why did Britney request to have a closed hearing during both her testimonies?

i was thinking about this today and i don't really understand why. any theories?

- on her june 23rd testimony after she said it all, she requested the court for the next hearing to be a closed one (sam did, but she agreed to it as she was still connected and didn't refute it when penny asked) - i think sam even said something like "my client has requested for the hearing to be closed" or something like that.

- on the transcript of the july 14th hearing, before she (britney) said anything while penny was talking about accepting the resignation of sam and loeb & loeb britney said she wanted to close the hearing, and then she said she was ok with it being open. rosengart was there too.

am i remembering things wrong? or did this happen? and if so, why would she? to keep them from trying to discredit her claims with lies? i mean on the 23rd the said it after she said it all, but on the 14th it was before she even began speaking.

thoughts?

:mj_reading_paper_michael_jackson_blinking_glasses:

• Like 2

Imagine being made to feel so incompetent you have someone making your decisions, plus the fact that much army believes the real Britney is primney. So she is still cautious about her career and maintaining a sense of normalcy and privacy. 

I mean she doesn’t want people talking about her . I think it’s pretty clear . 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Somethingtotallabout said:

hmmm..and didn't she also say she wished she knew  it was going to be an open hearing? 

this too, she prepared her speech in which it said "i need an open hearing or interview for the world to know about this" and then said, she didn't know it was happening today; so then why did she go to the police to report herself as a victim but didnt do it in 2018 when she had a similar testimony? so many question.

• Like 2

no, you're remembering correctly. I just think she's extremely embarrassed and probably goes back and forth about making it public. Put yourself in her shoes: she probably has a million "what ifs" running through her head. I mean it's pathetic that her fans have to rally for her, but her own family won't. A side note, she probably thought about how this will effect her career too.

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, Intheblue said:

Imagine being made to feel so incompetent you have someone making your decisions, plus the fact that much army believes the real Britney is primney. So she is still cautious about her career and maintaining a sense of normalcy and privacy. 

I mean she doesn’t want people talking about her . I think it’s pretty clear . 

1 minute ago, anakinskywalker said:

As she said, she doesn't trust anyone and feels like no one would believe her. ''She's lying, she's got everything, she's Britney Spears.'' And she also said she feels embarassed talking about this and Britney NEVER wanted to be portrayed like a victim, which is exactly what is happening lately.

but it contradicts what we saw in previous court filings from sam saying that she needed the world to hear.

On her June 23rd hearing maybe Sam tried to convince her to do that. 

Either way, I think what could be is that Britney has developed social anxiety at least since 2008, it must be hard for her to open up about everything, especially considering that when she tried to open up in the past people many times used that against her. She's not so used to having the world on her side, so she might be skeptical about opening up. 

Plus she grew up in the 80s/90s, it was not usual to open up about mental health struggles. She's different than artists that came out recently that will openly speak about their mental health, so she possibly has a hard time opening up about that.

• Like 4

I really think it was Ingham telling her “you got what you wanted and spoke your peace for the world, don’t air all your dirty laundry out let’s close the rest of the hearings for YOUR privacy.” or something along those lines.  He prob made it seem like it was for HER, but remember she called him out for not doing his job, so he prob didn’t want anything else getting out.  From the transcripts from the last hearing you could almost HEAR the tension between Britney and Ingham through the text…he was VERY clearly butthurt.  I think it was all him trying to save face while making her think she got what she wanted, but that she deserved privacy.  She was REALLY quick to say “it’s fine, it can stay open.” after Penny said she needed a solid reason to close it.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, nthenwkiss said:

but it contradicts what we saw in previous court filings from sam saying that she needed the world to hear.

She doesn't want the conservatorship to be a secret to benefit all of them, but she probably doesn't want the public to know private information, like her medication. It's very understandable, actually. 

• Like 6
4 minutes ago, HairFullOfSecrets said:

On her June 23rd hearing I don't remember her saying anything regarding that, maybe Sam tried to convince her to do that. 

Either way, I think what could be is that Britney has developed social anxiety at least since 2008, it must be hard for her to open up about everything, especially considering that when she tried to open up in the past people many times used that against her. She's not so used to having the world on her side, so she might be skeptical about opening up. 

Plus she grew up in the 80s/90s, it was not usual to open up about mental health struggles. She's different than artists that came out recently that will openly speak about their mental health, so she has a hard time opening out about that.

maybe she said all that she had to say and wanted privacy from that moment on. which is why she requested it after she had spoken on june 23rd.

it was sam who said it after she gave her testimony and penny asked Britney is she agreed and she said yes.

• Like 1

idk, but for some reason in the transcript of the second testimony, the first thing that came to my mind was that more than being worried about the public, she didn't want to speak in front of her father and his lawyers. I have like absolutely no basis for that, but for whatever reason that's the feeling I get, like, she wants to speak just to the judge and no one else, rather than worrying about the public. But who knows.

I mean, she got no problem after the judge said she didn't have an order to clear the room, so it shouldn't be that important for Britney if people were hearing or not, or at least it was stronger her desire to speak.

• Like 1

I wondered about that too because it was kind of odd. I'm wondering if she didn't quite understand what a closed hearing is. She didn't know the world was listening to her testimony until the hearing started in June. Maybe with this hearing she thought it meant speaking with Judge Penny in her chambers so she wouldn't have to expose her family with everyone watching? I think some of Britney's appearances prior to June were just meeting with Penny in her chambers, not in open court.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

idk, but for some reason in the transcript of the second testimony, the first thing that came to my mind was that more than being worried about the public, she didn't want to speak in front of her father and his lawyers. I have like absolutely no basis for that, but for whatever reason that's the feeling I get, like, she wants to speak just to the judge and no one else, rather than worrying about the public. But who knows.

I mean, she got no problem after the judge said she didn't have an order to clear the room, so it shouldn't be that important for Britney if people were hearing or not, or at least it was stronger her desire to speak.

4 minutes ago, phareezy said:

I wondered about that too because it was kind of odd. I'm wondering if she didn't quite understand what a closed hearing is. She didn't know the world was listening to her testimony until the hearing started in June. Maybe with this hearing she thought it meant speaking with Judge Penny in her chambers so she wouldn't have to expose her family with everyone watching? I think some of Britney's appearances prior to June were just meeting with Penny in her chambers, not in open court.

but wouldn't closing the hearing mean that only the people involved in the case were to listen / participate? i think a closed hearing would include her father and her lawyers no? and basically everyone else. it would just exclude the public. maybe im wrong, but it's my understanding.

like i get what you both say and it makes sense but i don't think closing the hearing would exclude jamie or his attorneys.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, nthenwkiss said:

but wouldn't closing the hearing mean that only the people involve were to listen / participate? i think a closed hearing would include her father and her lawyers no? it would just exclude the public. maybe im wrong, but it's my understanding.

like i get what you both say and it makes sense but i don't think closing the hearing would exclude jamie or his attorneys.

Exactly. I think she didn't want Jamie to hear what she was going to say. Revealing abuse and trauma like that with the person that did it to you sitting right there isn't easy. Especially after they've silenced you for over a decade.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, nthenwkiss said:

but wouldn't closing the hearing mean that only the people involved in the case were to listen / participate? i think a closed hearing would include her father and her lawyers no? and basically everyone else. it would just exclude the public. maybe im wrong, but it's my understanding.

yes, you're right, but as someone else said, it's also probable she didn't know what clearing the room meant, but who knows

• Like 1