Kim Petras - "Future Starts Now"

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, PrettyGorl said:

Better than Malibu but her first era remains superior (thus far)

For me Clarity era is the best, with Turn Off The Light v.2 trailing at a close second. She definitely is going to have a hard time following her own impeccable releases with the album, but I have a feeling she can pull it off with the consistent quality of her work. 

As for the Dr. Luke thing, I have to choose to remain willfully ignorant. Almost everything Dr. Luke has done in the last few years is quite simply an e.a.r.g.a.s.m, and I’m of the mind that my action as an individual if I chose to boycott his work would be inconsequential, as he is already well connected and extremely wealthy. I have to try to separate the art from the artist. Ethically it’s a challenge. I can’t help but still love Michael Jackson songs despite the allegations against him. I do hope Kim will work with some different producers going forward and that Dr. Luke is not doing additional harm, to Kim, Doja, or any of the other artists who’s work he has a hand in. 

• Like 3
54 minutes ago, VanillaCandlez said:

For me Clarity era is the best, with Turn Off The Light v.2 trailing at a close second. She definitely is going to have a hard time following her own impeccable releases with the album, but I have a feeling she can pull it off with the consistent quality of her work. 

As for the Dr. Luke thing, I have to choose to remain willfully ignorant. Almost everything Dr. Luke has done in the last few years is quite simply an e.a.r.g.a.s.m, and I’m of the mind that my action as an individual if I chose to boycott his work would be inconsequential, as he is already well connected and extremely wealthy. I have to try to separate the art from the artist. Ethically it’s a challenge. I can’t help but still love Michael Jackson songs despite the allegations against him. I do hope Kim will work with some different producers going forward and that Dr. Luke is not doing additional harm, to Kim, Doja, or any of the other artists who’s work he has a hand in. 

Jumping in.  Not to be rude, but respectfully, what if all of us Britney fans chose to remain willfully ignorant of her situation?  If we did, the #FreeBritney movement wouldn't have taken off.  It's similar to people who say "Why should I vote, because my one vote isn't going to change anything."  Change starts small, but we have to start somewhere.  I've tried to separate Luke from the art (I have played clarity nonstop for 2 years :shaking_shake_gold_yellow:), but I can't anymore (personally).  We, the consumers, need to make our voices heard.  Is it right that his artists are performing and winning awards and hosting awards shows while singing songs he wrote and produced, on his label (for some...not Kim).  It's just....all so gross, and I'm choosing to boycott anyone that works with him.  Those artists are showing me with their actions that they don't care about these victims, their stories, etc, and they are willing to overlook ALLLLL of that for a hit.  It's a character flaw on all of their parts.

And I say this as a TRUE FAN of Kim's music, and not to be shady.  Kim releases bop after bop.:crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad: and I'm sad I personally can't listen to them anymore because of him

• Love 1

it's SO good!!! 🎀🎀

But kinda mixed emotions about the Dr. Luke thing.... (however it doesn't stop me from being able to enjoy it. Seeing how the music industry at large is probably entirely nasty and corrupt if we dug deep enough at every artist, player in the game. to think Dr. Luke is the only bad person out there is naive)

I'm just surprised that he consisentely continues to put music out and artists willingly tie themselves to him knowing what the world thinks.

Part of me thinks she welcomes being thought of as "problematic" and it's going to be part of her persona and she knowingly doesn't give a ****?

or does she play dumb and it's something that she chooses to ignore? 

has she ever addressed it?

:sipney_britney_starbucks_straw_sipping_drinking_spill:

I'm just a casual fan of her music and don't know much about her.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
24 minutes ago, gapeach704 said:

Jumping in.  Not to be rude, but respectfully, what if all of us Britney fans chose to remain willfully ignorant of her situation?  If we did, the #FreeBritney movement wouldn't have taken off.  It's similar to people who say "Why should I vote, because my one vote isn't going to change anything."  Change starts small, but we have to start somewhere.  I've tried to separate Luke from the art (I have played clarity nonstop for 2 years :shaking_shake_gold_yellow:), but I can't anymore (personally).  We, the consumers, need to make our voices heard.  Is it right that his artists are performing and winning awards and hosting awards shows while singing songs he wrote and produced, on his label (for some...not Kim).  It's just....all so gross, and I'm choosing to boycott anyone that works with him.  Those artists are showing me with their actions that they don't care about these victims, their stories, etc, and they are willing to overlook ALLLLL of that for a hit.  It's a character flaw on all of their parts.

And I say this as a TRUE FAN of Kim's music, and not to be shady.  Kim releases bop after bop.:crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad: and I'm sad I personally can't listen to them anymore because of him

I totally respect your point of view and I do often consider the points you made here, and honestly, I wish I had the willpower to choose not to listen to his productions anymore:eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe:

He’s hard to avoid - I was bopping to Doja Cat for a long time before I realized he produces the majority of her work 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, femmepop said:

Seeing how the music industry at large is probably entirely nasty and corrupt if we dug deep enough at every artist, player in the game. to think Dr. Luke is the only bad person out there is naive)

This is honestly my point of view also. The rabbit hole most probably goes much deeper than any of us could imagine …

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block