ANOTHER UPDATE: DaBaby Apologizes for His Homophobic Onstage Rant. Dua Lipa and DaBaby Unfollow One Another.

26 minutes ago, Rik said:

:umsaywhat_adele_hmm_umm_thinking_confused_unsure: what did you just say? Seriously did you just say the n word or am I misreading? If you’re saying the word, particularly the hard r, I pray that you are Black. 

Please tell me that I am misreading the censored word. Oh god, this is legitimately not okay. Sure the HIV and anti gay rhetoric is disgusting, but that doesn’t justify the use of a word that has destroyed millions of black peoples lives either. Disappointing.

I think F. U. C. K. ER is what @CrazyButItFeelsAllright is saying.

Those were some very unkind words. Consequences must be faced. Talking about Dababy

• Love 2

I came here for Dua, what did she say?

Thee are many nasty gays out there, let's also mention that guys... The LGBTQ community needs to self-reflect from time to time as well. But straight people can get HIV as well so you can definitely tell that this guy knows nothing about STIs, and that he has a narrow and biased view on gay people.

• Super Mods
3 minutes ago, Geralt_of_Rivia said:

I think F. U. C. K. ER is what @CrazyButItFeelsAllright is saying.

Those were some very unkind words. Consequences must be faced. Talking about Dababy

Thank you! Omg not once did the thought cross my mind that someone would mistake what that word was. I even had to go edit the message. I’m pissed that he decided to go on such a vile rant. I’m glad Dua called him out. I’m also pissed that it will taint with the songs legacy 

• Love 3

🍻Intoxicate me, I’m a lush🍻

• Super Mods
3 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

Thee are many nasty gays out there, let's also mention that guys... The LGBTQ community needs to self-reflect from time to time as well. But straight people can get HIV as well so you can definitely tell that this guy knows nothing about STIs, and that he has a narrow and biased view on gay people.

There are many nasty people out there period. What he said is homophobic af and he should be called out. And then the audacity to be like “y’all do you” like if being gay is a choice and very “keep it out of my radar” energy is what makes his comments even more disgusting 

• Love 2
  • Like 2

🍻Intoxicate me, I’m a lush🍻

1 hour ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Not this ****er running his mouth and tainting my baby’s hit like that. :ohi_okay_chewing_gum_well_welp: PSA the word starts with an F not an N @Rik my god what kind of monster do you think I am? :umomg_britney_shocked_wow_omg_surprised_eyes_wide:

GIRL WHAT DID U SAY THEN OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGHH :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad: IM SORRY

IM ACTUALLY STUPID 

but also screaming OMF. Sorry 

tbh today I actually had a really awkward convo w one of my friends who let the word  “slip” and I feel like it’s probably just me projecting omfg :dead_falling_wig_dying: I’m legit so so so sorry for misinterpreting that legit :ohdear_britney_glory_dear,_fingers_hand_face_orange_hide_uh_oh: I am embarrassed and I legit omg

this truly is just me  I really am jusr Shook BY MYSELF TBH

I am so sorry about all that wtf

I am the embarrassing one 

anyway Da Baby is disgusting 

• Haha 4
4 hours ago, I Always Sing Live said:

DaBaby has apologized:

Ok, that first Tweet is absolutely f--king ridiculous. Did he forget that there were literal RIOTS in the US last year? 

It's so random to read because Black gay men are murdered every year and no one says anything about it and often the victims don't get the justice they deserve. :umok_pursed_squint_well_okay:

People in general need to realize racism and homophobia aren't a competition, they're both disgusting evil prejudices (which often go hand-in-hand with hate-crimes towards LGBT BIPOC) that fill this world that we need to talk about. :ban_britney_ff_femme_fatale:

• Love 4
  • Like 4
5 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

You're not entirely wrong, and many gay men are in fact getting too comfortable because of PrEP, but you can tell that his words stem from the age-old rhetoric of gay men being hypers-xual superspreaders, which completely ignores the nuance of why AIDS struck our community so severely in the first place, and why gay men tend to be more promiscuous. This rhetoric places all the blame on gay men, which is extremely disingenuous and backwards. Western gays might not have an excuse anymore, and there needs to be some sort of wake-up call, but this isn't the right way of going about it, and you can tell that he knows nothing about the AIDS epidemic.

• Like 1