Scarlett Johansson sues Disney for 'Black Widow' breach of contract; Emma Stone also considering to follow suit with 'Cruella'

9 minutes ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

Apparently it is considered the best Marvel Movies in years. I haven't watched it yet though. 

Some people do like it, I don't like the more realistic marvel movies. 

I actually meant Florence Pugh. She plays her sister. Oops

.:jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

• Haha 1
On 7/29/2021 at 3:09 PM, Jordan Miller said:

Brave to sue Disney :deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink:

SO brave to sue Disney! Sadly I’m sure there’s a huge pay gap between her and her male avenger counterparts. With them releasing to streaming at the same time as theaters I guarantee she lost out on millions of dollars in pay on top of the pay gap. Proud of her and Emma!!! 

I think Black widow would have been successful, but just like Brie Larson (which was the first female to earn the wrath of the marvel films fan base The men, that flocks to see these films), Scarlett comments towards the male fan base, actually led to the films underperformance, you can't attack The main targeted audience for a certain type of films, and Marvel films are totally a male targeted franchise and not expect the film to underperform..

They have been trying unsuccessfully to get Captain marvel forecasted since Brie's comments pissed a lot of men off, and now with Scarlett especially the whole over***ualized comments of female superheroes, which like clay travis and others said, if it's a female led superhero movie, unless she isnt going to be ***ualized how else can you get the main targeted audience to attend these movies..

Men want to see cleavage and such, in a female led superhero film, females act like that's a bad thing to give us a fantasy, when Chris Hemsworth and Chris Evan's and pratt do the same thing, but do you see them complain, not really, they no it's a requirement to offer some fantasy to target audiences..

On 7/29/2021 at 10:19 PM, Arthurfleck said:

Greedy *****

Misogynistic *******!

Why should women in movies accept to have their contracts devaluated when the men executives makes more money cause suddenly Disney+ subscriptions increase as a result of these movies being release through premiere access?

YAY, Scarlett, for standing up for your contract, for your money and for women in entertainment!

21 hours ago, danny1994 said:

I’m sure there’s some Force Majeure clauses in the contract. You know, like an “act of god” for natural disasters and stuff like that.

There is but she has a precedent since F9 was released in theaters only and had a healthy box office just a month prior. So that should null that

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

I think Black widow would have been successful, but just like Brie Larson (which was the first female to earn the wrath of the marvel films fan base The men, that flocks to see these films), Scarlett comments towards the male fan base, actually led to the films underperformance, you can't attack The main targeted audience for a certain type of films, and Marvel films are totally a male targeted franchise and not expect the film to underperform..

They have been trying unsuccessfully to get Captain marvel forecasted since Brie's comments pissed a lot of men off, and now with Scarlett especially the whole over***ualized comments of female superheroes, which like clay travis and others said, if it's a female led superhero movie, unless she isnt going to be ***ualized how else can you get the main targeted audience to attend these movies..

Men want to see cleavage and such, in a female led superhero film, females act like that's a bad thing to give us a fantasy, when Chris Hemsworth and Chris Evan's and pratt do the same thing, but do you see them complain, not really, they no it's a requirement to offer some fantasy to target audiences..

Well captain Marvel made a billion so it is one of marvel’s most successful movies to date. ScarJo’s most problematic thing is some of the roles she chooses but that’s about it. The movie suffered from dual release and the trailers themselves didn’t get much traction as others. If the film was released before Infinity War then it may have done really well but yeah.  I think it surprisingly has less to do with ***ualization than we think. (Especially considering that female led action films in the 2000’s that ***ualized their protagonist didn’t have healthy box offices nor warm critical reception)

• Love 1
  • Like 1
Just now, Cedar Lane said:

We’ll captain Marvel made a billion is it was one of marvel’s most successful movies to date. ScarJo’s most problematic thing is some of the roles she chooses but that’s about it. The movie suffered from dual release and the trailers themselves didn’t get much traction as others. If the film was released before Infinity War then it may have done really well but yeah.  I think it surprisingly has less to do with ***ualization than we think. (Especially considering that female led action films in the 2000’s that ***ualized their protagonist didn’t have healthy box offices nor warm critical reception)

The only one that match the depiction of the character was Tomb Raider, people forget how Lara Croft at that time was one of the first female video game icons to be considered a s** pot, I watched the remake which bombed, and it wasn't as heavy on the outfit which made Lara a s** pot, which was mixed as they felt lara became PC as well.

27 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Wasn't black widow was supposed to happen before the infinity war events, they said that she died at the end of endgame and black widow basically messed up the story line of the first volume with the avengers 

• Super Mods
43 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Different people have different comfort zones.

this is such a good answer I swear. Men in general feel much more at ease going shirtless and giving eye candy, heck, men adore it, I know I sure do. We get the looks and awes and it helps our ego. Women do this as well but differently, they have their own subtle ways :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm: 

Thank you for responding like this tbh, we all have our comfort zones. 

• Love 1
On 7/31/2021 at 9:11 AM, Spicechinodiva said:

The only one that match the depiction of the character was Tomb Raider, people forget how Lara Croft at that time was one of the first female video game icons to be considered a s** pot, I watched the remake which bombed, and it wasn't as heavy on the outfit which made Lara a s** pot, which was mixed as they felt lara became PC as well.

Well the remake also receive poor critical reviews which definitely hurt audience attendance. Also video game movies are notorious for being Box Office Poison. While the ***pot original was an exception, the follow ups didn't have the same success. 

So after Disney tried to assassinate Scarlett's character, saying she doesn't care about covid (even though Disney was so quick to open their parks), her lawyers have fired back...

https://gizmodo.com/black-widow-lawsuit-escalates-as-scarlett-johanssons-te-1847394626

I'm hoping she ends up taking three times what she would have renegotiated for, cuz they really did her dirty and never would have pulled this shyt with one of her male costars.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, Britney'sBish said:

So after Disney tried to assassinate Scarlett's character, saying she doesn't care about covid (even though Disney was so quick to open their parks), her lawyers have fired back...

https://gizmodo.com/black-widow-lawsuit-escalates-as-scarlett-johanssons-te-1847394626

I'm hoping she ends up taking three times what she would have renegotiated for, cuz they really did her dirty and never would have pulled this shyt with one of her male costars.

How long do they want to use and milk the Covid thing? I know it's terrible, but we can't stuck in here forever. 

It's dumb, we have vaccines, everyone who is concerned should get it and should leave the rest alone. 

Sorry, but i don't understand the world anymore. 

Life is dangerous. :pensiveney_britney_praying_ftr_for_the_record_2008_circus_vmas_thinking:

i mean the movie has been delayed like crazy in order for it to be a theatrical release, all the hype died out, i don't think she's in the right but also she isn't in the wrong, this is a really unique situation. The movie is on streaming, but with an aditional very high cost tbh, at least in my country it's like 4 tickets.

i'm gonna watch the movie on the theater, i couldn't last week because my conspiranoic sister didn't get her second shot SMFH. DAMN the change of rules with 2 dosis mandatory to enter the theather was changed the day prior we were gonna go :(

3 hours ago, F3rzz said:

i mean the movie has been delayed like crazy in order for it to be a theatrical release, all the hype died out, i don't think she's in the right but also she isn't in the wrong, this is a really unique situation. The movie is on streaming, but with an aditional very high cost tbh, at least in my country it's like 4 tickets.

i'm gonna watch the movie on the theater, i couldn't last week because my conspiranoic sister didn't get her second shot SMFH. DAMN the change of rules with 2 dosis mandatory to enter the theather was changed the day prior we were gonna go :(

The problem with Disney doing same day streaming is that the stars aren't seeing the money from that.

It's dirty dealings to eff over their stars, hence the lawsuit.

Yes it's a unique situation, but Scarlet is 1000% in the right here.

All Disney had to do was be fair and just renegotiate a deal and they would have avoided all of this.

17 hours ago, Alexanda said:

How long do they want to use and milk the Covid thing? I know it's terrible, but we can't stuck in here forever. 

It's dumb, we have vaccines, everyone who is concerned should get it and should leave the rest alone. 

Sorry, but i don't understand the world anymore. 

Life is dangerous. :pensiveney_britney_praying_ftr_for_the_record_2008_circus_vmas_thinking:

I mean the vaccines aren't even working against the delta variant though.

The whole issue with covid is one where there is no right or clear answer.

6 hours ago, Britney'sBish said:

I mean the vaccines aren't even working against the delta variant though.

The whole issue with covid is one where there is no right or clear answer.

Yes, but to me it's frustrating and ridiculous  after 1 1/2 years and everything is still the same, basically. 

On 7/31/2021 at 9:46 AM, danny1994 said:

I’m not defending Disney. I just know they have an army of lawyers and they probably know what they can and can not legally get away with. It sucks but they can be very deceptive with loopholes and stuff like that.

They do. Fortunately Scarlett is backed by CAA and that’s huge. Disney can’t really afford to have a bad rap with one of the largest agencies worldwide. I think they believed they could act like Netflix or Amazon who have those types of deals without doing anything. Or at least like Warner Bros which is doing the same thing but for free and hasn’t (yet) faced consequences.  Or they thought their Act of God clause would shield them without considering F9 being a theaters only release may undo that precedent.  It’s likely that they try to settle. The thing is, if she doesn’t settle and it goes to a ruling, it’ll be huge for everyone else in how people are paid for streaming.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block