Madonna Releases 35th Anniversary Edition of Her 3rd Studio Album "True Blue"

What's your favorite song?  

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

35 years ago, Madonna released her 3rd studio album True Blue. While Like a Virgin had turned Madonna into a worldwide phenomenon, it's True Blue that cemented Madonna's status as a force to be reckoned with and pop music icon that was here to stay. Also, it's worth mentioning that the album actually came out on June 30, not July 30. :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

At it's core, True Blue is totally a dance record, but it also marked a change. You could tell that her sound was maturing and that she was more willing to experiment. The album was obviously a smash hit and peaked at #1 in many countries including the US and UK. It actually debuted at #29, but quickly reached the #1 spot, staying there for five consecutive weeks. :kylie_proud_yes_wow_impressive_amazing:

The album also spawned 5 legendary singles:

Spoiler

It was very bold of Madonna to start a new, highly-anticipated era with a ballad, but it paid off because this masterpiece peaked at #1 on the Hot 100.

This controversial track gave Madonna another #1 hit. Moreover, the music video was recently remastered in HD.

The title track was inspired by girl groups of the 1950s and peaked at #3 in the US.

Another #1 hit.

While this song peaked at #4, which is obviously no laughing matter, I'd argue that La Isla Bonita is actually the most timeless of the singles, as it's the Madonna track I hear the most on the radio.

Madonna,_Live_to_Tell_single_cover.pngMadonna,_Papa_Don't_Preach_cover.pngMadonna_-_True_Blue_(single).pngMadonna_-_Open_Your_Heart.pngMadonna,_La_Isla_Bonita_cover.png

All five of the singles peaked within the top 5, and three of them peaked at #1. Need I say more? :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

To celebrate the 35th anniversary of True Blue, Madonna has released a special edition of the album:

4000x4000bb.jpeg

Unfortunately, the reissue features no b-sides, unlike the anniversary edition of Like a Prayer which at least features Supernatural (a fabulous, albeit weird, track about having intercourse with a ghost). In total, it has 18 tracks: the original tracklist and 9 alternate versions. I have no interest in remixes, but at least I get to listen to the album while looking at the new cover. I expected the new cover to be a boring rehash of the original one, but it's not. :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

Stream:

8 minutes ago, I Always Sing Live said:

Choosing between La Isla Bonita and Live to Tell was so tough. :gloriascary_scared_shocked_shook_wow_surprised:

It’s all boring and old  xo😛😛

🌺🌺🌺jk it’s papa don’t preach

PS this is my favourite Madonna song 🌸🌸🌺

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block