Blackout vs In The Zone

?  

84 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

In the Zone for all four. :matches: The album (for the most part) is very polished and felt more experimental. It dives into topics such as love, heartbreak, relationships, letting go, and self-indulgent. The production is stellar and features all kinds of sounds from crunk, hip-hop, dance, trance, europop, dancehall, Middle Eastern influences and other various Asian genres. The singles were all incredible and felt very diverse. From MATM to Godxic to Everytime to Outrageous. Like wheww, what an absolute run and serve. :shaking_shake_gold_yellow: Not even gonna bother going into too much detail with the album covers but ITZ wins by a landslide. It feels more divine and ethereal whereas Blackout’s cover looks absolutely tacky. :billiebarf_ew_gross_disgusting_throw_up_vomit_green_eilish::akii_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao: And last, when it comes to influence — ITZ takes the cake. You can hear a lot of the album’s influence throughout pop music history — and still to this day. Toxic ALONE was years ahead of its time and was a driving force behind the electropop boom that would occur throughout the latter of the decade. Overall, ITZ is an impeccably crafted pop record and remains as her most creatively artistic album to date so it wins. :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

Ur so hot rn

• Haha 1

If it wasn't for 'Brave New Girl', 'In The Zone' would be the perfect pop album! I love 'Blackout', is iconic, but it feels to me that its greatness is more on the production while on 'In The Zone' is Britney herself that make the album perfect. 

• Love 2

Blackout (I love this album form start to finish whereas I love about 60-70% of ITZ)

Blackout (this is basically a tie because Toxic alone kinda beats Blackout for me but then again I love all Blackout singles and I only love 2 of the ITZ singles so I voted for Blackout after all) 

In The Zone (Allthough I don’t hate the Blackout cover anymore. It has become quite iconic) 

Blackout

3 hours ago, TomasBR said:

If it wasn't for 'Brave New Girl', 'In The Zone' would be the perfect pop album! I love 'Blackout', is iconic, but it feels to me that its greatness is more on the production while on 'In The Zone' is Britney herself that make the album perfect. 

And Then We Kiss should have been on ITZ. It suited the album perfectly. I love BNG but ATWK was the better choice.

18 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Better album: Blackout by a slight hairline 

Better singles: Easily ITZ

Better cover: ITZ cover is so unique, and ethereal. Truly her 2nd best cover. Blackout's is great tho and iconic :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

More influential: Both are highly influential, but Blackout takes the cake

Thus,

BO= 2

ITZ= 2

:well_cookie_monster_point_blue_black:

:mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

• Haha 1

This was bloody hard.

I chose Blackout as a better album just because it’s more cohesive.

In The Zone singles showed the versatility of the record.

In the Zone cover is I-CO-NIC

Blackout is more influential and mythical.

I really had to think on this one. These two are my favorite Britney albums. 

11 minutes ago, runpiggierun said:

It's funny that so many people on here call Blackout more influential while literally nobody knows its existence. Meanwhile in the zone is one of the best sellers of 2003 and 2004 and people from that time all know about it.  

Dissagree. In my Britney bubble world Blackout is far more known than In The Zone.

Ofcourse, ITZ has Toxic and everytime, but people dont connect that with ITZ.  When Britney was at the lowest point in her life, and she was very hated, suddenly critics were LOVING the release of blackout, that made lot of headlines. I Also remember Blackout was extremely populair in gay culture when it got released, gay culture was obsessed with Blackout: not just the songs that got released, but the completely album.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, DollyParton said:

Dissagree. In my Britney bubble world Blackout is far more known than In The Zone.

Ofcourse, ITZ has Toxic and everytime, but people dont connect that with ITZ.  When Britney was at the lowest point in her life, and she was very hated, suddenly critics were LOVING the release of blackout, that made lot of headlines. I Also remember Blackout was extremely populair in gay culture when it got released, gay culture was obsessed with Blackout: not just the songs that got released, but the completely album.

Even you said Blackout is just more popular or known in YOUR OWN world, and gay circle is not the whole world. Influential means well known by the general public. In 2007, nobody's paying attention to Britney's music, people were all wondering what was going on in her chaotic life. And I don't think the critics were huge fans of Blackout at the time of its release, it only got somewhat a reputation rebound later. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1