why is Lynne only just speaking up now?

i do actually like Lynne and she seems to truly care about Britney IMO. But what i dont understand is why is it now shes started speaking up about the cship and Jamie abusing his powers and not years ago? Is it because she wanted to wait til Britney decided to have her say?

• Love 5

She has spoken before, her lawyer have made statements in favor of Britney and she has contested Vivian legal fees expenses. She seems to have been siding withBritney at least since 2019 when she joined the lawsuit as an interested party. 

I think before that she just thought all was fine and being a submissive southern housewife she probably thought it was good to have a man in the front things.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Mar3384 said:

This is an unpopular opinion among many but I think she was a victim of Jamie herself. In the Ronana Farrow article it talked how there was an incident one time where Lynne was on the phone with someone and she told them she had to be careful because of if Jamie walked in there. We don't know what kind of control or threats were made towards Lynne either. I feel its possible since Britney got the courage to speak up finally that Lynne is getting that courage as well. Especially now that Britney has a strong backing. 

Not buying this victim role

IMO Lynne is mostly trying to salvage her reputation. Would she be helping if the movement never gained any traction?

She’s been complicit for years. I do want to acknowledge her volatile and abusive history with Jamie, and it’s possible she has been threatened and scared.

Still, as a mother you have a duty to protect and help your child. Britney lost 13 years of her life to control and abuse. 

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, Mar3384 said:

This is an unpopular opinion among many but I think she was a victim of Jamie herself. In the Ronana Farrow article it talked how there was an incident one time where Lynne was on the phone with someone and she told them she had to be careful because of if Jamie walked in there. We don't know what kind of control or threats were made towards Lynne either. I feel its possible since Britney got the courage to speak up finally that Lynne is getting that courage as well. Especially now that Britney has a strong backing. 

But then, ok if Jamie was abusive/controlling/threatening to Lynne over the years, thats terrible and i feel sorry for her. but 1. why the hell would a court let a person like that in charge of a 'mentally incapacitated' person's life and finances and 2. whilst i do feel sorry for Lynne, i still dont understand how as Britneys mother she could sit back for 13 years knowing what Jamie is capable of and watch him control and abuse Britney 

I'll say straight off the bridge Lynne Spears is the worst mother in the world, literally! She watched for 13 years as her daughter was imprisoned in her will, she is a slave (money-making machine) and did nothing, recently she was seen dancing at the club to the song Work *****. Disgusting!

No mother who truly loves her child would have allowed this to happen! If she really wanted to help her, she would do anything, report it to the police, go on TV, just find a ******* way to help her doughter.

Lynne, like the rest of the family, watched Team Con slowly kill Britney! Recently, I even saw a sms leak from Britney's phone in which Britney wrote that Lynne is sleeping with Jamie. It was probably in 2014.:watrusayin_britney_xfactor_confused_shocked_surprised_um_what:

Just please don't write me here that she was bullied by Jamie and the whole team con and so on...:sofedup_fed_up_miss_ny_ms_new_york_done_tiffany_pollard_eye_roll_eyeroll_whatever:

• Love 2
  • Like 1
32 minutes ago, Mar3384 said:

I don’t think that’s an unpopular opinion. It’s pretty well known that Jamie was a dysfunctional alcoholic while they were married. And we’ve all seen how he’s treating Britney … I think most people would conclude that he likely mistreated or even abused his wife. 

But I think many people argue that even being scared of Jamie doesn’t justify Lynne’s actions from 2008-2019. Especially now that we’ve heard some of the new reports, like how he allegedly shouted in Britney’s face and called her fat and told her she was going to get back to work right after her hospitalization.

Lynne didn’t defend her daughter for years and years, and whether that was because she wanted money or because she didn’t want to fight with Jamie … most fans still feel like that’s unacceptable. 

• Like 2

I do think that she is a victim of abuse at the hands of Jamie. And abuse victims (unfortunately) sometimes go back to their abuser because it sadly is the familiar and safe to them (which is an extremely messed up way of thinking). I do think that the forced stay at the mental facility snapped her out of her trance of submission to Jamie and got her to realize the error in her ways. While Britney will likely cut off all contact with  Jamie, Bryan and JL, Lynne will at least get a Christmas card every year aka minimal contact.

It's really hard to understand how in so long she never tried to do something. I doubt she never saw Britney's misery or that Britney never talked to her about how unhappy she was, yet there's always the possibility that she really was that oblivious to the situation.

We all assume that because we all have been doing research about the conservatorship, everyone around Britney knows all the details about them, what is right what is not, what is possible to do or not, but that's just an assumption. Again, why the hell she never felt "curious" about researching about it in all these years, who knows, but there's always the chance that she really never knew how far the conservatorship had gone, in terms of what was legal or not, or maybe she didn't know she could sign herself as an interested party, or that she could propose the termination of the conservatorship. 

What I'm saying is that more than coming from being the victim, or being innocent, or afraid, I feel like it's more about an issue of ignorance, not knowing a lot of things.

Tbh, if it was due to greed, it would've been much more convenient to help Britney years ago get rid of Jamie, and stay herself as the only parent supported by Britney, probably receiving much more money and commodities than what she's getting now. 

She is the mother and she should have done something a long time ago!!!!! How could you watch your daughter suffer and getting abused in such a HORRIBLE way, without doing anything? I understand if she was a victim of Jamie herself...but there is a limit of how much that you can ignore, then the silence turns into abuse as well. She knew everything that was happening and ignored her in multiple ways (even before the cship) and she probably used Britneys money as well.

But this is only what I believe and it really doesn't matter what I (or anyone else) think about this. Only Britney can speak about this, about her mother and what she experienced 

• Like 3

IMO Lynne is in the SAME boat as Casey Anthony and Jon Benney Ramsey's mother. Theres sick disgusting secrets that all 3 of these women are holding onto and they all have perverted motives...she wants her monthly allowance and to keep her mansion that is under the SJB trust, not her name. Yall think Jamie is the wolf, but i say Lynne is the starving wolf in sheeps clothing. Shes thirstier than i could ever even attempt at being. Ull see....Britney is jumping from the wolfs den right into a cauldron already boiling over a roaring fire.

Edited by SumoCyco2017
A word
  • Love 1