it, and again, no one knows that song outside the fandom. Criminal also has proved to be popular over the years, but back in 2011 no one knew about it.

• Like 3
Just now, Style. said:

Honey, I feel you but that will never ******* happen. You know what she will do when she’s finally free? Retire! And I’m totally fine with that. The world failed her big time! :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

She might retire, but if she don't thats what I am talking about. World has definitely failed her, I am tired of seeing her in such low lights, women has become a household name in almost every country. Britney is literally credited with the revival of teen pop, but TBH Britney is very loved around I see she is also being listened by kids so that makes me happy!

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Style. said:

Look at the ticket sales between Circus tour and Femme fatale, she didn't sell out a lot of markets on her last true world tour, to date. 

They really ruined her legacy and those horrible meet and greet stories didn't help her at all. I know it was a few people but still the media went more with the negative responses and that added more to her own down fall by her team, it would take a miracle for her to be on top at 40, the industry is ageist, I hope for once they won't be towards Britney and understand why it's important 40 or not for her to be given a chance to prove she still matters. 

Bit the industry regardless will probably deny her , well earned redemption time, because of her age. 

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Prachi said:

She might retire, but if she don't thats what I am talking about. World has definitely failed her, I am tired of seeing her in such low lights, women has become a household name in almost every country. Britney is literally credited with the revival of teen pop, but TBH Britney is very loved around I see she is also being listened by kids so that makes me happy!

But like you said they only focus on her first 6 years of her career and perhaps the circus era, but that's it. 

• Like 1