Rolling Stone: Greatest Music Videos of all Time - "Baby One More Time" at #30, "Formation" at #1

Britney-Spears-Hit-Me-Baby-One-More-Time

Here she was: the girl next door with a twist. This Nigel ****–directed clip introduced the globe to a 16-year-old Britney Spears, who would quickly become pop’s reigning princess. Spears herself pitched the idea of filming the video in a school, where she’s seen sporting a series of the most iconic outfits in Nineties pop-culture history. Bored in class, Spears impatiently awaits the moment when she can take to the school’s hallway and gymnasium to dance away her heartbreak. Amping up the legacy of the video’s setting, **** shot it at Venice High School, the same place where Grease was filmed. “…Baby One More Time” was essential to MTV’s TRL era, and when the show went off the air in 2008, it was the final video played on the program. —B.S. 

You can find the list here bomtfo.thumb.jpg.81ccddaf42226ab680bbd96841ae28aa.jpg

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, kdub87 said:

So I’m guessing this is just the opinion of the editors or some ****? If it was down to a public vote I think it would be vastly different. 

Rolling stone rarely does a public poll, and when they do they are pissed by the public. 

When they asked who was the queen of pop, 86.78% went to lady gaga, and Not the one they crowned, which was Madonna which we all know is one of the mainstream media to devote special editions to her and countdowns. 

Even Beyonce or Britney never gets the rare treatment Madonna does from rolling stone and a big reason why is it's the anarchy and what her whole career stood for. Even cher never got a cover story. Madonna got a full cover at 2015 during the rebel heart era and they noted at 56, she's still the only women to be considered rock and roll to Rolling stone.  

They even disrespect Janet Jackson and Mariah Carey who aren't pop stars. 

22 minutes ago, Style. said:

...and some folks have the audacity to ask fans why are we trolling Gags and Bey, well that’s why. It was never cool to pay for your awards, recognition and... writing credits. :chershade_red_wig_oh_hair_hmm:

Formation didn't even had half of the impact toxic or oops have WW! I can't deal with the list, not seeing thriller on 1 :disbelief_britney_surprised_shocked_wow:

• Love 5
  • Like 3
11 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Rolling stone rarely does a public poll, and when they do they are pissed by the public. 

When they asked who was the queen of pop, 86.78% went to lady gaga, and Not the one they crowned, which was Madonna which we all know is one of the mainstream media to devote special editions to her and countdowns. 

Even Beyonce or Britney never gets the rare treatment Madonna does from rolling stone and a big reason why is it's the anarchy and what her whole career stood for. Even cher never got a cover story. Madonna got a full cover at 2015 during the rebel heart era and they noted at 56, she's still the only women to be considered rock and roll to Rolling stone.  

They even disrespect Janet Jackson and Mariah Carey who aren't pop stars. 

This further cements my belief that they have zero credibility lol. I bet the age of the editors etc impacts their decisions massively. Maybe Madonna was their generations No.1 but she certainly isn’t ours.

• Love 3