Britney Jean is not a bad album ( Edited )

I have high standards for a Britney album - always. For the most part, she usually has a fairly cohesive album. The first half was fairly decent but then somewhere in the middle and closer to the end, it just felt flat instantly. I think that killed the momentum for me. Overall, I enjoyed it more than Circus. It had a lot more heart in my opinion. 

But I have to say, these are some of the best remixes.  

• Love 1

I like Hold on tight and Perfume, both for her vocals. Hold on tight is more exciting to me, gets me more emotionally.

would love me some Work ****** too if she actually gave some vocals to it… at the moment it’s the one Milli-Vanilli type of track that I don’t even like to talk about, just listen and make myself believe it’s her…

If the rest was erased from her catalogue I wouldn’t even spot it lol

5 hours ago, Prachi said:

Ummm, it says on the back of the cover though I might be wrong absolutely but I know she didn't recorded the full album but album had potential if Britney had control over this. 

You’re missing the point completely lol Britney did not do **** with this album nor did she give a single **** it existed the fake writing credits were to make up for the fake vocals 

• Love 1

I agree with this unpopular opinion. BJ had good gems but people like to amplify the bad things about it especially the issue with Myah Marie which is is way blown out of proportion. Y’all make it seem like Britney has zero contribution towards this album when her vocals are heard crisp and clear in many instances. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, Yasux34 said:

Hey I have been a fan since 1997 , ****** me if you want but ( I am not saying this record is great I am not saying it is even up there evn close to her best . I am saying it does have some AMAING  songs for her discography that doesn't include Myah )

Alien

Work *****

Till It's Gone

Dont cry

Hold On Tight

Perfume

Now that I found you 

This album has some of her best ballads man ........make sure you throw rocks gently at me im not alone britney spears GIF

Those are my favorite songs from BJ (except for Perfume) :) It's really not a bad album...Too bad she doesnt sing most of the songs, but Don't Cry is one of my favorite Britney songs ever, as well as TIG, HOT and NTIFY.

• Love 2
Just now, GirlOnTheMoon said:

Those are my favorite songs from BJ (except for Perfume) :) It's really not a bad album...Too bad she doesnt sing most of the songs, but Don't Cry is one of my favorite Britney songs ever, as well as TIG, HOT and NTIFY.

Right??? The Vocals on those listed tracks are all Britney....and they are beautiful songs. That is just a fact :wink_britney_everytime_white:

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, bas che said:

I agree with this unpopular opinion. BJ had good gems but people like to amplify the bad things about it especially the issue with Myah Marie which is is way blown out of proportion. Y’all make it seem like Britney has zero contribution towards this album when her vocals are heard crisp and clear in many instances. 

This!!!

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I like Britney Jean, it brings me back some memories, I really enjoyed it back when it was released, but it seems like it doesn't sound so good as when it was brand-new, anyone agrees?

But, yeah, I don't hate it, not at all.

• Love 2

Brokeback Junction literally stalled her top 40 career a bit. In my opinion it’s a truly awful and super embarrassing record. It’s a stain on an otherwise flawless discography. 

Alien, Work *****, Perfume, Don’t Cry and BMS are the only songs I still use from this album, and even then these few aren’t really that great (Alien is a bit boring, Work ***** has too much Myah, Perfume has weird lyrics).

At least we can sign this off on team CON and hopefully re-sweep it under the rug. In actuality though… I bet it because some weird cult classic album because of the mystery / rumors around it and it’s ties to the conservatorship and their attempt at milking the brand for what it’s worth with or without the artist. It’s Black Mirror-like **** lol. 

The album is for sure going platinum one day. 

• Love 1

It's not a bad album, but it needed polishing imo. The production sounds so dated now even compared to other 2013 albums. Also the standard edition should've been 12 songs in length instead of 10, and Chillin' with You never should've been recorded. :decisions_britney_thinking_confused_focusing_unsure_xfactor_bw_black_white:

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Dreams said:

It's a great album thanks to Jamie Lynn for saving the album with Chillin With U

Jamie.thumb.jpg.060193782968015cc00a420d49406017.jpg

OT: No, no and no. The album is just plain bad and what makes it worse is that Britney did not sing 97% of it. The only good songs were Work Work, Till I Found You, Alien, Body Ache & Hold On Tight. If this album were an EP, it would be a nice project but we will have to deal with this tragedy of a record. A stain in Britney's career and ruined her 7-streak of successful albums :bcut_britney_clapboard:

They promoted it as her most personal album - yet it was souless. The production and lyrics, don't match, the whole album is all over the place.

She herself seemed completley disconnected to the project in every interview and promo. Literally, no passion or excitment.

Yes, there are some ok songs, I personally really like Don't Cry. But let's be honest,If the album would suddenly disappear from the earth tomorrow, none of us would look for it.