why did Britney request to have a closed hearing during both her testimonies?

3 minutes ago, phareezy said:

Exactly. I think she didn't want Jamie to hear what she was going to say. Revealing abuse and trauma like that with the person that did it to you sitting right there isn't easy. Especially after they've silenced you for over a decade.

yes, but a closed hearing would not achieve that; or am i wrong? a closed hearing would still include her father. so closing the hearing would NOT achieve what you describe.

or you think that maybe she thought a closed hearing would not allow her father to listen?

maybe she was confused too.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, nthenwkiss said:

or you think that maybe she thought a closed hearing would not allow her father to listen?

maybe she was confused too.

This part. I think she just didn't understand what a closed hearing is and what she was really asking for was a closed chambers meeting. She just didn't know the terminology. We all know Ingham was doing a poor job of telling her about anything going on in court and answering her questions so I doubt he took the time to explain the difference.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
Just now, phareezy said:

This part. I think she just didn't understand what a closed hearing is and what she was really asking for was a closed chambers meeting. She just didn't know the terminology. We all know Ingham was doing a poor job of telling her about anything going on in court and answering her questions so I doubt he took the time to explain the difference.

yes i see your point now; and i agree. i get so saddened to think about that, that she literally had no one to explain this to her and no means of getting help. thankfully now we have king rosengart.

• Love 2

I think it was to protect her kids.

When she started her first speech on the 23rd one of the lawyers said something like ‘let’s close the court in case Britney mentions her minor children’  Britney said ‘no, let’s leave it open cause everyone needs  to know what my family has done’ and you’ll notice she didn’t mention her kids at all during that speech. 

The 14th is the hearing where she asked for it to be closed & she did briefly mention the kids but didn’t go into much detail about how Jamie attacked them although that mixed with the stay in hospital is probably one of the worst things that Jamie has done as a conservator.  

If it was closed I’d imagine she’d go into a lot more detail to show the judge how horrible he really is, but since it was open she didn’t want to open her kids up to questioning from the media/their friends etc so she only mentioned it very quickly. 

• Love 7

Maybe she thought at first on July 14th that there would be a recording, then realized they wouldn’t be one. She knew she was going to talk about even more painful things and would cry. What she didn’t take into account that there was going to be a transcript.

• Love 1