Little Mix make history as they score 100th week in the UK Top 10 - the most for any girl group ever

Slayer

Little Mix celebrate hitting a landmark 100 weeks in the Top 10 on the Official Singles Chart - more than any other girl group in UK chart history. 

In the same week the group's figures at the iconic Madame Tussauds were unveiled, Heartbreak Anthem - the trio's collaboration with Galantis and David Guetta - places at Number 7, marking their 100th week in the Top 10 across all of their releases.

Celebrating the news, Leigh-Anne Pinnock had a message for their fans.

“Wow! It’s amazing, and we wouldn’t have done this without you guys," she said. "You never fail to blow us away – you’re just incredible and we wouldn’t be here without you. Thank you.”

A collective 100 weeks in the Top 10 far exceeds any other girl group in UK chart history - the closest are Girls Aloud, with 61 weeks across their 21 Top 10 singles. Behind them are iconic Motown group The Supremes at 59 weeks, followed by Sugababes at 57 weeks, and Spice Girls on 50 weeks. 

Little Mix have landed 18 UK Top 10 singles to date, including five Number 1s, most recently in January this year with Sweet Melody.

Girl groups with the most weeks in the Official Singles Chart Top 10
Little Mix - 100 weeks
Girls Aloud - 61 weeks
The Supremes - 59 weeks
Sugababes – 57 weeks
Spice Girls  - 50 weeks
*****cat Dolls - 43
All Saints – 41
Bananarama – 40
Atomic Kitten - 38
Eternal - 35
Destiny’s Child - 35

• Love 2

And we need to talk about the fact they are the most successful act in the UK from the just cancelled X factor with 5 number ones and several multi platinum or platinum albums none of the winners saw the same success as Little mix.  

Only Raksu a boy band is the second group to win this version but they weren't as successful and the OCC noted just like American idol, eventually X factor became a novelty act and less of the best of the best 

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

And we need to talk about the fact they are the most successful act in the UK from the just cancelled X factor with 5 number ones and several multi platinum or platinum albums none of the winners saw the same success as Little mix.  

Only Raksu a boy band is the second group to win this version but they weren't as successful and the OCC noted just like American idol, eventually X factor became a novelty act and less of the best of the best 

I love Little Mix but I think if were talking about winners from XFactor, I think Leona Lewis is the most accomplished. If were talking acts from XFactor I would say One Direction was more successful. 

4 minutes ago, MikeHunt said:

I love Little Mix but I think if were talking about winners from XFactor, I think Leona Lewis is the most accomplished. If were talking acts from XFactor I would say One Direction was more successful. 

Little Mix are definitely the most successful winners of X Factor UK, Leona disappeared after one album! Little Mix have sold more than Leona, have more number 1s and Top 10s than Leona and the girls are selling out arenas. Leona is unable to tour anymore because her audience is that small, which is sad because she's talented.

Little Mix and One Direction are definitely the biggest acts to come out of The X Factor UK!

I know you wasn't being shady but as someone from the UK, Leona disappeared so many years ago - LM are huuuuge here.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Slayer said:

Little Mix are definitely the most successful winners of X Factor UK, Leona disappeared after one album! Little Mix have sold more than Leona, have more number 1s and Top 10s than Leona and the girls are selling out arenas. Leona is unable to tour anymore because her audience is that small, which is sad because she's talented.

Little Mix and One Direction are definitely the biggest acts to come out of The X Factor UK!

I know you wasn't being shady but as someone from the UK, Leona disappeared so many years ago - LM are huuuuge here.

Little Mix for sure has had more longevity and has stayed in the forefront of the pop scene. But from what I read Leona sold over 30million records and LM sold almost 20million. And at her peak she was more globally successful than LM. 

I'm not trying to be shady toward LM cuz I love them. I'd pick LM over Leona anyday. I only speak up about Leona because I had the same discussion like a month ago with a friend and I was team LM and so when I looked into Leona's career, i saw where my friend was coming from.

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, MikeHunt said:

Little Mix for sure has had more longevity and has stayed in the forefront of the pop scene. But from what I read Leona sold over 30million records and LM sold almost 20million. And at her peak she was more globally successful than LM. 

I'm not trying to be shady toward LM cuz I love them. I'd pick LM over Leona anyday. I only speak up about Leona because I had the same discussion like a month ago with a friend and I was team LM and so when I looked into Leona's career, i saw where my friend was coming from.

I know you're not shading :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

Yeah Bleeding Love was massive! I just checked up to date figures and Little Mix have sold one 60million records and Leona is still in the 30 million range!

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, Slayer said:

I know you're not shading :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

Yeah Bleeding Love was massive! I just checked up to date figures and Little Mix have sold one 60million records and Leona is still in the 30 million range!

With just fewer markets little mix is about to dethrone TLC and DC and probably by next decade dethrone the Spice girls, this is without going globally like the others did. 

This should prove that people need to stop denying the streaming generation and UK needs to uplift their rules that enforces sales over streams. 

Kylie might have won the chart battle for #1, but she lost the war to the girls, who despite losing a member is proving that they still remain popular as ever, cos we all know once a beloved member leaves the loyalty shifts and all abandon the group..little mix proved their end will be different, it won't be a repeat of what happened with the Spice girls, Steps and S club 7, where all their popularity left when members decide to leave. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

With just fewer markets little mix is about to dethrone TLC and DC and probably by next decade dethrone the Spice girls, this is without going globally like the others did. 

This should prove that people need to stop denying the streaming generation and UK needs to uplift their rules that enforces sales over streams. 

Kylie might have won the chart battle for #1, but she lost the war to the girls, who despite losing a member is proving that they still remain popular as ever, cos we all know once a beloved member leaves the loyalty shifts and all abandon the group..little mix proved their end will be different, it won't be a repeat of what happened with the Spice girls, Steps and S club 7, where all their popularity left when members decide to leave. 

Love your post :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

Not going to lie I was worried how they'd do when Jesy left but they've literally had a stellar year! I feel like this is a Glory Days 2.0 for them! Heartbreak Anthem just spent its 10th week in the Top 10 :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

I feel like the UK are treating with more respect now and treating them like British Icons (as they should)!

27 minutes ago, Slayer said:

Love your post :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

Not going to lie I was worried how they'd do when Jesy left but they've literally had a stellar year! I feel like this is a Glory Days 2.0 for them! Heartbreak Anthem just spent its 10th week in the Top 10 :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

I feel like the UK are treating with more respect now and treating them like British Icons (as they should)!

Let's be honest British Music industry treats pop Music as it should, unlike American industry which treats it as a guilty pleasure or something that is enjoyed privately. Not in public. 

All the acts are mentioned actually knows what makes great pop Music starts with a melody,  it all begins with the music, lyrics comes second and the talent adds the final killer package. 

Is pop supposed to be serious, no but that's the charm, it's supposed to be campy and a little cheesy cos life is taken to seriously pop Music in particular to British pop Music provides the escape from life, I feel my home market forgot that rule a long time ago. 

Pop has become to personal and very political that they forgot the fun in escaping.  

So thank you for the Spice girls, Steps and others great pop acts who knows we need to escape life whether on a dance floor or a great two hour concert with your girls. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block