Are Insecure People Toxic?

Kletus

I think Britney fans are hilarious and the cream of the crop, but then you think of Lady Gaga fans and it's like they're constantly complaining about something while simultaneously viciously attacking EVERYONE... They are so unforgiving and humorless. I don't mean that as a drag, I really do think that (srry Gaga fans :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:)

Which got me thinking - are some insecure people TOXIC?

I read this article: https://mariaerving.com/insecure-toxic-people/

It says that insecure people are the following:

Insecure people are:

• Easily intimidated and offended.
Spoiler

They take everything personally and if it happens to be something they’re insecure about, they’ll take heavy offense.

What you usually feel when being around them is that you have to tiptoe around them and you’re cautious of saying something that might upset them.

So you shrink yourself down and make yourself smaller around them so that your presence won’t rock the boat or ruffle their feathers. 

• Erratic and unpredictable.
Spoiler

They may seem nice but can suddenly get really defensive and lash out and attack you (usually with words that are hurtful).

What you usually feel when being around them is a nagging feeling that you can’t really trust them, although you can’t quite put your finger on why because they ‘seem nice’ and ‘others seem to like them’.

So you question your own judgment and gut feeling about them and by doing this you allow them into your life little by little until you realize what you knew instinctively already from the beginning. 

• They sabotage and destroy.
Spoiler

They have a narcissistic personality where they can’t see any other perspective than their own, and if you ‘go against’ them they get angry and hostile.

What you can experience when being with them is that they gossip and talk negatively about other people and they usually make themselves the victim of something that others has supposedly done to them.

Watch out if you have even voiced an opinion that they feel threatened by because you can be sure that they will bad-talk you behind your back too.  

They also try to sabotage any kind of improvement that you are trying to make in your life.

Such as buying you a chocolate bar when you have just mentioned to them that you’re trying to lose weight, or they invite you out for a drink when you have just told them that you’re cutting down on alcohol. 

• Overly proud and close-minded. 
Spoiler

They are stubborn and nearly impossible to have a conversation with where you share your opinions and viewpoints because it’s threatening to them so they don’t want to listen. 

Because they are not secure in themselves they can’t deal with anything of depth and many times they also feel threatened by a confident person. 

If that happens to be you as you grow more and more confident in yourself they will start to resent you and make fun of you/ridicule you.

This is because an insecure person is in a very fixed state of ego consciousness/mentality and is not open to any kind of personal growth or development.  

Not for themselves or the people around them. They want everyone to stay the same so that they can feel secure and safe. 

I really do feel like this is not talked about often enough. I mean, these days, EVERYBODY is a victim, and EVERYBODY is an innocent angel... Honey, I've never seen a room full of innocent angels in my life. Some of these people are just plain toxic. :sneer_purple_hat_smile_smirk_there_tree_:

What are your thoughts? :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

Well that's majority of the 90s millennials and generation Z. 

They killed comedy. I was watching jeff Dunham and none of that would fly today, but I still laughed cos like he said, he poked fun of all types of life from red necks, gays you name it everything was fair game to his puppets, including him becoming a dad of twins at 55, they poked fun at his age the kids would be saying to their kids, let's see grandpa at the nursery home, hopefully they changed his diaper before er come. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block