Britney Jean is not a bad album ( Edited )

i remember being excited after liking work and alien as songs

then the first time i heard it i was absolutely appalled, it was one of the worst experiences ive had in hearing an album.

nothing else stick out. the bonus tracks were nice but would not carry the album. i could not believe what was happening with it should be easy.

its not.

and it wasn't something "ooooh if it was successful you'd have liked it". no, that was the feeling i got upon my first listen and it hasnt changed at all.

at least a couple of lyrics are better than anything on femme fatale, but lyrics wise it's one of her most appalling. the worst is, even when the lyrics are kinda okay, they have nothing to do with britney (passenger)

• Like 1

I don't know what to think of this album anymore ... because on the one hand since I know that Myah has re-recorded the whole album without Britney knowing it chills me ... Second, the album was done too quickly thirdly Body ache was not recorded by Britney like others ... I think Britney was so bored with the result that she had to screw up all the songs hence the fact that Myah re-recorded !!! I see that

There are a handful of songs which had potential but it was completely ruined by Myah singing 80% of it. 

Alien, Perfume, Till It’s Gone, Passenger, Chillin With You, Don’t Cry, Brightest Morning Star, Hold On Tight were good songs. Had she sang everything and added in some tracks she had written it would have been a nice album. The album booklet photos were stunning and she looked amazing in 2013.

• Like 1

The biggest problem with the album is the vocal production, by Anthony Preston, who was a friend of Will.I.Am. He was totally new in this and had barely experience. He officially co-produced only 6 songs and produced the vocals on only 2 songs before working on Britney Jean. :gloria_falling_stairs_trip: 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Prachi said:

Absolutely will have to agree, but the problem with this album is it's production and not the lyrics - she wrote almost every song on this one but the album is very rushed and very forgettable sounds like a dated EDM! 

Honestly this album hits different after Britney’s testimony..

Alien, Don’t Cry, Now that I found you, Perfume, Hold on tight, Passenger, Brightest Morning Star, and Body Ache..hit totally different..

Production for Passenger was awful

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Wasn’t perfume the only song with her vocals? 100% ? 

only songs i really like from here is Dont Cry (sounds mostly Britney to me) , perfume (sia was on fire during this time) and Brightest Morning Star. Everything else is forgettable dribble and a **** stain on her discography. Work ***** would of been cute but Britney vocal is barely there. 

Britney Jean is my favorite album along with Ooops and Circus. It include some of the best ballads of her career. But yes,they should make an EP of the album.

I just listen to this songs:

Brightest Morning Star

Til ´it´s Gone (one of my all  time favorites)

Now That I Found You

Passanger

Alien

Don´t Cry

Perfume ( + Dreaming Remix)

Hold On Tight

• Love 1

My theory on this album, after her recent court pleas, is that I think she was being massively sarcastic calling this album “her most personal album”. It is obvious that her father and Larry guided this album. It was what THEY wanted or thought we wanted. I think Britney hated this album, the tracks, the sound. Plus knowing that her vocals weren’t even going on it? I think she was taking a major dig at her conservators by calling it her most personal album cause she knew she had such little control on it.