Kim Petras - "Future Starts Now"

Update: It's out!

Earlier:

Kim streamed her Lollapalooza set where she performed a new French-electro flavored single called The Future Starts Now.

After the stream her socials posted a redirect link to her website which is set up with a Spotify pre-save button and a sound effect that plays is a French version of her signature “Woo-Ah” vocal tag (Oui-ahh!!). Presaving the single unlocks an 8 second snippet of the track. 

Her incoming album has been described as sounding like a mixture of Clarity, Era 1, and Turn Off The Light, with a Daft-Punk-tinged  French-electro twist. There will also allegedly be no ballads or sad songs this time around

B890-F445-2-D42-44-B1-8650-C8-DCA0777-A2

Any other Kim Petras stans here? I’m so excited for this new era :wigsnatched_point_you_wow_yes_yas:

Update: Single coming 8-27!

And the album art shot by Steven Klein:

• Love 5
5 hours ago, myprerogative11 said:

Kim stan here! 

Obsessed with the snippets of the new song. Did you find a full capture of the song?

:jamie_lynn_grape::sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing: I have been searching but nothing yet! The live-stream was potato quality and hard to hear anyway but it would be cool to see her performance again, she did amazing with her choreo! It was amazing to see the huge crowd singing along to every word (of her already released songs of course) giving her all the love she deserves  

This is all I could find, they missed the new song:

4 hours ago, Cheshire-B said:

Can't wait ! Do we know the release date ??

Not yet :saywat-towelney: But you can text her to get updates! The phone number from Got My Number lmao - 949 331 0609 :riri_rihanna_take_bow_wink_flirt_hand_white:

• Haha 2
10 hours ago, VanillaCandlez said:

Kim just live-streamed her Lollapalooza set on IG & TikTok where she served choreo slayage to a new French-electro flavored single called The Future Starts Now.

After the stream her socials posted a redirect link to her website which is set up with a Spotify pre-save button and a sound effect that plays is a French version of her signature “Woo-Ah” vocal tag (Oui-ahh!!). Presaving the single unlocks an 8 second snippet of the track. 

Her incoming album has been described as sounding like a mixture of Clarity, Era 1, and Turn Off The Light, with a Daft-Punk-tinged  French-electro twist. There will also allegedly be no ballads or sad songs this time around

B890-F445-2-D42-44-B1-8650-C8-DCA0777-A2

Any other Kim Petras stans here? I’m so excited for this new era :wigsnatched_point_you_wow_yes_yas:

+1 

I’m here for real artist without tricks or lies. Quality better than quantity…

• Love 2
52 minutes ago, TommyX said:

Woo-Ah!!! I’m so looking forward! Probably my pop highlight of the year. ☺️

Same! Kimmy has quickly become my favorite active pop girl in the last few years, even edging out Charli

XCX5 is rumored to release this year also - if so, the second half of 2021 should be a major moment for great pop music

• Love 1
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ol123 said:

Genuinely curious. Last year didn't she confirm we're getting vol 3 of TOTL this year? How close together does she plan on releasing these albums. 

I believe so yes. I have a feeling the album is right around the corner, and I would assume TOTL vol 3 would presumably be an October release. I think she treats TOTL as more of like “bonus” material whereas she will promote the album more heavily. In 2019 we got a single every week leading up to the summer release of Clarity, and then TOTL 2.0 a few months later in October. 

I think she rolls out a lot of material in short succession because of listeners short attention spans in our current streaming era. The model now is push something out, get playlist adds and saves, and then on to the next thing to stay visible before people can get bored

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block