California lawyer Christopher Melcher: "The court can end the conservatorship at any time... why aren't they acting?!"

He will file to terminate, but he's taking it one step at a time. And he's smart for doing it this way.

If he files to terminate while Jamie is still conservator, Jamie can counter that and/or argue that Britney needs an evaluation. Britney can petition to choose a physician for the evaluation, but Jamie can counter that, too, and Britney would then also need to be evaluated by the doctor that Jamie chooses (and she'd have to pay for it). Judge Penny could then step in with a court-appointed evaluator, which I doubt would be unbiased (Ingham was court-appointed and didn't have Britney's best interest at heart). That would be a third evaluation. This is explained in a recent NYT article.

Britney's best shot at terminating the c-ship, especially without an evaluation, is if Jamie is out of the picture.

Furthermore, removing Jamie doesn't even require Rosengart to prove that Jamie did anything illegal, so it should be fairly straightforward. Rosengart only needs to prove that keeping Jamie on board is not in Britney's best interest. Britney herself has said she's scared of her father and wants him gone. Jodi and Lynne agree, and Britney's own doctors say it's detrimental to her health. This is all in the petition Rosengart filed to remove Jamie.

Jamie and Vivian really don't have a leg to stand on at this point. I expect they'll be gone after the September hearing.

• Love 2
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, canyouhandlemytruth said:

Yeah honestly this is what I don’t understand as well. Britney keeps saying she wants the judge to end it and the judge seems to have this power. But they’re going the route of kicking out Jamie then filing to end it I guess

Jamie won’t step down, penny won’t free her, Congress won’t free her….

Why?

because it would be admitting that they allowed this to happen!

vivian has been steadfast and is sticking to her lies like a pro, if they even agree with anything Britney says it admits that their guilty 

I think judge penny is also doing damage control by not immediately freeing her after being called out for not doing anything in 2019, she would look even more suspicious if she immediately freed Britney due to public pressure… she has to make it look like she’s just following standard procedures, when she knows that’s not that case at all

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Danielle1987 said:

Right! She ultimately wants the entire conservatorship eliminated. 

She will just settle with Jody if that means she doesn’t have to go through another psychological evaluation...those really scarred her, I wonder exactly what happened? :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

28 minutes ago, websurfer22 said:

He does make a huge point. I imagine Rosengart doesn’t want to piss Judge Penny off directly. But EVERYBODY else on the outside should be questioning why everything is and has been moving so SLOW. Why the court did nothing to change her current living situation, even if temporarily, despite her serious allegations on June 23rd. It doesn’t have to be this way. They put her into this situation fast in 2008 but now can’t do anything Britney herself wants fast.

Britney: My ex husband took out a restraining order against my father because he assaulted my children. I’m scared of my father and I’d like to press charges of conservator abuse against him.

Judge Penny: OK that was brave of you. Maybe we’ll get around to a final hearing about that in 2022 or 2023. Britney, just keep living in your same situation until then.

Jodi: Fees!

Judge Penny: Jodi, that is a very important topic. Is a court date next week good for you?

Britney is being so totally gas lit by Jodi it’s sad

but Britney is smart she’s playing their game! But seriously how much long must she have to play along!

why can’t the hammers  just be smashed down rn and free Britney and approve these restraining disorders

• Love 3

i thought the same thing yesterday when i read the transcript of the 07/14 hearing - britney said I'm here to have my conservatorship ended and the judge said thank you britney... literally she didn't even address anything britney said.

death to all of them.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
51 minutes ago, Britman512 said:

Why?

vivian has been steadfast and is sticking to her lies like a pro, if they even agree with anything Britney says it admits that their guilty 

I think judge penny is also doing damage control by not immediately freeing her after being called out for not doing anything in 2019, she would look even more suspicious if she immediately freed Britney due to public pressure… she has to make it look like she’s just following standard procedures, when she knows that’s not that case at all

brenda is probably as bad as reva... otherwise she wouldn't have "inherited" this case. everyone is involved. 

• Like 1

This guy is total pro-#freebritney. He’s well informed  and makes really good points, I’ve seen him on several News programmes talking about the subject. Always respectful towards Britney and critical of Team Con, and the fact that they are in bed with Penny. Massive respect 🙌🏻😎

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Britman512 said:

Why?

I think somewhat along these lines as well. I think we have to remember that the peeps in this court are the furthest things from Britney fans like us. I wouldn't even consider them to be general public either, because theyre not being shaken into awareness the way almost everyone else has these past few months. It's like the frog that gets put in progressively hotter water until it doesn't realize the water is boiling. The judges, lawyers, doctors, fiduciaries, team con etc, are all deep in this conservatorship, and they have been for years.  They are comfortable and complacent. Ignoring Britney is normal for them and I'm sure they all have justifications that they tell themselves and each other as to why they treat Britney this way. At best, they probably felt indifferent or pitiful toward Britney; at worst, they harbored an unexamined contempt for her stemming from the helldays of 2007/2008, and the corrupt probate court system enabled them to act upon their s**ist, ableist, and paternalistic beliefs. We can throw the stupid LA probate codes at Brenda's head all we want--the reality is that in practice the court will look out for its own interests and those of its associates. I can't imagine anyone on team con/LA superior court waking up and thinking, "Gee, I have to protect Britney Spears' best interests today." They're all too busy hoarding power. ALL of them have been raking in the dough from this c-ship arrangement AND/OR enjoying the opportunity to wield their power within the system. I'm a strong believer in the theory that anyone is capable of anything under the right circumstances, and the sheer amount of money in this case alone is motivation enough to make even the most well-intentioned people put aside their good intentions. 

Not that anyone on team con was well-intentioned to begin with. :nochillbrit_britney_impatient_2008_annoyed_irritated_nope_smh_head_shaking_my_ftr_for_the_record_circus:

Spoiler

Alexa, play Shattered Glass ... if you think you're hurting, you ain't seen nothing yet :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

TL;DR: team con and the court are operating under a different moral framework than we are and it will take public pressure and some competent lawyering from Rosendaddy for them all to wake up and realize that there's no justifying what they've done. Also the system is broken. 

Anyway, thanks for coming to my TED talk! 

Always Sunny Fx GIF

• Love 4